Local High School Star

Default Comcast wants me to return inactive equipment??

Why do they care if I am being charged for it? lol

Return your unused equipment today.
    See our no-contact return options.

You currently have one or more Xfinity modems in your home that you have not been using for a few months, and we’re asking you to return them.

You can find serial numbers on the back of the modems. The serial numbers for the inactive equipment in your home are as follows:

Default Re: Comcast wants me to return inactive equipment??

never use ISP modems/routers if you can, they bottleneck the shit out of your web speed and govern your bandwidth

you'll notice a big difference just buying a 3rd party decent one off amazon, just make sure you never tell your provider your aren't using theirs because most won't give you troubleshoot service if it's not their stuff

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

give them their modem back, it's not yours to keep. i'll have welfareman call the police

you're only leasing their equipment, bra.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    give them their modem back, it's not yours to keep. i'll have welfareman call the police
    Their office is not even open. They talking going to some ****ing UPS store

How to return

We want to make equipment returns as easy as possible during this uncertain time. We understand you may not be able to leave your home, so many of our return options are no-contact.

To get started, go to The UPS Store, where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us.

Please do this as soon as you can to avoid any additional unreturned equipment fees. If you have any questions, visit Xfinity My Account.

If you have already returned your equipment, you can disregard this message.[/B]

They're actually doing you a favor, unless you want to continue to be charged for equipment you're no longer using. If you've had a leasing agreement with your ISP that has lasted anywhere near 2 years, you've likely already paid for the router in full or close to it with your monthly fees.

Incidentally, don't lease equipment from ISPs moving forward. Buy your own ISP-compatible router. It will save you money in the long run.