Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: Richardson Checks In

Quote:
First off, its grammar and not grammer.
I know how it's spelled. If you had looked at the entire post you would have been slapped in the face with the amount of sarcasm that it was filled with.

As nice of an addition Foyle would be, (I would start him over Brezec), it looks like he's going to the Magic.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
........As nice of an addition Foyle would be, (I would start him over Brezec), it looks like he's going to the Magic.

So what the he** is his Air Head doing letting these guys slip away????? Are there any serious thoughts about what the mgmt is doing? (Maybe they've been agonizing over finding the right time to water their dying lawns? I doubt it--they probably have underground sprinkler systems installed on timers so they don't have to deal with the real world in the same ways as the rest of us do!!)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #18
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Heh, Foyle isn't anything to bash the organization about. He's slow (couldn't get any burn in GSW...a team badly needing rebounding) and has no offense to speak of. I would also like a bruiser to take some of the heat off of Mek, but unless we cut someone like Harrington (which I'd be all for) there really isn't a roster spot for another big guy anyway.

Felton/Touche'
JRich/Hammer
Crash/Ammo/Dudley
Fabio/May/Davidson/Harrington
Mek/Primoz/Hollins

We extended an offer to Alan Anderson but I've not heard whether he'll take it or not...he's had other offers. I emailed the Gaston Gazette guy (Walker) and he said Derek Anderson's agent and the organization isn't saying anything. Hopefully we get DA back instead as he can do 3rd string at both the 1 & 2.

Last edited by ~spectre~ : 08-15-2007 at 11:15 PM.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....

We offered a deal to Alan freaking Anderson, but not DA??????????? Is MJ on crack????? AA is the guy EVERYONE is expecting to get cut loose....Oh my God....if he gets resigned I'm going to be super pissed.

Also, I'm glad Rich Walker actually responds and replies to his readers unlike Rick. I'm a fan of Rick but God, he doesn't like to be social.

As a side note. We have 13 guaranteed contracts as of right now. McInnis resigning would make 14, but cutting Harrington would keep it at 13.

Hey spec, can you give me Richard's e-mail? I'd like to have a word with him.

Last edited by Timmeh : 08-15-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #20
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Umm, where did you see we might see AA? That would be retarded as would signing DA. There are PLENTY of better players avail than those two, regardless of price.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #21
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
Umm, where did you see we might see AA? That would be retarded as would signing DA. There are PLENTY of better players avail than those two, regardless of price.

Pretty sure Bonnell reported it right before summer league...said we'd made an offer but AA hasn't answered it yet.

How would re-signing Derek Anderson at a vet minimum deal be retarded? We're only 2 deep at both guard positions (assuming Touche' signs) and he shot 43% FG (35% from 3) and 88% FT. He brings experience to the backups when he's in...which I'd have to think wouldn't be a lot...and he's a crafty defender. Who can forget the defensive charge he drew on Kobe last year?

Who available would be better..esp. for 600k?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #22
sirfreshness
I usually hit open layups

^ Dee Brown?
sirfreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #23
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfreshness
^ Dee Brown?

I really like Dee Brown. Did any of you catch (I think) the last game vs. the Jazz and Felton's shot was looking like crap? Heh, I know that's hard to narrow down, but in that particular game Raymond appeared flustered. Dee Brown took him to the side and told him he wasn't keeping his elbow tucked in and that was why his shot wasn't falling. If I remember right Felton's shot started looking a little better right away.

Major class right there.

Wonder how his handles are? If he can get the ball across the timeline he'd probably be my preferred after DA for a guard.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #24
sirfreshness
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I really like Dee Brown. Did any of you catch (I think) the last game vs. the Jazz and Felton's shot was looking like crap? Heh, I know that's hard to narrow down, but in that particular game Raymond appeared flustered. Dee Brown took him to the side and told him he wasn't keeping his elbow tucked in and that was why his shot wasn't falling. If I remember right Felton's shot started looking a little better right away.

Major class right there.

Wonder how his handles are? If he can get the ball across the timeline he'd probably be my preferred after DA for a guard.

The main problem with Brown is that he is small, usually listed at 6" but that is generous. He also needs to work on his consistency with his jumper but he did look good in limited minutes with the Jazz last year. He is a hard worker from everything I have read, he is a good person, and a winner (lost to Felton/May in the title game). I would love to sign him for the backup PG spot.
sirfreshness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: