Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mel Kiper mock draft + Tod McShay top 32 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I agree with his first 4 picks exactly like that...but Richardson at #5 to the Bucs would be just flat out RETARDED

Richardson is not Peterson

and they have Blount...what a horrid pick that would be

but at least his first 4 are good this time

Agreed. That would be a poor choice for them given how poor they played last season. RB isnt a good position for TB to use their 1 on. They should take the best LB or Safety if hes worthy of number 5 money.

RB in general is a dying position. Its def not what it used to be unless your offense is just one dimensional. Richardson is noice but a bad team would be better off making sure they are good on the OL DL QB WR before snagging a stud back. What if a good team like the Bengals, Steelers traded up for him?
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I would be fine with the Jets taking Mark Barron in the first round. If I have to see Eric ****ing Smith start on defense again, my brains will end up all over the wall.

It's hard to believe the Jets defense has been ranked in the top 5 for the past three years. For all three of those years, they have a had a pedestrian pass rush and iffy play at the safety position. They do have the best CB tandem in the league though, along with a solid D-line and one of the best inside linebackers in the league (David Harris).
The Jet's dont have the best CB tandem, Cromartie sucks. To me, a great tandem is where both guys are good. Cromartie gets burned all the time, he racks up penalties like mad. It's like saying Lebron and Varajao on the Cavs last year was the best forward tandem. To me, the B in the A+B has to be pretty good to say that.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

I wouldn't mind Adams for the Bears. You can never have enough quality linemen.

But if they don't address the WR position in free agency and Floyd is still available they have to have have tooooo make that pick. Big targets, security blankets, guys that can break tackles and gain big yardage is what makes offenses go in this league and the Bears need one of those guys.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

I have a hard time liking anyone in the first round that isn't a pass rusher for the Packers
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #20
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7556061
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I would be fine with the Jets taking Mark Barron in the first round. If I have to see Eric ****ing Smith start on defense again, my brains will end up all over the wall.

It's hard to believe the Jets defense has been ranked in the top 5 for the past three years. For all three of those years, they have a had a pedestrian pass rush and iffy play at the safety position. They do have the best CB tandem in the league though, along with a solid D-line and one of the best inside linebackers in the league (David Harris).

LOL, why does every jet fan bash Eric Smith? Yes, he's not the best safety but the jets are kidding themselves if they think Smith is the problem of that defense/team.

First of all their biggest concern should be fixing the RT/O-line positions as Wayne Hunter was awful for them, losing Woody hurt them. They also need to get back to being a running team first as it's clear Sanchez can't carry the offense. Also, they should look to draft another running back in the mid rounds or sign a player as Greene isn't a #1 option. Also, they'll probably going to need a #2 WR since Burress is probably not going to be resigned and Holmes will probably get suspended midseason by the team.

Second, their defense is above average at this point. Jet's LB core is extremely overrated besides Harris. Bart Scott is old and not a good player any more, Calvin Pace can't rush the passer, Maybin is a situational pass rusher, etc. They need to get themselves a legit pass rusher although they really weren't a good pass rushing team during their AFC championship runs. Also that D-line is the definition of average..

These are the jets needs
RT/Oline
OLB/pass rusher
RB
ILB
RB
WR
PR/KR
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
LOL, why does every jet fan bash Eric Smith? Yes, he's not the best safety but the jets are kidding themselves if they think Smith is the problem of that defense/team.

[northwinds] It's cause he's white [/northwinds]

What happened to northwinds anyway? banned?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

First of all their biggest concern should be fixing the RT/O-line positions as Wayne Hunter was awful for them, losing Woody hurt them. They also need to get back to being a running team first as it's clear Sanchez can't carry the offense. Also, they should look to draft another running back in the mid rounds or sign a player as Greene isn't a #1 option. Also, they'll probably going to need a #2 WR since Burress is probably not going to be resigned and Holmes will probably get suspended midseason by the team.

Second, their defense is above average at this point. Jet's LB core is extremely overrated besides Harris. Bart Scott is old and not a good player any more, Calvin Pace can't rush the passer, Maybin is a situational pass rusher, etc. They need to get themselves a legit pass rusher although they really weren't a good pass rushing team during their AFC championship runs. Also that D-line is the definition of average..

These are the jets needs
RT/Oline
OLB/pass rusher
RB
ILB
RB
WR
PR/KR

I agree with with a lot of this, But Eric Smith was the biggest problem on defense. The guy was completely awful in coverage and he's slow as shit. It's safe to say he was the worst starter on defense by far. Yes, I know Bart Scott is over the hill, and their outside linebackers are nothing more than average, but at least those guys aren't terrible. Smith is only worth keeping around because he's a good special teams player and will be good for depth at the safety position if they upgrade. But it's obvious he should not be starting.

I absolutely agree that the RT position is a huge area of concern. Wayne Hunter is about the biggest downgrade you could have asked for. We went from Damien Woody to this guy? My God...

And another thing...I actually like Shonn Greene as a RB. Sure, he's a bit slow for a RB, but he always runs hard. I don't know, there's just something I like about him. I'm hoping McKnight steps up and becomes a good #2 RB.

By the way, the Jets definitely don't need a KR. Did you not see McKnight this year? He was one of the 3 best KR's in the league.

Last edited by Heavincent : 02-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
[northwinds] It's cause he's white [/northwinds]

What happened to northwinds anyway? banned?

Yes, I think so. He made some pretty bad racist posts (even by his standards) towards the end of the regular season in the weekly game discussion thread. I reported him and I know some others did as well, and he was gone in a few hours. I was surprised it worked that quickly.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I agree with with a lot of this, But Eric Smith was the biggest problem on defense. The guy was completely awful in coverage and he's slow as shit. It's safe to say he was the worst starter on defense by far. Yes, I know Bart Scott is over the hill, and their outside linebackers are nothing more than average, but at least those guys aren't terrible. Smith is only worth keeping around because he's a good special teams player and will be good for depth at the safety position if they upgrade. But it's obvious he should not be starting.

I absolutely agree that the RT position is a huge area of concern. Wayne Hunter is about the biggest downgrade you could have asked for. We went from Damien Woody to this guy? My God...

And another thing...I actually like Shonn Greene as a RB. Sure, he's a bit slow for a RB, but he always runs hard. I don't know, there's just something I like about him. I'm hoping McKnight steps up and becomes a good #2 RB.

By the way, the Jets definitely don't need a KR. Did you not see McKnight this year? He was one of the 3 best KR's in the league.

McKnight will never develop into a #2 RB that can take the load off of Greene. Never. It's a shame that they released Woodhead in favor of McKnight as Woodhead would be a better option right now. He'd basically be performing what LT did for them 3rd down back, pass receiving threat, sharing carries, etc. He's not the greatest but he's much better than McKnight.

As for Greene he isn't a #1. He's best at being a short yardage back and he thrived with Thomas Greene taking the load off of him but he just can't get it done as a #1. He's not fast or agile and his YPC isn't really good. They need a 1A type of back that they can split carries with 50/50. I'm sure they can find a player in the 3rd or 4th round and preferably a speedy/agile back. RB's are a dime in a dozen though..

I also feel the safety position is changing and isn't as big as a need due to the new penalties. The Jets secondary will be fine as long Revis is there. Fix the front seven and get a legit pass rusher in the 1st, a great pass rush is probably the best thing a defense can have. Drafting a safety would be a waste, they have other needs..

As for the KR/PR I thought he started off good but struggled as the season progressed. There were game(s) were I remember he muffed the ball and basically cost the game, was it Denver? But I guess KR/PR is a irrelevant need as you can draft a RB or WR who can also play KR/PR.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: