Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Sixers tried to trade for both Kaman and Chandler

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...58#post2699658
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Sixers tried to trade for both Kaman and Chandler

I'm glad the organization at least looked into getting rid of that bum I say by this summer he will be gone. I don't care if some think that trading him for Chandler would be a swap in two centers who play exactly the same way I say that's bulls**t. Dalembert has shown no basketball iq or very much improvement in his game since a rookie. We could draft a young rookie green behind the ears and he could make the same stupid mindless ignorant brain dead mistakes as Sammy. At least we wouldn't be paying that rookie 11mil to make those same mistakes. I bet DeAndre Jordan, Javale McGee and both Lopez brothers will be 10 times better than Sammy in their second season than Sammy will be his entire career.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Im so nba'd out
Filter ON [OFF]

kaman wouldnt fit in our fastbreak style and chandler who is basically a bust... His game is just like sammy d why trade for him when sammy already knows the system.Im glad they didnt do these trades
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
kaman wouldnt fit in our fastbreak style and chandler who is basically a bust... His game is just like sammy d why trade for him when sammy already knows the system.Im glad they didnt do these trades
I wasn't aware Sammy knew anything
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

Shaq for Dally/cap filler this up coming offseason? GET ER DONE.

I will always have a soft spot for Dalembert in my heart. He was my #2 option in 2004 fa after Steve Nash and he could have helped us win a championship if we signed him instead of Qrich.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Shaq for Dally/cap filler this up coming offseason? GET ER DONE.

I will always have a soft spot for Dalembert in my heart. He was my #2 option in 2004 fa after Steve Nash and he could have helped us win a championship if we signed him instead of Qrich.
Deal. It was good doing business with you my friend
Old 02-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

haha I really don't think he's THAT bad. He rebounds and blocks shots, plus his offensive game is more polished than Tyson's. But i do agree he has terrible hands unless he's catching an alley oop, and that he has a low basketball(and probably reality) IQ. I wouldn't mind trading him, but not for a bag of chips haha.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
haha I really don't think he's THAT bad. He rebounds and blocks shots, plus his offensive game is more polished than Tyson's. But i do agree he has terrible hands unless he's catching an alley oop, and that he has a low basketball(and probably reality) IQ. I wouldn't mind trading him, but not for a bag of chips haha.
His rebounding is overrated. He grabs boards because of his athleticism and long arms. But he never boxes out and gives up too many O boards. Once his athleticism starts to decline he'll be completely useless.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
His rebounding is overrated. He grabs boards because of his athleticism and long arms. But he never boxes out and gives up too many O boards. Once his athleticism starts to decline he'll be completely useless.

ya he does take advantage of his athleticism, but so do a lot of NBA players. But yes i don't want him as our starting center 5-6 years from now
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Does he have a jumper, hookshot, fadeaway can he post up or even dribble what polished offensive game are you talking about alley oops and put backs.
I guess he really is a great rebounder he gets 17 one night then 7-8 the next two he only averaged 10 boards a game twice in his 7 year career. I can just imagine what you think about Erick Dampier real quality Wilt Chamberlain material.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Does he have a jumper, hookshot, fadeaway can he post up or even dribble what polished offensive game are you talking about alley oops and put backs.
I guess he really is a great rebounder he gets 17 one night then 7-8 the next two he only averaged 10 boards a game twice in his 7 year career. I can just imagine what you think about Erick Dampier real quality Wilt Chamberlain material.

did i use the word great to describe his rebounding? i said he CAN rebound and block shots, same with Chandler. I would say that Chandler was a better rebounder last year, but this year he isn't. Yes he does have a jump shot, not KG like but he does have one, where as Chandler doesn't. I was just simply comparing him to Chandler, and Sam does have a more polished offensive game than does Chandler. But I'm not calling his offense polished...don't twist my words around.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: