Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #61
Ghoopa
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
Shaq earned degree at 28 years (cuz hes too busy making 30 mi/year,just like Bynum right?)...(hahah Shaq hater )

Let's not forget the shaq is never the goto guy for any team in the 4th quarter becasue he inability to shoot free throw. Every playoff game, it's always his sidekick (penny, kobe, d-wade) is doing the demage while Shaq is simply a decoy. How many game winning shot did Shaq in his career and that will tell you who is more dominant for any era of basketball?
Ghoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #62
lakers-city
Local High School Star

lol, no one cares about game winners, horry and miller have 100x more winner than shaq but they arent 1/250 as dominant as he is.

name centers who could make game winners ? i'll name you the only one:hakeem.

russell relied on his teamm ates to make the big shots (and strangely he doesnt get dissed like shaq for it), same for wilt, kareem, duncan, malone, ewing, etc,etc.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #63
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
And when it comes to comparing players he went up against try sticking to the players in his position I know adding PF makes it look like he went up against allot more competition but like I have said before be honest with yourself. I will tell you what if my work day permits I to can go dig up some more dominant centers and we can play your game and add a few PF to make it look better on second thought

TD,KG ang Webba are PF cuz Shaq make them PF (anyway,when Shaq play against their team...who will guard him?those PFs)

Quote:
. This says it all.

KAJ
Most Valuable Player (1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1980)
Six-time NBA champion (1971, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988)

Shaq
NBA Most Valuable Player: 2000
4-time NBA Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006

Look in all seriousness RPZ I have no beef with your opinion youre entitled to it thats what makes this country so great. I have no problem saying that Shaq is a dam good player one of the best to play the game one of the top 5 centers of all time like I have said I have no problem with Shaq I am not to hip on his work ethic but as another poster pointed out to me it never affected us winning 3 titles and with that I have to concur. But when it comes to the best centers to me it goes

1) Bill Russell 11 titles
2) KAJ 6 Titles
3) Shaq 4 titles
4) Wilt 2 titles
5) The Dream 2 titles

i really cant buy that for a simple fact

Robert Horry 5 titles > Shaq 4 titles ?
Nash 2 MVPs > Shaq 1 MVP?(cmom ..u kno 1 mvp to Shaq is a shame...there is alot of people who hate Shaq and his bad work ethic)

about the foreigners...i wasnt on drugs (HAHAHA i wish :rollingeyes: )i was just trying to say KAJ played a National Championship...while Shaq is playing a World Championship (at least with the best players in the world)

anyways it will never end...just a case of opinion...
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #64
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I thought Shaq could have been a top 5 all time center. But, I held my concerns about him. Shaq, never worked hard in the off season to be the best during regular season. What a wasted talent, I would love to have seen him more into his job and not the money. My second opinion is Shaq tells people that Dwade is the best player and a good teammate I recall him saying that about penny and Kobe, my point is Shaq will soon fall out with Dwade just wait a see.

Shaq, with all the GREAT players he had around him would easily made him a top 5 center in the NBA greats. Hope, the best for him. Over the next four year and getting older maybe a top 7 all time center.

top 7? if he is already top 5 (top 2 IMO with THE DREAM...i really cant buy those old big guys ), seriously who are the 2 guys who will surpass Shaq in the next 4 years? Ming?Howard?Okafor?
ROFL (damn shaq haters )
Old 09-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #65
schyza
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
TD,KG ang Webba are PF cuz Shaq make them PF (anyway,when Shaq play against their team...who will guard him?those PFs)

i really cant buy that for a simple fact

Robert Horry 5 titles > Shaq 4 titles ?
Nash 2 MVPs > Shaq 1 MVP?(cmom ..u kno 1 mvp to Shaq is a shame...there is alot of people who hate Shaq and his bad work ethic)

about the foreigners...i wasnt on drugs (HAHAHA i wish :rollingeyes: )i was just trying to say KAJ played a National Championship...while Shaq is playing a World Championship (at least with the best players in the world)

anyways it will never end...just a case of opinion...

Dam it your growing on me good points and well thought out with out dropping a bunch of senseless name calling and childish behavior this time "that I can respect" You do make a good point backing up you thoughts on the international players there are more now then ever (not sure were it was relevant but who cares) some of your points however do get lost in translation like when comparing Shaq and Horry one was a roll player on all the right teams at all the right times not to take away from big shot bob he is as clutch as it gets ice water for blood but not the go to guy like Shaq witch is why you know as well as I know who you would pick on a team. And the Shaq Nash comparison is like apples and oranges Shaq winning only one MVP is not as much of a sham as Nash winning 2 especially when Stockton never one a single one and was 10 times the PG thats a sham. Shaq would have had more but he was beat out one year maybe even 2 now that Im thinking about it by Duncan and once by KG. But like I said I respect your opinion what is the old saying agree to disagree (or was that from Anchorman) anyways good little debate RPZ. By the way just out of shear curiosity who is your team?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #66
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

I don't know why this is here Shaq was quoted as saying I don't like basketball its just business to me I fancy football better. Kareem is a part of basketball, he was way better then Shaq he loved the game Shaq only cares about Shaq, Kareem even to this day can beat Shaq one on one.
Shaq cares about Shaq and is full of ****. Shaq can compete with center today because there is no true centers anymore. In the past he would lucky be in the top 10.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #67
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Shaq cares about Shaq and is full of ****. Shaq can compete with center today because there is no true centers anymore. In the past he would lucky be in the top 10.

This might be true because i see big centers as big as shaq and they can't do much either...they arent that good i mean.

Shaq just has height to go with his weight..and his height is pretty much why he dunks all the time...other than that if he was 6'9'' i dont see him doing much either
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #68
lakers-city
Local High School Star

thats irrelevant, he grew up to be 7'1 to he dunks the ball, why should he even try to shoot if he can dunk it at will ?

as far as shaq not being a top 10

put shaq in wilt's era, he easily averages 30 points in his career like wilt did.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #69
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
thats irrelevant, he grew up to be 7'1 to he dunks the ball, why should he even try to shoot if he can dunk it at will ?

as far as shaq not being a top 10

put shaq in wilt's era, he easily averages 30 points in his career like wilt did.

haha i wouldnt call it easily.

I just criticize his work ethic

If he worked 5% harder then he'd prolly be a top 3 center.

But admit the man never took anything seriously. he says "gimme the ****in ball" and "YOU GONNA PAY ME OR WHAT??"
Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #70
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
By the way just out of shear curiosity who is your team?

Im pissed lakers fan...but still lakers fan (hard to see lakers fighting for a playoff spot)
Old 09-20-2006, 10:57 PM   #71
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Maybe my opinion was to hard on Shaq. I see it in this order.

Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Dream
Shaq.
Somebody tell me where will Shaq jersey get retire at LA or Heat?

i think LA , Heat and Magic
Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #72
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I just criticize his work ethic

If he worked 5% harder then he'd prolly be a top 3 center.

I agree with this as it relates to basketball, except I think its more like 25-30% harder in my opinion.

Remember, he's got a lot of things going on, including:

- Basketball
- Rapping
- Acting
- Police
- Real Estate
- School
- Somewhere in there is his family too

So, he's a busy man across the board. Who has time for basketball?

LOL
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #73
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

LOOL i like the last line u said
somewhere in there is his family too.

LMAO...nice!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #74
bleedinpurple
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
so using ur logic u would pick Malone before Shaq?
ps:omg again...somalian KAJ played against 6'6''/220 centers...while shaq played against all those GOAT big guys (include PFs)in their primes...add alot of stupids 7'0''+ centers ( ya ...but still 7'0'' who probly would kik ass on 70s and 80s)

why are you comparing a PF to a C?
Kareem played against REAL centers, unlike Shaq. Kareem played against Moses Malone, Parish, Hakeem in his prime, Bill Walton, Dave Cowens, Willis Reed, and Patrick Ewing, etc. all Hall of Fame centers. 6'6"/220...which one?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #75
bleedinpurple
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
lol, no one cares about game winners, horry and miller have 100x more winner than shaq but they arent 1/250 as dominant as he is.

name centers who could make game winners ? i'll name you the only one:hakeem.

russell relied on his teamm ates to make the big shots (and strangely he doesnt get dissed like shaq for it), same for wilt, kareem, duncan, malone, ewing, etc,etc.

you want GAME WINNERS from a center? Kareem Abdul Jabar...skyhook. Magic dumped it down to Kareem every time at crunch time and he always came thru! unlike Shaq (who I still love).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: