Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Jesus was born March 28th

Christmas is a Roman manufactured pagan scam. All "Christians" who celebrate it as a religious day are unwittingly following a pagan tradition.

Happy Christmas old sports, and pagans!

Default Re: Jesus was born March 28th

Once you starting growing up, shit like this becomes less and less important. Regardless of when Jesus was born, the symbol and intent is all that matters.

I'm an atheist so don't really care either way, but if the Judeo-Christian God does exist, I highly doubt he's going to care about small technicalities like this as long as the celebration and feeling is genuine. So why should you?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

I'm an atheist...but OP is dumb as a brick.

   

jesus was born on whatever day you were born on.

(if you got the memo)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Once you starting growing up, shit like this becomes less and less important. Regardless of when Jesus was born, the symbol and intent is all that matters.

I'm an atheist so don't really care either way, but if the Judeo-Christian God does exist, I highly doubt he's going to care about small technicalities like this as long as the celebration and feeling is genuine. So why should you?
    If the christian-judeo god did exist, he'd be pissed as hell that modern Christianity and Catholicism has basically amounted to idol worship, atleast based on his characterization in the old and new testament. He'd be pretty close to hitting the reset button again aka Great Flood 2.0. The only people who'd survive it are probably the Coptics and hardcore jews.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I agree Alex

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

Christmas is bullshit as a holiday and as a religious celebration. Being compelled to spend time with family, buy and receive masses of crap nobody really needs, eat yourself stupid, and be expected to be cheerful, enthusiastic and helpful IS NOT my idea of a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    If a god exists, it certainly wouldn't care about being worshiped or recognized.
    God can care about what the **** he wants... he's freaking God. He could throw all of us in hell for eternity and laugh at us, and what we gonna do? There's no point in trying to second guess what exactly he wants when none of us are supposedly anywhere near his level.

People make the mistake of thinking that our sane logic has to align with his for any of this to make sense. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    If the christian-judeo god did exist, he'd be pissed as hell that modern Christianity and Catholicism has basically amounted to idol worship, atleast based on his characterization in the old and new testament. He'd be pretty close to hitting the reset button again aka Great Flood 2.0. The only people who'd survive it are probably the Coptics and hardcore jews.
    This is completely true. The early Christians were so fanatical about idolatry that they wouldn't even pay a tithe to the Roman Emperor to save themselves from torture and execution .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Which was my point. Needing that power is entirely human and completely nonsensical to a supreme being.

"I created everything, but I still have insecurity issues"

Really?
    To us some of the stuff God does looks like insecurity. To God though, maybe it's just random whims, like scratching an itch on his ass.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Christmas is bullshit as a holiday and as a religious celebration. Being compelled to spend time with family, buy and receive masses of crap nobody really needs, eat yourself stupid, and be expected to be cheerful, enthusiastic and helpful IS NOT my idea of a good time.
    Either your family sucks or you are doing it wrong or maybe you are just an awful person.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Either your family sucks or you are doing it wrong or maybe you are just an awful person.
    Thanks for proving my point about the compulsory nature of the thing. 'You ENJOY yourself on Christmas dammit or you are just an awful person' - **** off.

This thread again

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Thanks for proving my point about the compulsory nature of the thing. 'You ENJOY yourself on Christmas dammit or you are just an awful person' - **** off.

???

What I meant is that you are meeting with your family, and just hanging together, what could be wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic

???

What I meant is that you are meeting with your family, and just hanging together, what could be wrong about that?
    Because i'd rather be with people i choose to be with rather than those i am compelled to be with. One does not have a choice. Nor do i like compulsory gift-giving: i feel like it defeats the purpose of giving gifts in the first place (thinking someone deserves to have something got for them rather than simply buying gifts and wasting money because of a silly custom). And it's nothing to do with my family, they seem to enjoy Christmas. I just think the whole thing is a stupid waste of time and money.

90% of people would probably dislike me for saying it too, which i think rather adds to my point.