Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Default Swat for Nate Robinson?

Quote:
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2008/08...williams-swap/

A source close to the Nets front office told TKB that the team would most definately accept a Knicks offer of Nate Robinson in exchange for forward Sean Williams.

With a rather thin backcourt consisting of Devon Harris, Trenton Hassell and Keyon Dooling, along with rookie Chris Douglas Roberts, the Nets would welcome the explosive 5′7 scoring sparkplug, however a phone call from Donnie Walsh has yet to be made.

It’s a deal that makes sense for both teams. Williams, the troubled former BC product, is the shot blocking presense that Walsh covets. In his rookie season, despite garnering only 17 minutes per game, the 6′10 Williams racked up 106 blocks. However, his attitude apparently caused him to sit in coach Lawrence Frank’s doghouse, limiting his minutes towards the end of the season.

Attitude is something that the Knicks want nothing to do with, of course, and Williams is not a perimeter threat, something that Mike D’Antoni loves in his big men. But he can finish in transition as well as keep possessions alive with his active offensive rebounding ability.

His potential and athleticism, along with his defensive prowess, would fit a huge need for the Knicks. Should Eddy Curry show up out of shape and get under the skin of D’Antoni, a frontcourt rotation of Williams, Zach Randolph (who’s not going to Memphis) and David Lee, would be an instant upgrade.

Robinson is a fan favorite, who many are excited to see in D’Antoni’s gun-slinging offense. But, when considering he doesn’t really have a position and is a free agent at season’s end, it would appear that Williams would be great bounty in return.

Williams would also provide insurance should the Knicks decide to trade Lee instead of signing him to the long term expensive contract that he is sure to attract on the open market.

Earlier in the season Williams was a key cog in Frank’s rotation, and when you consider the eight games he played over 30 minutes this season his averages were impressive: 11 points 8 rebounds and 3.75 blocks.

The Knicks finished dead-last in blocks-per-game last year, and knowing Donnie Walsh’s desire to have someone defend the hoop, Williams would be an ideal fit.

All he has to do is make the call.
wat do you all think?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
k-vil
It's Time!

Default Re: Swat for Nate Robinson?

We are giving to much here... SWAT is a good player for us, he is athletic for his size. He might be KG in the making.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
flyboi1121
Not airballing my layups anymore

how good is nate's defense? i've seen him play a few times when they play the nets and i kno the guy has ups and i've seen him hustle (which probably means he can play d) but does he?

i wouldn't mind losing swat for someone good cuz swat got a lot of blocks but then the teams figured him out and they were able to draw fouls on him. he doesn't seem to have a great basketball IQ either.. just athletic.
flyboi1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
iDunk
NBA lottery pick

Keep Sean Williams for another season, see what he turns out to be. If he develops a decent post up game keep him. Or if he doesn't average 11 PTS/ 6 RPG/ 2 BPG or more trade him off. Sean should loose his attitude as well. But I like him as a player a lot and his defensive presence brings a lot to this team.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Well, we are trying to ship swat. why not get a nice pg like nate robinson
Quote:
Position G
DOB May 31, 1984
College Washington
Height 5'9"
Weight 180
Years Pro 3
PPG 12.7
RPG 3.10
APG 2.9
EFF 9.15
he also expires
Nate>Swat imo
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Woo Hoo I Would Love This To Go Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
iDunk
NBA lottery pick

Why is everyone wanting this to go down?

When Sean got 25+ minutes he gave us 10 points/5 rebounds/3 blocks. That's a lot. Just cause he had attitude problems at the end of the season and he didn't get played doesn't mean we should just trade him. He can always loose his attitude and get a post game and average 17 points/8 rebounds/3.5 blocks which is amazing. He can become a Andrei Kirilenko type of player, so stop encouraging deals to give him away for 5'11 bench players.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
rknine15
Buckets Baby

hmmm when did Sean have attitude problems at the end of the season?

btw if this trade goes down the Nets with seriously regret it
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

We already have a lot of PF and Centers. We need more shooters, and Nate's 12 PPG can help us in that area.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

^exactly there is way to many nets fans that overrate Sean
imo
Ryan Anderson is better than Sean Williams
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
the 6′10 Williams

more like 6'8.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
k-vil
It's Time!

IMO, we can get more if we wanna trade Sean.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^exactly there is way to many nets fans that overrate Sean
imo
Ryan Anderson is better than Sean Williams"

Sean isn't over rated...he's underrated and coaches like Frank don't see his potential. How can you dominate if you don't play? And when you play you put up nice numbers? as a rookie? come on...the kid needs playing time. I would have an attitude problem too if FRANK didn't play me and i had all that talent. THat's Bull! I say keep him for a year, play him, and see what he can really do...he has the atheticsm of a young vince carter and the blocking ability of a marcus camby...why would you not want that. He just needs some direction from the vets to give him bball IQ.

I like Nate Robinson, but do we really need him right now? you got harris and dooling
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
mastergc1985
Saw a basketball once

wow that would 100% suck we would be the worst team in the elague if we did this trade becuase imagine who would o better swat vs the ents and nate vs the knicks first nate would be the 3rd or 2nd pg and proll the 3rd sg and swat vs the ents he would swatbrooke he would swat ryan anderson he would swat boone and anyone else please rod thron dont do this pleassssssse
mastergc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

HELL NO

SWAT >>>>>>> Nate Rob

Trade Boone
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: