Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default What bike are you riding?

Weather you are a roadie or extreme full suspension guy, what are you riding on? I just got this to commute / workout 7 miles to and from work plus some weekend trails.

Default Re: What bike are you riding?

I rock a Shinola

Only $3,000.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Yours.

NBA Superstar

I ride a terrible bike. But the good news is I've never really rode a good bike so I don't know the difference very well. I kind of figure if my bike is terrible, it'll likely just mean I get a better work out for the distance I travel. I don't know if that makes sense but it sounds good.

I'm looking to purchase a moderately priced mountain bike but unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about bikes, so it's tough for me to pull the trigger on anything in particular.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fawker
    Weather you are a roadie or extreme full suspension guy, what are you riding on? I just got this to commute / workout 7 miles to and from work plus some weekend trails.
    That thing to commute?

damn. Slow as hell.

I bet it kicks ass on the trails though.

Banned

When you commute, do you ride on the sidewalk or road?

Banned

This but an older style I believe. I forget the exact model but it's a Specialized.

I also have an original Schwinn Varsity with white grips. Looks like a damn hipster bike but fast as hell with suicide shifters. Not my picture but my bike with white wraps.

Bought from an old retired man that decided to open a bike shop. The frame is too small for me so I may just have in the living room for decor purposes. Mine looks better. Hope to post pics of it later.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I ride a terrible bike. But the good news is I've never really rode a good bike so I don't know the difference very well. I kind of figure if my bike is terrible, it'll likely just mean I get a better work out for the distance I travel. I don't know if that makes sense but it sounds good.

I'm looking to purchase a moderately priced mountain bike but unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about bikes, so it's tough for me to pull the trigger on anything in particular.
    How much looking to spend? $1000 to $1500? Commuter or recreational?

If it's a commuter any old bike with thin road tires would do.

If you want it for fitness and activity, there are many to choose from. I just have many bikes for different purposes.

Plus a nice bike on the roof of a BMW M3 doesn't look bad either.

My favorite brand. I love the vintage pieces from them. For those that are "in the know".

Last edited by 9erempiree; 10-14-2013 at 09:21 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    How much looking to spend? $1000 to $1500? Commuter or recreational?

If it's a commuter any old bike with thin road tires would do.

If you want it for fitness and activity, there are many to choose from.
    I'm looking at a bike for recreation. As such, I cannot envision spending $1000-$1500. As someone who is not a biking junkie, I do not feel I am in need of anything really incredible (or even partly incredible, as I understand prices can far exceed $1500). I'm kind of like the guy who enjoys basketball but only really cares about getting shoes that will move him on the court, hence never leading him to buy anything above $50 from MC Sports, if that makes sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm looking at a bike for recreation. As such, I cannot envision spending $1000-$1500. As someone who is not a biking junkie, I do not feel I am in need of anything really incredible (or even partly incredible, as I understand prices can far exceed $1500). I'm kind of like the guy who enjoys basketball but only really cares about getting shoes that will move him on the court, hence never leading him to buy anything above $50 from MC Sports, if that makes sense.
    You probably have to go down to your local bike shop then.

For you anything will do, just don't get those beach cruisers, even the ones with gears.

They are heavy and slow. Your best bet is a decent mountain bike because of their versatility, since you don't need it to commute.

I like to just get on a bike and workout and ride miles. Makes you feel like a kid again and keeps me youthful.

anyone else doing the ms150 this year?

Yeah, if you have a local bike shop, they usually have several tiers of pricing. Every brand has a few bikes in those ranges. The bike brands usually use the same parts from Shimano....like how different PCs use the same parts inside. If you don't ride a lot, you probably won't need/notice the difference. Don't try any bike outside of your price range and remember you might need extra money for a lock, helmet etc.

2001 Trek 9.8 with carbon frame. Nice bike, light and fast...looking to up grade to a 2013 trek 9.8 next summer.

   

i have a breezer ziggy for riding outdoors.

problem is, it's too much of a target for locking up somewhere,
    so i have to be around it all the time. for indoors, i have an old
    hybrid set up on a bike trainer for aerobic exercise.

Banned

I may just get a mountain bike next summer. There's a ski park here that turns into a trail during the summers. Pretty damn intense ride downhill. No cliffs or ledges but damn scary going down it.

I wanted to run it this year but due to limited funds I didn't do it. To later find out I didn't need my own bike because they rent them too.