Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #3436
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
You didn't get it? (No offense)

If you really need some help grasping it, PM me haha.

'Moon' was sooo good. I loved Rockwell's performance and the soundtrack was impressive. Also, I always have respect for a film that has limited funding but that makes up for it with pure creativity.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #3437
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Ninja Assassin. 5/10. story was dumb but had some neat fight moments. LOTS of gore.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #3438
Fatal9
owwwww

going to watch a movie for the first time in nearly 2 months tonight . just can't decide which one yet.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #3439
AznTacoLover
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway

Rushmore. directed by wes anderson. starring jason schwartzman, bill murray.
man what a great movie. its so refreshing to see a movie like this that's so original and so creative. anderson does an excellent job directing and the music just fits so perfectly. schwartzman was phenomenal as well as was murray. watch this movie pronto, very enjoyable.

9/10

Ohh, I just remembered the movie poster was on my teachers wall, I'm most def going to check this out.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #3440
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Rockwell has been one of my favorites since he did a quest spot on Stella (comedy show with Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Davod Wain).

You should check out Gentlemen Broncos. It just came out on dvd and Rockwell plays this fictional sci-fi character Bronco. It's incredibly hilarious. He's not the main character FYI, maybe 15 minutes of screen time throughout... Still a very funny movie in my opinion.

Thanks Ill keep that movie in mind. I just downloaded Choke with him in it. I read the novel and loved it, so I'm interested to see what kind of film they created out of Chuck Palahniuk's insanity.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #3441
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

Great murder mystery type movie with a lot more than just the main story line going on. Has some good twists and turns. Overall a very good movie. 87/100

I like just about any good world war 2 movie. Shout out to shannon for mentioning this in a thread, not sure if it was this one. 85/100

Last edited by IlliniFan : 04-15-2010 at 12:04 AM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #3442
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I finally watched this and its good that I went in with little expectations. Sure it wasn't a masterpiece or as good as most recent superhero movies but it was a little more difficult becuase Iron Man, Batman, and others have established stories and villians. I was still pretty entertained by the movie. I laughed out loud at a couple of part because Will Smith is such a bastard in this movie. The ending kinda sucked but I was still entertained the whole time. It was only 90 minutes too which was good because it didn't last longer than it could keep my attention. I'll give it a 6.7/10.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #3443
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

Quote:
Rockwell has been one of my favorites since he did a quest spot on Stella (comedy show with Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Davod Wain).
STELLA

I was pissed when they canceled it.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #3444
thebirdman
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

no one saw kick-ass? well anyway while was i checking the wikipedia page to see the revenue i read the daily mail review, i know this is exactly what everyone expected but i'll post the quote anyway-

-Christopher Tookey (f@g) of The Daily Mail warned "Don't be fooled by the hype: This crime against cinema is twisted, cynical, and revels in the abuse of childhood"
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #3445
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebirdman
no one saw kick-ass? well anyway while was i checking the wikipedia page to see the revenue i read the daily mail review, i know this is exactly what everyone expected but i'll post the quote anyway-

-Christopher Tookey (f@g) of The Daily Mail warned "Don't be fooled by the hype: This crime against cinema is twisted, cynical, and revels in the abuse of childhood"

you have to laugh at the daily mail, every time they review something they have to justify their utter ineptitude of artistic appreciation by starting everything with "dont be fooled by". or something similar. the daily mail critics are ****ing morons, the worst in the country by far. they hate everything good and love everything shyt. you could look up the consensus greatets films of the decade and they slated most of them- usually it has to do with something that is even remotely violent/sexual or about the working classes, anything that offends their fake middle class values. the daily mail is for people that aspire to be middle class, its actually a tabloid rag but it hides behind middle calls values.
i remmeber when antichrist was at cannes, one of the daily mail critics attacked lars demanding that he justify the film. and then when a different daily mail critic wrote a 'review' on antichrist he called for it to be banned even thoe HE ADMITED HE HADNT SEEN IT! his actual words were "im a broad minded person, but i dont need to see this film to know it should be banned" what a ****ing retard, he went on to blame the e.u for the films funding and connected it through some fabricated assumptions. im pretty right wing and obviously elitist when it comes to film but the daily mail is a farce and disgrace.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #3446
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan

Great murder mystery type movie with a lot more than just the main story line going on. Has some good twists and turns. Overall a very good movie. 87/100

glad someone else has finally seen it. very under appreciated. this and phillip morris are the best two films of the year so far imo.

the film im looking forward to is i am love with tilda swinton.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #3447
Chan ho nam
Banned

SLC Punk - 8/10 - funny movie about punks in SLC

Chungking Express - 8/10 - great movie about two lonely cops in HK, directed by Wong Kai War, very stylistic and colorful to watch

After Hours - 7.5/10 - very eerie yet lighthearted tale of an all nighter in Soho, directed by Scorcese

Life - 8/10 - hilarious duo Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence sent to prison accidentally and spending decades trying to break out

Harlem Nights - 7/10 - more of a crime drama than a comedy but had its moments, if you like Eddie and Richard Pryor, watch it
Chan ho nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3448
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Saw The Graduate last night and thought it was really good to be honest. At first, I thought it was boring, like the beginning half was boring, but as it went on it got better and overall the story/plot were great. Dustin Hoffman did a great job in his first film! The editing was great. Only thing I didn't understand was idk how it is a comedy? Like there wasn't anything funny to me in that movie, I didnt laugh at one point, I thought it was a serious movie rather than a comedy. But like I said, overall great movie! I'll give

The Graduate - 9/10
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #3449
knobs
Decent playground baller

first half is golden man! hoffman at his graduation party really embodies that nervous/annoyed role.

"i got one word for you: plastics"

knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #3450
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I saw The Graduate for the first time a few months ago too and loved it. Every time I hear The Sound of Silence now I think of it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: