Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Bobcats trade Emeka Okafor to Hornets for Tyson Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Explain your comments on Emeka now.

And the bull **** you posted concerning strength and athleticism were disproved by lolwut.
    Not really? A grown man out lifted some high school kids. That same player now suffers from a back injury. Back injuries rob players of their strength, and explosiveness. That's why he does not finish around the rim well. He struggles against good centers, and eats up the hot garbage of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Not really? A grown man out lifted some high school kids. That same player now suffers from a back injury. Back injuries rob players of their strength, and explosiveness. That's why he does not finish around the rim well. He struggles against good centers, and eats up the hot garbage of the league.

bulllllllllll**** he still posterizes "gargantuan western" players like greg oden around the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtyeJ3PV0xQ

that's not struggling to finish...that's mashing.
    Last edited by lolwut; 07-28-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    bulllllllllll**** he still posterizes "bigger stronger" players like greg oden around the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtyeJ3PV0xQ
    He was barely above the rim, and Greg did little to challenge that bucket. It was a token challenge. Notice both of them got little lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913lYS8-Kuo

okafor throooooooooowing damp and dirk's weak ****

He was barely above the rim, and Greg did little to challenge that bucket. It was a token challenge. Notice both of them got little lift.

ROFL you're a complete tool he went straight to the rack hard and punched all over oden

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    ROFL you're a complete tool he went straight to the rack hard and punched all over oden
    No I am just not impressed with someone "punching" on a Greg Oden who did not go after the ball with force, or someone who blocks players who go to the rim soft like Damp and Dirk.

Saw a basketball once CarolinaBlue704's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Still failed to make the playoffs, and that's all that really matters. All of you who are getting offended by me saying Diaw, Bell for Richardson trade was a Suns win, that's the reason I stated "arguable".

Morrison, Brown to Lakers was still a win for the Lakers. Vlad wasn't contributing well, Brown broke out with the Lakers, and from what I am hearing Morrison was looking like a stud in the summer league and still has much more potential.

It seems to me like the Bobcats are filling their roster with solid role players, but they don't have a main guy on their team who can run the team.
    the only reason the bobcats missed the playoffs is because bynum broke wallace's ribs.if that didnt happened,charlotte makes the playoffs.

the bobcats got the better end of the diaw/bell for richardson deal,because they charlotte greatly improved from the trade while the suns didn't.

vlad did contribute well.he was a reliable bench player,who played very good while wallace was injured.he brought far more to the team than morrison ever did.BTW,this summer isn't the first time morrison has played good in the summer league.morrison will never be a "stud" as you say.

bottomline,all the bobcats did was improve from all the trades they made last season.stop trying spin it,and make it seem like charlotte got worse.larry brown got guys in return who fit his system.IMO,this okafor/chandler trade is a wash if both guys stay healthy.

No I am just not impressed with someone "punching" on a Greg Oden who did not go after the ball with force, or someone who blocks players who go to the rim soft like Damp and Dirk.

this argument is almost as retarded as your strength argument...which is something beyond retarded

the only reason the bobcats missed the playoffs is because bynum broke wallace's ribs.if that didnt happened,charlotte makes the playoffs
    Injuries are part of the game. Even with Wallace, your chances at the playoffs were slim.

the bobcats got the better end of the diaw/bell for richardson deal,because they charlotte greatly improved from the trade while the suns didn't.
    You also lost the top scoring option on your team who was the only person on the team that could make his own shot. That will kill a team in the long run, especially for a team looking to contend, not just for a playoff spot, but to try and go deep into the playoffs.

vlad did contribute well.he was a reliable bench player,who played very good while wallace was injured.he brought far more to the team than morrison ever did.BTW,this summer isn't the first time morrison has played good in the summer league.morrison will never be a "stud" as you say.
    I'd say Brown's impact on the Lakers alone made the trade worthwhile for them. Morrison developing would be icing on the cake.

bottomline,all the bobcats did was improve from all the trades they made last season.stop trying spin it,and make it seem like charlotte got worse.larry brown got guys in return who fit his system.IMO,this okafor/chandler trade is a wash if both guys stay healthy.
    I think they did, in my opinion. They are trading youth/potential for veterans who would equally benefit the team. When it comes down to it, most of the trades they have made ( that being 2 out of the 3) have, in theory, made this team worse and put them in a situation where contending for a playoff spot will be tougher than before.

Injuries are part of the game. Even with Wallace, your chances at the playoffs were slim.

You also lost the top scoring option on your team who was the only person on the team that could make his own shot. That will kill a team in the long run, especially for a team looking to contend, not just for a playoff spot, but to try and go deep into the playoffs.

I'd say Brown's impact on the Lakers alone made the trade worthwhile for them. Morrison developing would be icing on the cake.

I think they did, in my opinion. They are trading youth/potential for veterans who would equally benefit the team. When it comes down to it, most of the trades they have made ( that being 2 out of the 3) have, in theory, made this team worse and put them in a situation where contending for a playoff spot will be tougher than before.
    just stop man,i watched over 60 bobcats games last year alone.i know what im talking about.BTW,the bobcats scoring average went UP after they traded richardson.richardson was nothing more than a black hole on offense.bell and diaw made our offense much better.

and before wallace got injured the bobcats were on a role.they had won 8 out of their last 12 games,and were only 2 games out the playoffs with 37 games left.after wallace got injured they lost 9 out of 12 games.bobcats had a GREAT chance to make the playoffs if not for wallace getting injured.

the bobcats before the trades couldnt even compete on most nights.after the trades they were capabale of beating any team on any given night.i live in charlotte,i know more about how the trades effected the bobcats than you do.so give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue704
    just stop man,i watched over 60 bobcats games last year alone.i know what im talking about.BTW,the bobcats scoring average went UP after they traded richardson.richardson was nothing more than a black hole on offense.bell and diaw made our offense much better.

and before wallace got injured the bobcats were on a role.they had won 8 out of their last 12 games,and were only 2 games out the playoffs with 37 games left.after wallace got injured they lost 9 out of 12 games.bobcats had a GREAT chance to make the playoffs if not for wallace getting injured.
    Chill out there, bro.

Fact is, best case scenario for your team (if healthy and all) would have been knocking out the struggling Pistons for the final playoff spot and losing to the Cavs in the first round. Really not much of a difference. Even if you made a low playoff spot your team wasn't at a point to contend.

the bobcats before the trades couldnt even compete on most nights.after the trades they were capabale of beating any team on any given night.i live in charlotte,i know more about how the trades effected the bobcats than you do.so give it up.
    Now with this statement you are going a bit overboard and your homerism is beggining to show. I know you are a strong supporter of your team. But even with the trades which in your opinion "make such a difference" they are on the bottom half of the weaker conference of the league.

seriously TMT, you really don't know what you're talking about lol. i don't mean to offend you, i really don't, but it's clear you haven't been following the bobcats at all, which is fine of course, seeing as how you're a spurs fan, but if you're uninformed, maybe it's best to simply not express your opinion?

the bobcats were 27-27 after the trade (not counting the final stretch of road games where the cats were already eliminated from the playoffs), which was a massive improvement from their 6-14 record before the trade. no matter how you spin it, the bobcats improved from that trade and were a respectable team that was able to compete each night. were they the best? hell no. but they could compete, and they achieved moderate success.

oh, and saying that our chances of making the playoffs with wallace were slim really isn't true. i don't think you realize how important g-force is to our offense. he's our number one option and is one of the most high energy players in the league. we're a mess without him.

You also lost the top scoring option on your team who was the only person on the team that could make his own shot.
    wallace can take the ball to the rim about as well as a lot of premier small forwards. he can get his own shot.

i'm really not upset or anything, you have your opinions and that's fine, but from what i've seen from your opinions, you're a bit ill-informed. i don't think you've watched enough bobcats games (not that i can blame you )

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    seriously TMT, you really don't know what you're talking about lol. i don't mean to offend you, i really don't, but it's clear you haven't been following the bobcats at all, which is fine of course, seeing as how you're a spurs fan, but if you're uninformed, maybe it's best to simply not express your opinion?
    I respect your opinions as a Bobcats fan, even though I don't agree with them. And just as you can express yours, I see no reason not to express mine. You are right though, I can't say I have watched many Bobcats games but I just disagree mostly with the statement made previously that: "after the trade, the bobcats could have beat any team in the league".

the bobcats were 27-27 after the trade (not counting the final stretch of road games where the cats were already eliminated from the playoffs), which was a massive improvement from their 6-14 record before the trade. no matter how you spin it, the bobcats improved from that trade and were a respectable team that was able to compete each night. were they the best? hell no. but they could compete, and they achieved moderate success.
    This is what I was trying to get across. They might have improved a tad bit from their low standard of play before the trade, but no way were they one of the best in the league even with full health. Going 27-27 isn't idealy what a team hopes for. And trust me, being a Spurs fan, I can relate when it comes to injury.

oh, and saying that our chances of making the playoffs with wallace were slim really isn't true. i don't think you realize how important g-force is to our offense. he's our number one option and is one of the most high energy players in the league. we're a mess without him.

wallace can take the ball to the rim about as well as a lot of premier small forwards. he can get his own shot.

i'm really not upset or anything, you have your opinions and that's fine, but from what i've seen from your opinions, you're a bit ill-informed. i don't think you've watched enough bobcats games (not that i can blame you )
    Wallace isn't the most impactful player. Even with him for that stretch, I doubt he would have made an 8 or 9 game difference or enough for you to make a playoff push. I understand he is an important player in your system but isn't that big of a difference maker. Not to mention, I believe Vlad was playing well (not great, but well) while he went down.

Chill out there, bro.

Fact is, best case scenario for your team (if healthy and all) would have been knocking out the struggling Pistons for the final playoff spot and losing to the Cavs in the first round. Really not much of a difference. Even if you made a low playoff spot your team wasn't at a point to contend.

Now with this statement you are going a bit overboard and your homerism is beggining to show. I know you are a strong supporter of your team. But even with the trades which in your opinion "make such a difference" they are on the bottom half of the weaker conference of the league.
    first of all.i never said the bobcats were at a point to contend for a title.i said they had a great chance to make the playoffs and most likely would have if not for wallaces injury.it be HUGE for the city of charlotte if the bobcats just make the playoffs.not a big deal for you,but for fans of the bobcats it would a big step forward.

and yes,the bobcats were compatible of beating any team on any given night after the trades.even larry brown mention he thought they had a chance to win every game.if you watched many bobcat games after the trades you would know this.just ask laker fans.the bobcats even gave your spurs 2 very tough games last season.

the only thing beginning to show is that you haven't followed the bobcats very closely.just give it up and worry about your spurs.
    Last edited by CarolinaBlue704; 07-28-2009 at 09:17 PM.

my bad TMT, i shouldn't have said that you shouldn't express your opinion. you have every right to.

but the point that carolinablue was making was that we had the ability to come out and compete with any team after the trade. check out the cats' record vs elite teams, we beat the lakers twice, beat the celtics once and lost in an extremely close game where ray allen hit a buzzer beating 3, lost to the magic 107-102 and if i remember correctly we had a really close game with the spurs in san antonio. before the trade, our chances of even keeping a game close with any elite team were slim to none.