Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Default Getting frustrated

So I've been playing in the gym for most of the time and since the weather started to get better I decided to go play in the park with my friends. I must truly say playing with random people in the park is the worst experience ever. Not saying that they're not good. They're very good. Just not at basketball. They do not know any rules whatsoever. This one guy every time he drives in and gets his shit muffed calls a foul. Like all you can hear is the ball getting slapped away but yet somehow some hit his arm. So basically you can't contest shots. Then when the other guy is on offense he dribbles the ball takes like three steps without dribbling he stops takes another two steps and throws it up(if it goes in "in yo face fool" when it doesn't go in "****in hacks yo") so I'm like looking at my friends and thinking shit there's no traveling violations in streetball anymore. So I think I'm just gonna stick to playing indoors people seem a lot more knowledgeable and the game is a lot more fun.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

Default Re: Getting frustrated

Outdoor-Streetballers
Indoor-Dedicated Ballers
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Outdoor-Streetballers
Indoor-Dedicated Ballers
I forgot to mention the fun of playing on a double-rim hoop.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I would never play outdoors if it weren't for a group of buddies that have been playing at this park for years. It's only during the summer tho when they're back... and probably only a few times a month. Otherwise, I hate playing outdoors. If it were up to me, I'd only play indoors (it is up to me but i mean with the group of buddies). I can practice outdoors tho.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
AJ2k8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
I forgot to mention the fun of playing on a double-rim hoop.

Oh yeah gotta love playin on them
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

I do not discriminate between outdoor and indoor playing. During the summer, my indoor options are often very limited as I try to avoid paying to play whenever humanly possible. Recreational Leagues and Open Gyms at my old school have offered the best consistent competition through the years. The park in my area often has good competition, though sometimes not. Similarly, the local Y is really touch and go. I think the level of competition totally depends on the area and whatnot. I've had a lot of great games at the park.

Also, I like the double rims. It may sound a little funny, but I like how they make me perfect my shot. If I had to choose between rims that are too forgiving (like at my gym) and those that are not (my park) I choose the park - as the negative reinforcement makes me step my game up. If I'm not thinking, when I get a jumper to hop around and rattle in on an indoor rim, I see it only as a success when really, it was a relatively inaccurate shot.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: