Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sixers pick up 3rd year option on Young, Smith

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3641844
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers picked up the third-year options on the contracts of Jason Smith and forward Thaddeus Young on Monday.

Young, the 12th overall pick in the 2007 draft, averaged 8.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 74 games last season.

Smith, a 7-foot center, averaged 4.5 points in 76 games last season, but was expected to miss all of this season with a torn ACL.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Sixers pick up 3rd year option on Young, Smith

Pretty obvious move.

I just hope once Smith comes back -next year- he starts living up to the expectations. At this point, I'm unclear if he can turn out on something udesful or not, despite he showed nice potential.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

@ young @ smith ( i can't believe this trade if daquan cook becomes a better player i am going to lose it)
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsanchez306
@ young @ smith ( i can't believe this trade if daquan cook becomes a better player i am going to lose it)
where were you going to put Cook? Miller, Iggy, Green, Lou, Ivey, Rush....

When Ratliff and Marshall leave we'll be down to 4 big men (if you count Evans as a big man, being about 6'7"). Smith will be valuable.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
where were you going to put Cook? Miller, Iggy, Green, Lou, Ivey, Rush....

When Ratliff and Marshall leave we'll be down to 4 big men (if you count Evans as a big man, being about 6'7"). Smith will be valuable.

i see your point...... i remember a louis amundson at one time or a shavlik randolph doing the same thing he did and they cost us nothing. smith with a torn acl can't be depended on for much his game was athelticism and the outside shot which is valuable but not if he doesn't return at all to the player he was. I hope he does return to his former self and improves because i see the error of my ways in denouncing his value because the mid-level is the only thing we might have to shore up this problem.

I am far from sold on green/ivey/rush sure great band aids for now but yeah.
i'm no ish jedi i can't predict who we are gonna sign or trade for , i can't curse anyone team/person all i know is we are gonna rock and people are gonna enjoy this forum like i predicted when it was down to the few of us in here.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Pretty obvious move.

I just hope once Smith comes back -next year- he starts living up to the expectations. At this point, I'm unclear if he can turn out on something udesful or not, despite he showed nice potential.
I can certainly understand why you feel that way with a very sub par rookie season. Jason Smith is one of those guys who gets better with experience. His ability to to rebound block shots and play the post may not be his biggest strengths but he can get better at. His ability to hit the 20-25 footer is fu**** unbelievable this guy has a shooting touch that I haven't seen in alot of big man. He plays with alot of intensity trust me when I say this he has a place on our team believe that.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 10-18-2008 at 09:21 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
I can certainly understand why you feel that way with a very sub par rookie season. Jason Smith is one of those guys who gets better with experience. His ability to to rebound block shots and play the post may not be his biggest strengths but he can get better at. His ability to hit the 20-25 footer is fu**** unbelievable this guy has a shooting touch that I haven't seen in alot of big man. He plays with alot of intensity trust me when I say this he has a place on our team believe that.
I think you might have meant 15-20 footer. 25 feet is a couple feet behind the 3 point line.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: