Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-06-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
Hopeless206
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hopeless206 has an OK reputation so far
Default Does this bother anyone else?

What i don't understand about Clay Bennett buying the Sonics is couldn't he have just bought a different franchise? I mean, both the Memphis Grizzlies and the Hawks are having all kinds of probelms with there ownership and the guy could have had a minority share of the Hornets. Instead, the "Conservative" Oklahoma D-Bag buys a team in a extremly "Liberal" area of the United States and moves them to Oklahoma instead of a team that was, you know situated in a area that he likes more that Seattle.

Its just really lame what he is doing, and he's gonna get away with it. Not only that, he probably won't sell the team to anyone who wants to keep the team there. It sucks.
Hopeless206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default schultz is to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless206
What i don't understand about Clay Bennett buying the Sonics is couldn't he have just bought a different franchise? I mean, both the Memphis Grizzlies and the Hawks are having all kinds of probelms with there ownership and the guy could have had a minority share of the Hornets. Instead, the "Conservative" Oklahoma D-Bag buys a team in a extremly "Liberal" area of the United States and moves them to Oklahoma instead of a team that was, you know situated in a area that he likes more that Seattle.

Its just really lame what he is doing, and he's gonna get away with it. Not only that, he probably won't sell the team to anyone who wants to keep the team there. It sucks.

i dont know the details/sequence of the sale so i will just speculate

it is not easy to bid for an nba club. my guess is that he was at the right place at the right time with astute negotiations

the real culprit in all this is howard shultz.

seems like he just went with HIS bottom line best deal without taking into consideration the consequences and the community concerns

all this from a guy who owes his city for being part of building up his billions of $$$
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: