Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #61
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind
 
Teanett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2nd floor, east of noho
Posts: 4,598
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

bump!!!!
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #62
Sgt. Brody
Saw a basketball once
 
Sgt. Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Can't tell you
Posts: 31
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
bump!!!!

How many more threads regarding Wodsoon will you bump? That said, you hit the nail on the head. He has to go.
Sgt. Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #63
dgaras
Decent playground baller
 
dgaras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 343
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
So what? That was years ago. Coaches grow in experience and develop just like players do.

Doc Rivers got fired in Orlando after a 1-10 start. I guess that means he never should have been given another chance, according to your "rules".

lol any REAL knick fan knew that melo was bad news and woodson is one of the worst. not many real knick fans around.
dgaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #64
Done_And_Done
Induuubitably
 
Done_And_Done's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Embedded in your cranium...
Posts: 9,831
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

I'll be the first to agree that Woodson has proven himself to be incapable of heading this team at this time but much of the Knicks woes this year stems from the complete over-estimation of their roster talent, prior to the seasons commencement.

With that said, this crop of players should not have only amassed 3 wins by the beginning of December, regardless of who's coaching them.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #65
Chrono90
Local High School Star
 
Chrono90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,369
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Anyone knows why World Peace is sitting on his butt most of the game?
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #66
Eric Cartman
Banned
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,170
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

At least he is a funny joke.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #67
atljonesbro
College star
 
atljonesbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,249
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Do all Knicks fans really think it's 100% Woodson's fault and their whole roster has ZERO blame?
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #68
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Do all Knicks fans really think it's 100% Woodson's fault and their whole roster has ZERO blame?
No, but how does one switch the whole roster in a way that doesn't destroy the team for years to come in mid season? It's like the Net fans with Kidd, you can't make KG younger, Deron care, so maybe another coach could. It's not the same but that's the reason why, the coach can go easier than the team.

I don't hate Woodson as a coach but his rotations have gotten horrible and really random. He's married to playing big with Melo/Kmart/Bargs even though we lose every time we start them. Play small, force the tempo for now.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #69
Eric Cartman
Banned
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,170
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

New York Knicks Blame Rankings:

1. Carmelo Anthony - No other superstar would have his team in this position, regardless of the talent around him.

2. Mike Woodson - Guy clearly doesn't know what he is doing out there and frankly it is embarrassing to anyone that enjoys basketball.

Honorable mention: Tyson Chandler's injury - Dude is the backbone of a terrible defense. Without him they are blasphemous.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #70
hawkfan
Banned
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Salt Factory
Posts: 13,167
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
Anyone knows why World Peace is sitting on his butt most of the game?

He needs to retire.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #71
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

If they lose Thursday he'll be fired a few days later. Regardless if they start winning.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #72
hawkfan
Banned
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Salt Factory
Posts: 13,167
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No, but how does one switch the whole roster in a way that doesn't destroy the team for years to come in mid season? It's like the Net fans with Kidd, you can't make KG younger, Deron care, so maybe another coach could. It's not the same but that's the reason why, the coach can go easier than the team.

I don't hate Woodson as a coach but his rotations have gotten horrible and really random. He's married to playing big with Melo/Kmart/Bargs even though we lose every time we start them. Play small, force the tempo for now.

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

1.

Nets get

Rudy Gay

Raptors get

Paul Pierce (expirer)

The Raptors get rid of Gay's contract, buy out Pierce (so he can go to the Clippers and join Doc Rivers).

The Nets get a younger wing in Gay.

2.

Kings get

Kevin Garnett

Nets get

Marcus Thornton
Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nets get another young wing in Thornton, and see if they can get something about Fredette.

The Kings get Garnett, buy him out, and then Garnett goes to Minnesota to finish out his career.

Nets then have:

PG: Williams, Terry, Fredette
SG: Johnson, Thornton
SF: Gay, Anderson
PF: Blatche, Evans
C: Lopez, Plumlee

A far younger, more athletic team.

Last edited by hawkfan : 12-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #73
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

1.

Nets get

Rudy Gay

Raptors get

Paul Pierce (expirer)

The Raptors get rid of Gay's contract, buy out Pierce (so he can go to the Clippers and join Doc Rivers).

The Nets get a younger wing in Gay.

2.

Kings get

Kevin Garnett

Nets get

Marcus Thornton
Jimmer Fredette (expirer)

The Nets get another young wing in Thornton, and see if they can get something about Fredette.

The Kings get Garnett, buy him out, and then Garnett goes to Minnesota to finish out his career.

Nets then have:

PG: Williams, Terry, Fredette
SG: Johnson, Thornton
SF: Gay, Anderson
PF: Blatche, Evans
C: Lopez, Plumlee

A far younger, more athletic team.
That's not a title winning team. That's a mess. With long term salary. Why do the Kings throw in Fredette to help the Nets dump Garnett?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #74
hawkfan
Banned
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Salt Factory
Posts: 13,167
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
That's not a title winning team. That's a mess. With long term salary. Why do the Kings throw in Fredette to help the Nets dump Garnett?

If both Pierce and Garnett retire after this season (which is not out of the question because of health reasons), then they will have to get players on minimum deals.

Pierce and Garnett don't have good trade value at this point.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #75
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
If both Pierce and Garnett retire after this season (which is not out of the question because of health reasons), then they will have to get players on minimum deals.

Pierce and Garnett don't have good trade value at this point.
The problem is King sold Prokorov on these guys and traded their drafts till 2018. If you flip them already to make a team that's also easy to see it's not a contender, he might get fired. I don't see the Celtic fire sale happening.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy