Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lance Is The Enemy Now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    happy this cocky ****** went to the west. straight up bum.

Quote Originally Posted by royalbluecosby
    The Hornets are in the eastern conference

From my reading the "sources" seems he wanted a shorter deal to try and capitalize on the potential new CBA in a few years. Indy wanted to lock him in to try and figure out the pieces around the team for the next 5 year period.

I wonder if Indy went to 3 years at relatively equal money if he would have stayed.

Indy lost a big piece. He handled the ball a lot for them.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I told you he was an asshole Dro, I told you to stay away. And now he's gone and broken your heart
    I know right......I agree with you guys though. He just wanted a fresh start probably and his relationship with some of his teammates was probably damaged beyond repair. There's probably some things that happened in the locker room that we've never heard about. I can't blame him for that. I just like him so much as a player and I do think he will become at least an all-star if not a star. He has to mature though.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

good move for lance.

in CHA, he'll still be asked to be a playmaker, but at least he can share those duties with kemba or play off of Al in the post.

Indy was asking too much of lance on the offensive end. hes not a natural play maker, but they were using him as one because of the lack of an offensive scheme or true PG.

Indy, im scared for you guys! Vogel needs to develop an offensive plan for next season, or find a PG. (call up LA, maybe we can work something out for mashall )

It happens.

Oh and after the struggles last season, somebody was bound to leave. For the long term, I think this might turn out better for the Pacers than just hoping that Hibbert-George-Stephenson would somehow turn around the drama and would go back to playing as well as they did earlier on in the year.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Terrible move for Charlotte. PJ Hairston is already better than Lance Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    If he wanted to leave for any reason is his choice. Maybe he didnt like the way he was treated or maybe he just wanted a new place to live. Point is he left get over it. Is not like he was that important part of the cog anyways. You wanna talk crap about someone? What aabout that scrub George?
    I'm not sure where you're seeing that I'm talking crap about him or that I'm that so upset that I have to "get over it". In fact, I am over it, thats why my post was pretty lighthearted. I'm not cursing him out or anything and I do understand that he probably wants a fresh start because of all the chemistry issues last year.

Also, Lance would still be sitting on the bench if it were not for Larry (probably). He wasn't getting any playing time otherwise under Vogel or Obrien..I can't even remember if Obrien was here when Lance first got here.....I just thought he would be more loyal to the guy that is the reason you even have a shot at free agency in the first place, Larry Bird. That's more where I'm coming from. I'm not upset at all if the relationships got so bad that he felt he needed a new start...
    Last edited by Dro; 07-16-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Man this one stings. Lance wouldn't have even been drafted without Larry Bird, he would have been passed up and played in the D League a couple years without Bird. Then you go and do something like this, for around the same amount the Pacers offered? Unforgivable.

Will boo him the next time Charlotte comes to town.

/salty as ****/
    This is pretty much my point.....Larry drafted him in the 2nd round. Nobody else was going to draft Lance with all his character issues. Would anyone deny that?

Too bad. Wanted to face Indiana with Stephenson and the rest of their core. Were basically similar teams in how we were built.

I guess getting Rodney Stuckey as a replacement would be alright, but obviously not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Lance was the only one who showed up against LeBron and the Heat, yet got blamed for everything.

Indy didn't deserve a real G like Lance to be honest.
    You guys are preaching to the choir with this. I'm the main one who was defending Lance against this entire forum during the season and the playoffs.....I completely understand. I'm mainly talking about his relationship with Larry. I thought he would show a bit more loyalty for the fact that Bird is the reason he in the league. Yes, he's talented. But he wasn't getting any playing time until Bird came in and took him under his wing so to speak and told the coach to play him. And Larry is the main one who had his back still even when the media and some of his teammates turned on him....The Pacers offered him what they offered him because that was really all they could offer him without either moving other players or paying the luxury tax and they definitely can't afford the luxury tax.

Thats my main point.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Cheer up bro, your management knows how to build a contending team, just haven't had much luck.

I'll actually now say this to you. The Bulls are now a real threat.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    He wanted a shorter deal and Larry wouldn't give it to him.

That... And that the Pacers FO made him look like a psycho in the playoffs probably had a lot to do with it.

Dude is a baller, he's a great fit in Charlotte
    See, I thought Bird made him that 5 year deal to show Lance that he believed in him and wanted him here for the long haul. I'm not sure if maybe Lance didn't take it like that or like you said, maybe he just didn't want to stay here...I don't assume he doesn't like the city because he bought a house here on the South side of town of all places....Usually athletes here either buy a house in Geist were Paul George, Reggie Miller and others live(d), or downtown. The south side isn't one of the better sides of town here in Indianapolis.

Lance is a baller....I don't think Larry made him look like a psycho. Larry said he needs to tone down some of his antics but he still always had is back publicly and during the offseason. He always made it clear that despite Lance's issues, that he wanted Lance to be a Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    It happens.

Oh and after the struggles last season, somebody was bound to leave. For the long term, I think this might turn out better for the Pacers than just hoping that Hibbert-George-Stephenson would somehow turn around the drama and would go back to playing as well as they did earlier on in the year.
    This is a good point.....I was really hoping that either Roy or Hill or both were moved because they seem to be the 2 guys that play at a much slower pace than the rest of the team. But I like Hill as a player.

I think the title may be misleading also. I don't mean enemy as in, I don't like the guy anymore or that I will boo him...I just mean, when he plays Indiana, I want him to play horribly and we should treat him like any other opponent and go for blood. I'll probably still somewhat root for him when he plays anyone else.

Learning to shoot layups