Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Default Re: How do some people study for 6+ hours a day?

Theyre Asian

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Myth. I just graduated at the top of my class - 3.97 (Masters of Accountancy). There is no reason to ever study that much. Possibly with projects etc it may come out to 4 hours a day max. As long as you get in a concentrated two hours a day tho it should not need to be that much. People confuse quality study time with quantity of time spent studying.
    you are the exception then.

Most people need to study alot come finals time.(in order to do well)

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    you are the exception then.

Most people need to study alot come finals time.(in order to do well)
    He did accountancy .

If you study a proper subject then there is no limit of material to familiarise yourself with, even if the actual degree courses are easy enough to pass or do well in without expending much effort. That is just a sign of declining academic standards really. But if you go to uni and only study the material you are directly taught then you are doing something wrong imo (or don't really belong there).

For me it's a reward system. Study for 1 hour then relax for an hour and have a treat. Or just take an adderall.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Motivation to succeed.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    He did accountancy .

If you study a proper subject then there is no limit of material to familiarise yourself with, even if the actual degree courses are easy enough to pass or do well in without expending much effort. That is just a sign of declining academic standards really. But if you go to uni and only study the material you are directly taught then you are doing something wrong imo (or don't really belong there).
    and this.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    It's a myth in any field. You can only speak to your experience. Possibly you're just not as good at it? My best friend got his law degree at Case Western and I guarantee he was not doing anything near 4 hours a day.

That being said you should define "studying." Science graduate students are paid to work 40 hour weeks while registered. I guess one might call that studying, but I'm sure as hell not reading books to remember theories for oral or written examinations 6 hours a day.

Either way, those are not very healthy habits. Much better to spend less time more consistently than trying to cram several hours a day for a 1-2 week period in preparation for some type of exam. And that goes for nearly any skill you're trying to develop.

I'm happy you could put your two cents in on something you really know nothing about. Shame on me for my "unhealthy habits" of putting some old fashioned hard work in. I'm glad that I now know that studying hard = you're stupid.

Law isn't science. There is no real right answer. It's completely subjective on top of everybody being graded against each other. Those that don't put the time in simply don't do as well.

The bar is a 3 day marathon that covers 12 practice areas. You get one shot, and if you fail, you are f*cked for the next 6 months. You can't practice without passing and nobody wants to hire somebody that failed. Failure is a sign that you f*cked around instead of putting your hours in. Smart people don't chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Motivation
    that

5-time NBA All-Star

JEFFERSON MONEY'S FREE STUDY TIPS FOR THE WORLD AFTER YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY AND FINALLY ... EXCELLENCE

Pre study routine (30 to 40 minutes of cardiovascular exercise with a green smoothie)

Study Session 1 (30 minutes)
    Prime yourself to understand why you seek the material.
    For each major key term sentence or concept digested, encode a movie scene with all senses which illustrate or perfectly.
    If you are able to analogous the systematic relationship between a train of thought and another one. .. then quickly link then (this is stored in your hippocampus loop)
    Create a story which anthromorphizes the ideas or makes it into a rap in an effective poignant way.

Brisk walk for five minutes

REPEAT.

REPEAT until 1 hour ends in your designated study time.

An hour to the end of your stay recap.

Then formulate it into questions and answer them.

NOW PLAY

GO TO SLEEP WITH THE STORY OR SONG YOU MADE AND DO IT IN THE MORNING.

GOOD LUCK.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Taking 10 minute breaks every hour at the hour is a must. Stand up, stretch, walk around...stay away from electronics. Proper fueling is also key...none of that red bull, monster, sugar/caffeine binging either. Black coffee(some creamer is ok), lots of water and proper snacks (pb&j on whole grain, protein bars, fruits, salads, nuts, etc.) large meals will make you tired, save that for when you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    JEFFERSON MONEY'S FREE STUDY TIPS FOR THE WORLD AFTER YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY AND FINALLY ... EXCELLENCE

Pre study routine (30 to 40 minutes of cardiovascular exercise with a green smoothie)

Study Session 1 (30 minutes)
    Prime yourself to understand why you seek the material.
    For each major key term sentence or concept digested, encode a movie scene with all senses which illustrate or perfectly.
    If you are able to analogous the systematic relationship between a train of thought and another one. .. then quickly link then (this is stored in your hippocampus loop)
    Create a story which anthromorphizes the ideas or makes it into a rap in an effective poignant way.

Brisk walk for five minutes

REPEAT.

REPEAT until 1 hour ends in your designated study time.

An hour to the end of your stay recap.

Then formulate it into questions and answer them.

NOW PLAY

GO TO SLEEP WITH THE STORY OR SONG YOU MADE AND DO IT IN THE MORNING.

GOOD LUCK.
    Legit... I do mantras every night to help me dream... no reason I couldn't do the same thing with the visual story on replay until I go to sleep. Good call

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I'm happy you could put your two cents in on something you really know nothing about. Shame on me for my "unhealthy habits" of putting some old fashioned hard work in. I'm glad that I now know that studying hard = you're stupid.

Law isn't science. There is no real right answer. It's completely subjective on top of everybody being graded against each other. Those that don't put the time in simply don't do as well.

The bar is a 3 day marathon that covers 12 practice areas. You get one shot, and if you fail, you are f*cked for the next 6 months. You can't practice without passing and nobody wants to hire somebody that failed. Failure is a sign that you f*cked around instead of putting your hours in. Smart people don't chance it.
    Actually I know quite a bit about it. I myself have been a natural science grad student many years, and I lived with and have been best friends with a Case student for many many years.

The only person bullshitting certainties on study habits, was you.

If you had to study for hours on end through law school and the bar, well, congratulations, but as I stated, that's only your experience and you should probably draw back on the hyperbole.

A lot of people I know who put in really crazy study hours did it more out of anxiety than anything else.

Control, control, you must learn control!

Decent playground baller Ratnik's Avatar

Maaaan i cant even study for 30 minutes straight. Goddamn im gonna fail this year

Quote Originally Posted by Ratnik
    Maaaan i cant even study for 30 minutes straight. Goddamn im gonna fail this year
    When it's the night before and failure is certain, your adrenaline will power you through a ten hour cram session.