Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Luke Walton is turning into Brian Cook

Hes been a slump for some time now. Probably due to injuries but I think its due more to the fact he doesnt get enough consistent minutes. His confidence is down and its hard to get in a grove in limited minutes. He only plays a few minutes at a time when vlad was in. I still think he contributes more han brian cook for sure though. He still has the passing ability but him making open shots has been damn near impossible for him to do on a consistent basis.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #17
Kappy
Local High School Star

All I can say is, "Hurry back Ariza"..."Hurry back Vlad."!! I think you can guess what I mean!!! :)
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #18
Lakers13
Reload Time

He's been in a "slump" since last years injury. None of us really paid more attention to it with his limited minutes. The more he plays , the more we can see he has some kind of problem. Whether its mental or physical, I dont know.

Im not going to say throw him off a cliff, but limit his minutes when Vlad and Ariza get back to fix what ever his problem is. If he continues this crap because he cant start, ship'em.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
He's been in a "slump" since last years injury. None of us really paid more attention to it with his limited minutes. The more he plays , the more we can see he has some kind of problem. Whether its mental or physical, I dont know.

Im not going to say throw him off a cliff, but limit his minutes when Vlad and Ariza get back to fix what ever his problem is. If he continues this crap because he cant start, ship'em.

I'm thinking it is a combination of the two between mental and physical. It is hard to deal with the mental aspects of the game if you are hurting because it is human nature to focus on what is hurting. Some players can play better with pain than others and I think Luke is one of the ones who cannot.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
LAKERS REPORT
Walton says break helped him to heal
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
February 27, 2008

Show Luke Walton a chart of the human body and he'll point out what was hurting.

His ankle, his hip, his lower back.

And his knees too, simply because he was favoring all the other injuries.

His body was malfunctioning, one part at a time, costing him his confidence and his minutes.

"I thought he was rushing things, just putting his head down a lot of times . . . " Coach Phil Jackson said.

Then came the All-Star break. Walton no longer feels broken.

"I went to San Diego and did nothing but see my physical therapist down there for three straight days," Walton said. "Everything's starting to feel a lot better. It's all connected and it was all hurting."

The Lakers will need him to be healthy, particularly in the short run.

Walton has returned to the starting lineup in place of Vladimir Radmanovic, who is sidelined because of a strained right calf muscle.

Walton had gone 18 consecutive games without scoring in double figures before breaking through with 11 points, seven rebounds and six assists Sunday against Seattle, his first game back in the starting lineup.

He had two points in 21 minutes Tuesday as a starter against Portland.

Walton would start only as long as Radmanovic was out, Jackson said.

"Right now, I don't think Luke should be playing 30 minutes or more in a ballgame physically," he said. "He's a valuable player, but there's some players that 30-plus minutes a game are too many for them to play."
more

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=2&cset=true
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #21
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

There's truth to what almost all of you have said, he's playing hurt. But even healthy, his skills and conditioning aren't what they should be.
I saw a lot of the team during the off season and it was very obvious that the guys were working out hard......Except Luke, he looked too soft, if not a bit over his weight. I thought he was headed for a bad year and probably injuries. I think he's been too pampered and not hungry enough thinking he automatically has a spot because of his dad. I would love to see him really work to improve his game and conditioning in the off season......or else he'll be a real bust. For now he should NEVER drive to the basket, he either get it blocked of throws up something ugly and hopes it lands in the hole.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #22
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
He reminds me of brian cook, he cant stick anybody...whenever he is out there the other team just ISO's him...walton cant get anything to drop..i remember he used to be a decent 3pt shooter now he is just terrible...i rather have sasha at SF -_- ARIZA GET WELL SOON PLEASE

While I too like Ariza.....you are dead wrong about Luke. He is a talented
player with a very high BBall IQ. He is still recovering from an ankle
injury...so give him some time. When he is back playing well, you will
see how silly this thread was....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #23
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Luke needs to follow the Yoda Phil in fighting like a Jedi. He's not listening to Kobe1Kenobi in "Use the force Luke"
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: