Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Bale was really nothing special at all. And his voice was downright cringe worthy at times
    This. Michael Keaton was the best live action Batman to date and Kevin Conroy was the best voice. I was hoping they would go with Josh Brolin, he would've killed it as a more older, grizzled DKR type Batman. But I think they wanted Affleck's services behind the camera for the Justice League film(s) and this was part of that deal (pure speculation by myself, but makes sense when looking at the whole situation and WB's future plans).

I think the Superman vs Batman movie will be a complete disaster. If it does well at the box office and WB goes forward with a JL movie starring and directed by Affleck, it might be worth it long term.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Guy Peirce is too much like Val Kilmer, who was a flop
    Kilmer was not a flop. That movie was well received both financially and critically.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    This. Michael Keaton was the best live action Batman to date and Kevin Conroy was the best voice. I was hoping they would go with Josh Brolin, he would've killed it as a more older, grizzled DKR type Batman. But I think they wanted Affleck's services behind the camera for the Justice League film(s) and this was part of that deal (pure speculation by myself, but makes sense when looking at the whole situation and WB's future plans).

I think the Superman vs Batman movie will be a complete disaster. If it does well at the box office and WB goes forward with a JL movie starring and directed by Affleck, it might be worth it long term.
    I think it will be a disaster as well. It has to be a pretty amazing storyline for it to work. I just think it will be hard to top the last two batman movies. They should just leave it alone for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    looks like supermans gonna be the star hero with batman as his sidekick
    Well it is a Man of Steel sequel..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    I think it will be a disaster as well. It has to be a pretty amazing storyline for it to work. I just think it will be hard to top the last two batman movies. They should just leave it alone for a while.
    From all the reports and the little skit at comic con, looks like they're going with the Superman vs Batman angle from the Dark Knight Returns. They even used a direct quote from the comic to make the official announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-bU3rhX_Q

Which means they're basically planning on doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRG57PNdpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Fw3zuu4-A

Which means choosing Affleck to play that interpretation of the Dark Knight will prove to be a colossal error. They would be better off going with a world's finest storyline where Batman goes to Metropolis, initially he and Superman don't get along, but then team up to fight Luthor and the Joker and that ends up being the catalyst for the formation of the justice league.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Fixed.
    I love Jack Nicholson but there's no debate here. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was way better than Jack Nicholson's.

Banned

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    I don't have a problem with Affleck. He is a decent enough actor. Christian Bale wasn't even great in his role as Batman. Playing Batman is the easy part. You're a billionaire disguised as a superhero, how difficult is that? What makes the movie good is the villain/story. Just look at the last two movies.

The director/writer of Daredevil has been involved with these movies: Jack Frost, Ghost Rider, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Big Bully, and Elecktra. That is literally his resume. No wonder that movie was awful.

George Clooney should have made a better batman than he was. He has the looked and how difficult is it to do the voice Bale used when suited up. I'm not trying to knock Christian Bale as an actor because he is a good actor but people act like he was phenomenal when really to me he was just average. The characters of Bane and the Joker are really what stood out and Nolan directing is what made the last three movies great.
    Forget the role of Batman whilst in costume, there is no better Bruce Wayne than Christian Bale.

Imagine Affleck as Wayne when we think about this upcoming movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Forget the role of Batman whilst in costume, there is no better Bruce Wayne than Christian Bale.

Imagine Affleck as Wayne when we think about this upcoming movie.
    Affleck can definitely play Bruce Wayne. It's Batman I don't think he can't play

Affleck doesn't bother me so much. He's talented enough to make the Wayne role his own.

People weren't all that excited about Heath Ledger getting the Joker role, if you'll remember. "OMG he does teen flicks and that gay cowboy movie, this is gonna be the worst movie in the history of history!!!"

No, what worries me is that Zack "I Wanna Be Michael Bay When I Grow Up" Snyder still gets to direct. The success/failure of this movie is going to rest entirely on him and I just don't think he's a clever or even talented enough director to make a character as complex and layered as Bruce Wayne work. Shit, Superman is about as one-dimensional of a character as you're going to find...and he needed video-game action sequences to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I love Jack Nicholson but there's no debate here. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was way better than Jack Nicholson's.
    There's a lot of debate.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Without makeups for Brienne role, she is fine IMO.

For the Joker?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Yes, there's lots of debate. If Ledger was still alive consensus would be Nicholson>Ledger.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Bale was really nothing special at all. And his voice was downright cringe worthy at times
    His voice was certainly terrible. People idolize actors so much. Bale is easily replaceable. Had Bale stared in Batman and Robin people would have said Bale was a terrible choice for Batman instead of blaming the director and writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I don't understand the hate on the Bale voice..
    It didn't sound cool or batman-y. It sounded like a kid calling his high school and mimicking his grandpa in order to cut classes.

I think Bale is a terrific actor but the role didn't require him to summon too much talent. It's a straight role and he played it fine, but so could a lesser actor IMO.