Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #3346
vapid
Paranoid Android

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticVanilla
Whats the point of that? if an 85 is the highest you can get why do they have 15 more numbers above it that are impossible to receive? Is that where sexual favors for your professor come in play.
Its not impossible to get a 100 in many of the courses, especially the quantiative ones. But at least in my school you would have to be ridiculously brilliant to get close to a 100. (or maybe you had to repeat the year)
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #3347
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
oh ok got u lol. U know the grading system here right? U go to school here? Or went? idk how old u are so i cant tell.

Yeah, I'm 21 and am in college. I was saying on the last page that a 95 isn't uncommon at all here as long as you aren't an idiot. Only problem with papers is they are largely subjective and if you have one of those really opinionated and narrow-minded teachers that thinks one particular way on a subject and you write it another, your grade could be damaged because of their bias. Luckily, I am an Engineering major, sooooooo, no bullshitting math.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:16 AM   #3348
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
so is 70% not a first in the u.s? i appreciate things are inflated over there but 95%!! lets not play down raj's genuis, obviously.... but 95/100? that means it was close to being as good an acedemic achievement as is actually possible. lets say he actually included a couple of sentences of critical analysis- that would give him 100% easily. so 100% on every paper all through your course is pretty much standared? how exactly do people(employers etc) decifer the value of peoples first with hons(whatever equivilant you have) with 100% on all papers....is it purely down to the institution you attend?

raj...you need to start getting your stuff published.

I can't really tell if you're trying to be a dick to him or not, lol. I know you've ripped on him before in this thread. It's not that 95% is common, but it's not like OMFG, I can't believe you got teh 95s. There are plenty of idiots who get in the 70s and below. But to answer your question, no, 70% is not even passing (at the college level) for credit. You didn't "fail" as in get the lowest letter grade you can, but you didn't get the grade you need to in order to get credit for the class, so in a sense, you failed.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #3349
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

Quote:
so is 70% not a first in the u.s? i appreciate things are inflated over there but 95%!! lets not play down raj's genuis, obviously.... but 95/100? that means it was close to being as good an acedemic achievement as is actually possible. lets say he actually included a couple of sentences of critical analysis- that would give him 100% easily. so 100% on every paper all through your course is pretty much standared? how exactly do people(employers etc) decifer the value of peoples first with hons(whatever equivilant you have) with 100% on all papers....is it purely down to the institution you attend?

raj...you need to start getting your stuff published.
It's like Juges said, a lot of grading is subjective so if you agree or pander to your teachers tastes you can get good grades.

A 95% generally means you had a good to great paper where you explained your points almost perfectly and had little to no grammatical errors.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #3350
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

aite thats better!

sweet jeesus, this is incredible.

you have 'quizzes' for grades?

i see on citizen kane you achieved 110 out of 100, that is pretty serious knowledge. mind you, that is not that suprising considering your citizen kane review.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #3351
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Yea UK the grading system is very different here. Its like very easy here. School wise. Like in HS in most classes if u do the work and everything you're gonna pass the class guaranteed. Maybe even with a B or A depending on your teacher. In college, it depends on your professor, and what college u attend. Like at a real university its very hard, like at UH or UT, ,etc...but I go to a community college and its very easy at this community college.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #3352
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
I can't really tell if you're trying to be a dick to him or not, lol. I know you've ripped on him before in this thread. It's not that 95% is common, but it's not like OMFG, I can't believe you got teh 95s. There are plenty of idiots who get in the 70s and below. But to answer your question, no, 70% is not even passing (at the college level) for credit. You didn't "fail" as in get the lowest letter grade you can, but you didn't get the grade you need to in order to get credit for the class, so in a sense, you failed.
wait wait wait hold up. not here bro...here in the community college I go to. A 70 is a C and u need a C to transfer the credit. So if u get a 69 thats a D, and so for the community college u would pass with a 69 but if you're transferring to a 4 year college like me, then you failed cuz it wouldn't transfer.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #3353
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
I am 80% sure ukplayer is pulling a lamar doom.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #3354
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
So Raj is some sort of film genius now? Wow. It's amazing, not too long ago he was giving "Hitch" a 10/10 and asking people what was so great about Eternal Sunshine, now people are telling him he should get published.

It's like Bizarro World.
bro he's being sarcastic...
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #3355
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
So Raj is some sort of film genius now? Wow. It's amazing, not too long ago he was giving "Hitch" a 10/10 and asking people what was so great about Eternal Sunshine, now people are telling him he should get published.

It's like Bizarro World.

where have you been shannon, raj has come along way. clearly you havent been keeping up. tut tut.

raj, what went wrong in cinematography? do you happen to have any access to your papers- quizzes etc, like past questions etc....

good job on the screen shot thoe, i shouldnt have doubted.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 AM   #3356
jody
Decent playground baller

how to train your dragon.

i give it a 9. it was awesome.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 AM   #3357
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
where have you been shannon, raj has come along way. clearly you havent been keeping up. tut tut.

raj, what went wrong in cinematography? do you happen to have any access to your papers- quizzes etc, like past questions etc....

good job on the screen shot thoe, i shouldnt have doubted.
bro...i posted the critique on here...and quizes nah i dont...oh btw this is an online class. so the quizes lock as soon as u take them.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #3358
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

the last time i ripped on, or even disgareed with raj must have been way back, over law abiding citizen or something....

for quite a while now hes been posting the long reviews, which i get far more enjoyment out of then his quick ones. i just think you cant really get into the meat with a short review(i know im guilty of it thoe).
Old 04-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #3359
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
wait wait wait hold up. not here bro...here in the community college I go to. A 70 is a C and u need a C to transfer the credit. So if u get a 69 thats a D, and so for the community college u would pass with a 69 but if you're transferring to a 4 year college like me, then you failed cuz it wouldn't transfer.

Well, my school gives minuses and just recently started giving pluses, BUT it is up to the teacher whether or not to actually use +/- as a lot choose to just got with Straight A-F. So it depends, but the majority of my teachers use +/-, so you need at least a 74 (C) to get credit for it towards your major. Anything <74 you don't get credit. And in some of my upper-level engineering classes, I need a B or B+ to get credit for it towards my major. Not that I strive for Cs anyways lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #3360
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
the last time i ripped on, or even disgareed with raj must have been way back, over law abiding citizen or something....

for quite a while now hes been posting the long reviews, which i get far more enjoyment out of then his quick ones. i just think you cant really get into the meat with a short review(i know im guilty of it thoe).
I know you're being sarcastic bro..I just know for sure, guaranteed. I'll bet anything that you are.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: