Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default we have a problem

we have a major problem here

is it time to admit and ajust?

here is my opinion of the problem and how we fix it- im no more an expert than any of you but i havent missed 10 games in 7-8 years, and i feel as bad as things have gone it will still go right in the future
the combination of melo, karl, iverson will never "catch a break" it is too much of an uphill battle

melo is the only star player in the nba who doesnt get "star" treatment from the refs- why?

because every move made since the arrival of melo has been made despite melo not to complement him (w possible exeptions of jr on accident or maybe a najera or atkins)

imo- from the inside-out the people who have slowed melos rise to nba regocnized superstar is the cooperation of his own teammates and the organization

lie to yourself if you want but the truth about basketball is that their is a lot of ego and alot of personality involved in the game- at any level jeaulousy or competing within the team always hurts team play- in other words for a team to flourish each player must want the best for each other- what player wouldyou name as a nugget who was important in melo's growth? it isnt a gaurd is it?

what did the organization do to begin meshing carmelo into the team- put together a group of mismatched free agents and kept carmelo as the "rookie" for about three years by never using the draft at all- my bad ,one draft choice- a backup sf in klieza??

the talk from scott hastings has been three years of trying to justify that carmelo really isnt as good as who ever or what he cant do- why? until the whole crew from players down all starts paddling in the same direction it will never work.

nugs win% is above 90 w melo as the leading scorer- under 40% w iverson as the leading scorer

as much as i want to believe that iverson could change and will become what this team needs- it isnt happening. iverson is not willing to play gaurd and allow jr to step into the gunner spot- he could he just wont-

as for karl- i dont get what he thinks his style accomplishes- i truelly believe he is strictly trying to just stick around- just sit through he seasons and last as long as he can- the only for sures about karl is that he will play the smallest two players on his team- he is unwilling or unable to develop relatiopnships w players- and he will for sure try to pick a scapegoat at the end of the season- kmart two yars ago jr last year, whos up this time?

the image of the nugs needs to change- nugs will never "get the call" until it does

-we need a team playing point gaurd who can make a shot-
-we need a positive vibe coming from the coach-

start with trading iverson for kirk hinrich- this trade would not be popular to a lot of the mouthy fool nba fans and "experts" but it would bring championships- hinrich would set a tone for this team that it needs

we also need a new coach- i have two thoughts here-

tim gurgerich- been here, been everywhere- could get more trust and effort out of melo than anyone maybe thinks is possible

mark jackson-hot coaching prospect who would brin fire& excitement

here is a team that wins next year and for 10 more

*hinrich
jr
melo
kmart/ hakim warrick/or josh smith
camby

nene
atkins
*russell westbrook
diawara
klieza
najera
*boston nachbar
hunter

that makes adding 1 draft pck and 2-3 young vets for iverson and future picks+ possibly kenyon- does that seem immpossible
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: we have a problem

In' my opinion you would be better off trading Iverson for Jose Calderon. It would be tough cause the salaries differ so much, but Calderon is a true point guard that is one of the best up and coming PGs in the game. I think Hinrich has reached his highest potential and is actually starting to decline.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Without Ai the nuggets would be behind portland..AI is the one who kept nuggets alive in playoff race. He is more important then melo, camby,karl..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
we have a major problem here

is it time to admit and ajust?

here is my opinion of the problem and how we fix it- im no more an expert than any of you but i havent missed 10 games in 7-8 years, and i feel as bad as things have gone it will still go right in the future
the combination of melo, karl, iverson will never "catch a break" it is too much of an uphill battle

melo is the only star player in the nba who doesnt get "star" treatment from the refs- why?

because every move made since the arrival of melo has been made despite melo not to complement him (w possible exeptions of jr on accident or maybe a najera or atkins)

imo- from the inside-out the people who have slowed melos rise to nba regocnized superstar is the cooperation of his own teammates and the organization

lie to yourself if you want but the truth about basketball is that their is a lot of ego and alot of personality involved in the game- at any level jeaulousy or competing within the team always hurts team play- in other words for a team to flourish each player must want the best for each other- what player wouldyou name as a nugget who was important in melo's growth? it isnt a gaurd is it?

what did the organization do to begin meshing carmelo into the team- put together a group of mismatched free agents and kept carmelo as the "rookie" for about three years by never using the draft at all- my bad ,one draft choice- a backup sf in klieza??

the talk from scott hastings has been three years of trying to justify that carmelo really isnt as good as who ever or what he cant do- why? until the whole crew from players down all starts paddling in the same direction it will never work.

nugs win% is above 90 w melo as the leading scorer- under 40% w iverson as the leading scorer

as much as i want to believe that iverson could change and will become what this team needs- it isnt happening. iverson is not willing to play gaurd and allow jr to step into the gunner spot- he could he just wont-

as for karl- i dont get what he thinks his style accomplishes- i truelly believe he is strictly trying to just stick around- just sit through he seasons and last as long as he can- the only for sures about karl is that he will play the smallest two players on his team- he is unwilling or unable to develop relatiopnships w players- and he will for sure try to pick a scapegoat at the end of the season- kmart two yars ago jr last year, whos up this time?

the image of the nugs needs to change- nugs will never "get the call" until it does

-we need a team playing point gaurd who can make a shot-
-we need a positive vibe coming from the coach-

start with trading iverson for kirk hinrich- this trade would not be popular to a lot of the mouthy fool nba fans and "experts" but it would bring championships- hinrich would set a tone for this team that it needs

we also need a new coach- i have two thoughts here-

tim gurgerich- been here, been everywhere- could get more trust and effort out of melo than anyone maybe thinks is possible

mark jackson-hot coaching prospect who would brin fire& excitement

here is a team that wins next year and for 10 more

*hinrich
jr
melo
kmart/ hakim warrick/or josh smith
camby

nene
atkins
*russell westbrook
diawara
klieza
najera
*boston nachbar
hunter

that makes adding 1 draft pck and 2-3 young vets for iverson and future picks+ possibly kenyon- does that seem immpossible

Man take that loser from Chicago and put him up your a@@.. Put the pipe down and come back to reality... We don't need that SHORT loser who can't even run a losing team like Chicago
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
In' my opinion you would be better off trading Iverson for Jose Calderon. It would be tough cause the salaries differ so much, but Calderon is a true point guard that is one of the best up and coming PGs in the game. I think Hinrich has reached his highest potential and is actually starting to decline.

Agree 100%
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: