Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
k-vil
It's Time!

Default Doug Collins on Yi

Doug Collins on Yi:
“Where is Yi?” … “Where is Yi?” … “Where is Yi?”

(Yao Ming fouls out trying to stop Pau Gasol from scoring underneath)

“This is where with Yi not playing well…Yi should be able to play with Pau Gasol so Yao doesn’t even have to be on him in that situation. Yi’s lack of production has really hurt his team today. I mean, Wang Zhi Zhi has played the best I have seen him play in four years. Yi has not given them what they needed today in a game with that big Spanish frontline. They need some help.”

I just noticed during the game against Spain Yi was not given much attention on offense.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Doug Collins on Yi

When I first heard abiout the Yi-Jefferson trade I was dissapointed, 1 week later I was happy, because I thought he would be great for us, but now seeing these 2 last games, I am starting to think, will Yi bring anything to the table?
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Yeah, Im dissapointed in Yi also, I thought the RJ trade was a good one. But the last 2 games has really dissapointed me. Yao is the only one doing anything in Team China. Everyone else is bricking 3's most of the time. You can have Yao just carry for you expecially against teams like Spain, Argintina, Greece. I didnt say USA because I believe they are a lock for Gold this year.

But FIBA and NBA are totally different. Plus teams view Yi as the second best player on the team so he gets attention. When he comes to NJ, hes not gonna get any attention, it all goes to Carter. Which means Yi will be open, all he has to do is knock down his shots(similar to how Krstic became a great player before his knee injury). I still believe this is a good trade and Yi will mature, keep in mind hes only 21.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

im scared for this trade.... i just think is in a slump, i mean he isnt playing for Milwaukee, he is playing for the Country of China.... I hope he can play better, with VC and Devin maybe simmons... I really hope
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
gigantes
   

you guys worry a lot.

for one thing, the olympics are unlike the NBA in a number of ways and success at one does not necessarily equate to success at the other. for another, a poor showing can sometimes be just what's needed in order to help a player improve. last and most important, yi still has a long ways to go in development, so as long as he has the skillset, good attitude, good work ethic and good coaching then he should be fine.

that said, it is entirely possible that yi will never be a good player as an NBA starter. but we're not going to know for sure until at least a year or two has passed. so it's premature to worry IMO and premature to pick apart his performances at this point in time.

what this really comes down to is jefferson and the jefferson trade, not yi. because yi is just a fairly standard first-round gamble, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. as for the trade, it's probably one of those rare times when thorn didn't quite get equal value. so you can legitimately complain about that, except it's over and done with now. as for jefferson, we all loved him but he had to go. his salary didn't make sense for us, he was turning into a selfish player, and he never did work that well with carter.

so my two points are, don't make the mistake of judging yi's value against jefferson's and don't be too hard on yi for the time being. there'll be plenty of time for that later. :P
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

^cmon... you arent a little worried? Im sure there was other trade out there for RJ
Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
gigantes
   

i thought i already covered that when i said that thorn could have made a little better trade.

so what is there to be worried about at this point?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

^Well, How he is going to fair in a bigger market? We already see he is struggling in China... China town is right across the River...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #9
taibien86
I usually hit open layups

it sucks that yi sucks
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #10
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
^Well, How he is going to fair in a bigger market?
already addressed that, ie apples and oranges.

"fare", btw.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

^ i hope so
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
k-vil
It's Time!

Honestly when the team traded RJ i have this unknown feeling. A feeling of happiness and excitement and i was also worried. I felt excited because its a new team now, it's time for VC to shine and lead this team. He will be given this opportunity to shut VC-haters' mouth! I feel worried because RJ is a rare kind of player, he does everything on the court except for last season because he is more focused on scoring. But at the end of the day, i realized that one has to go between VC and RJ and i much prefered VC to stay. On yi's poor performance, i don't think he will be bad come next season. He will get his points from VC and Harris for sure on a pick and pop and great passes.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Yi has no street hunger. he is obviously talented and athletic, but it seems he is more concerned about living the good life under the big lights than anything else
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #14
gigantes
   

NF93, that's an awesome avatar you have right now of VC looking back over his shoulder.

keep that one for a million years.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
NF93, that's an awesome avatar you have right now of VC looking back over his shoulder.

keep that one for a million years.

That is an awsome avatar. Good Job.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: