Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #16
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Re: Did you hear about Gordon? Me neither! Why so quiet?

Well, check out espn. Gordon says that he has played his last game as a Bull and he will reject the tender offer.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #17
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Well, check out espn. Gordon says that he has played his last game as a Bull and he will reject the tender offer.

Gordon will have to play Euro ball to make the kind of money he wants.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #18
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

I have to say I agree with this. I am certain there are NBA teams that would be glad to have Ben coming off the bench for them, but I can't imagine anybody wants him at his asking price.

It seems like a good time for Gordon to make this stand for mucho deniro with the Bulls. Ben is probally counting on the European teams for leverage against the Bulls, (for fear of losing him the way the Hawks did with Childress) and as a parachute to bail him out if the Bulls don't cave in the negotiation process.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #19
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

Agreed. But it also wouldn't surprise me to eventually see him accept the Bulls offer, because it is probably incentive based on Deng's new deal. One year ago he turned down a 5 year/$50 mil deal & Luol turned down a 5 year/$57 mil deal. This summer Deng signs for slightly more (at 6 year/$71 mil) than he was offered a year ago and Gordon is offered less than he was offered last summer. Regardless, it's still a very generous offer.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #20
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I say sign him to the QO, then let him walk after the season. If he won't back down from his salary demands, then it doesn't make sense to try to negotiate with him. Let him test the market next offseason and see what happens. If he signs a lower deal with another team, though, I won't be happy at all. I still can't believe his agents are letting him believe he deserves this much. Everybody knows he isn't, but he still can't get it through his head.

I've read a few people post about letting Gordon walk. Bad idea, IMO! He's played a big role in turning this team around. When he was hitting last second shots against the Knicks, we all loved him! We've always known he couldn't play D against bigger sg's at this level. He's a scorer...a shooter. Bla bla bla...we all know his game. I would like to see him stay at the right price, but only if they are able to trade Hughes. The Bulls have let players of decent value leave for nothing: Bowen and JR Smith come to mind. I would hope the Bulls can get at least a draft pick for Gordon if he doesn't resign. We'll see.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #21
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Gordon is the best SG the Bulls have right now. It would be dumb of Paxson to just let him go. Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha together would score like 18 PPG.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: