Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Thabeet is not that versatile as a player. Defensively he's great, offensively, he sometimes struggles against college guys, despite being a good 6 or so inches taller than then majority of other players at the center position. At the NBA level, he's really going to struggle offensively. He doesn't have much bulk and can look extremely slow out there. Thabeet's pontential is in his rebounding and defense.

Gasol on the other hand is a solid player on both ends of the court. Another year or two and he'll be putting up atleast, 15/8 consistently.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

So out of all the free agent power fowards I'm hoping we can sign either Paul Millsap, David Lee or Leon Powe.
    Last edited by jailer; 04-05-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Thabeet is not that versatile as a player. Defensively he's great, offensively, he sometimes struggles against college guys, despite being a good 6 or so inches taller than then majority of other players at the center position. At the NBA level, he's really going to struggle offensively. He doesn't have much bulk and can look extremely slow out there. Thabeet's pontential is in his rebounding and defense.

Gasol on the other hand is a solid player on both ends of the court. Another year or two and he'll be putting up atleast, 15/8 consistently.
    The difference is that thabeet likes playing defense he takes pride in getting boards and blocking shots. That gets him going. He is a dominant defensive presence. Gasol will never be that guy. Marc has alot of hustle but that dosent hide the face that he has very little athleticism, he gets beat off the dribble to much. Hasheem dosent demand the ball like darko does every time down the floor. And he is not a blackhole like darko either. Im just saying I wouldnt be mad if we draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    So out of all the free agent power fowards I'm hoping we can sign either Paul Millsap, David Lee or Leon Powe.
    I would love to get lee or milsap.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    The difference is that thabeet likes playing defense he takes pride in getting boards and blocking shots. That gets him going. He is a dominant defensive presence. Gasol will never be that guy. Marc has alot of hustle but that dosent hide the face that he has very little athleticism, he gets beat off the dribble to much. Hasheem dosent demand the ball like darko does every time down the floor. And he is not a blackhole like darko either. Im just saying I wouldnt be mad if we draft him.
    if Marc is a bad defensive Center, then there is no good defensive center in all damn league.

I am Chris Wilcox

I wouldn't mind getting him either, but if we do draft him, we better look to get a better offensive PF. Arthur is close to useless, though I can't help but like him, and Hak is way too inconsistent to be any kind of threat.

Banned

You cant sign sessions. He will want to start. You have conley for that now that he has proven that he is capable of playing at a high level.

I done see why thabeet and gasol couldnt play together at our center spots. Gasol is a great backup at best. He is nice to start now but we need a center with mor versatility and potential. I agree that marc has been some nice games together as of late but I dont know how much better he can get.
    wut?

Marc Gasol has impressed in just 1 season in the NBA, the potential for him is to develop into a Top 5 C in the NBA.

Banned

I would love to get lee or milsap.
    I would actually rather get Boozer but he wont consider us.

But I would rather have Milsap considering he rebounds well and is more capable of putting up points and he might enjoy Memphis instead of laugh at playing here.

Mike Conley has changed my impression, I'm glad he is coming into his own but he needs to cut down on his overdribbling,work on his outside shot,and develop into a better penetrator to the basket.

Learning to shoot layups

i dont know who we should get with our first pick but we need a backup point guard.lester hudson will be a great pick.good shooter,defender,rebounder and hes from memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    if Marc is a bad defensive Center, then there is no good defensive center in all damn league.
    Stop thinking like a homer and stop being defensive. Mark tries to play defense. He is not a bad defensive presence but he is not nearly as good as hasheem. And if your saying that marc is the best center in the league then I am done trying to tell you my opinion. Cause it would be quite obvious that you dont know what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I would actually rather get Boozer but he wont consider us.

But I would rather have Milsap considering he rebounds well and is more capable of putting up points and he might enjoy Memphis instead of laugh at playing here.

Mike Conley has changed my impression, I'm glad he is coming into his own but he needs to cut down on his overdribbling,work on his outside shot,and develop into a better penetrator to the basket.
    I like boozer as well. But he is 28 and wants a max deal. He is not worth a max deal imo. He is injured to often and will be in his early thirties before you know it. Maybe if he was 26 I would throw the boat at him.

Learning to shoot layups

boozer probably would have the same effect brand had on the sixers bosh would be a good fit

I rule the local playground

Stop thinking like a homer and stop being defensive. Mark tries to play defense. He is not a bad defensive presence but he is not nearly as good as hasheem. And if your saying that marc is the best center in the league then I am done trying to tell you my opinion. Cause it would be quite obvious that you dont know what your talking about.
    It's you who says a guy who hasn't played a single NBA game would be a better defender than a guy who has played some nice defense his rookie year, has played with professionals several years and has much upside if he receives the touches he needs; and you forget he is 6-7 in a great rookie promotion.

Sorry, but it's you who is thinking like a homer rigth now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by derf
    i dont know who we should get with our first pick but we need a backup point guard.lester hudson will be a great pick.good shooter,defender,rebounder and hes from memphis.
    Lester Hudson is a 2nd Round sleeper.

He struggled in the pre draft camps,showed average athleticism,and the fact he is already 25 wont help him get into the 1st Round.

Lester actually is older than LeBron James.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Lester Hudson is a 2nd Round sleeper.

He struggled in the pre draft camps,showed average athleticism,and the fact he is already 25 wont help him get into the 1st Round.

Lester actually is older than LeBron James.
    He's second in the nation in scoring right, because we can use another scorer coming off of the bench.