Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default 4 big men out against the Pistons.

Charlotte Observer:
Quote:
Remember at the start of training camp, when it looked like the Charlotte Bobcats had too many big men?

It won't look that way tonight.

Four big men -- Primoz Brezec (back), Othella Harrington (knee), Melvin Ely (illness) and Jake Voskuhl (illness) -- won't play against the Detroit Pistons, according to coach Bernie Bickerstaff. Two more Bobcats who play some power forward -- Gerald Wallace (sore shoulder) and Sean May (sore knee) will try to play through injuries.

That leaves the Bobcats with just two truly healthy big men -- Emeka Okafor and rookie Ryan Hollins. Both figure to play big minutes tonight against a team with a wealth of centers and power forwards. The Pistons just signed former All-Star Chris Webber, and have Rasheed Wallace, Nazr Mohammed and Antonio McDyess.

Wallace tweaked his separated right shoulder in practice Tuesday, but figures to start tonight. May is also scheduled to play, after missing the past four games with a sore right knee.
This is the one thing that makes Bernie look smart. I don't necessarily like Wallace and May playing with injuries but if they can play they're going to have to. Hollins and Herrmann will probably see more minutes tonight.

Maybe Herrmann will actually score instead of throwing up another 0-5 night.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
JMEWLS

i've never seen Gerald Wallace play at PF.. should be interesting, i dont like how you guys are going to be playing gerald and may through injury though.. but i guess with 4 big men out, your gonna have too. Im expecting emeka to have a big game .
Old 01-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

This one will get ugly tonight.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
liverpooty
Local High School Star

I predict the Bobcats win by 5
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
I predict the Bobcats win by 5

Bold prediction. May I ask what you base that on??
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Inconsistency probably. It wouldn't surprise me if they won tonight, but it would'nt surprise me if they lost.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Ill base my prediction on that I never predict my team to lose, and that the 4 big men -- Primoz Brezec, Othella Harrington, Melvin Ely and Jake Voskuhl arent very big contributors anyway. If it was Wallace Felton and Carroll then I might just tell Bickerstaff to forfeit the game, but its not and unless Okafor gets into huge foul trouble early on which he rarely does than Im not concerned about it, I actually think it works in our favor. When Wallace was at PF last year due to everyone being injured he played extremely well. Sean May is also expected to play tonight and he contributes more than all 4 of them players combined. Ryan Hollins will also get more minutes with them out. I see us playing a much more uptempo game tonight, and although we might get blown out I just wanna see Hollins play 30+ minutes.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: