Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

wtf was with that swat team? shit went action movie all of a sudden, that was awful.

There is obviously something fixed and the swat team is part of the "inside" job

Clearly. But a terrorist cell just blasted what, 7 CIA agents, in broad daylight at a shop in some little idyllic town and just walked straight out the front door, bodies over shoulders and shit. That's just not consistent with the tone of this show at all. AT ALL.

Plus they killed Carver from The Wire, dude only got like 2 scenes.

Yeah it was random lol I knew something was about to happen though when that part was happening, didn't expect that.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm not positive what was in that box, but I can't imagine whatever it was was more damning than openly killing 7 american CIA agents in broad daylight in full swat gear.
    The implication is obviously to continue to play the mystery of Brody. Did he tip them off somehow? Are we sure which team he's playing on? But it definitely felt out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Clearly. But a terrorist cell just blasted what, 7 CIA agents, in broad daylight at a shop in some little idyllic town and just walked straight out the front door, bodies over shoulders and shit. That's just not consistent with the tone of this show at all. AT ALL.

Plus they killed Carver from The Wire, dude only got like 2 scenes.
    Wait what the ****? Carver was there?

Great great

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The SNL Homeland Skit with Anne Hathaway as Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison. Not the best link out there I'm sure, but I can't seem to find anything better.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/11/...omeland-spoof/

I enjoyed last night. Felt like the whole point was really to pin Carrie continued presence onto the family by exposing her to the daughter. There's some nice morality play in there as well, but that seemed like the real purpose of the hit and run feeding into last nights episode.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The SNL Homeland Skit with Anne Hathaway as Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison. Not the best link out there I'm sure, but I can't seem to find anything better.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/11/...omeland-spoof/

I enjoyed last night. Felt like the whole point was really to pin Carrie continued presence onto the family by exposing her to the daughter. There's some nice morality play in there as well, but that seemed like the real purpose of the hit and run feeding into last nights episode.
    I can't believe Brody revealed to his wife that he killed Tom. Its amazing how he twisted the whole thing. The wife and Mike think that the CIA is covering for Brody killing Tom, but the CIA don't even know that he did and Brody basically tells her that he did it for the CIA but it was actually for the enemy of the CIA. This way he actually gets both Mike and his wife off his back by somehow being able to actually justify killing Tom. Crazy shit.

By the way, I still can't imagine Brody not ending up with back on Abu Nazir's side instead of the CIA. It seems somehow impossible at this point just cause if he doesn't stick with the plan he's basically a publicly wanted man, which basically completely ends the whole secrecy theme, and if he's able to get back on their side while still making the CIA think he's on their side, that just makes the CIA look uncharacteristically dumber then we thought. But I just can't see it. I'm sure they will make it so in some unpredictable fashion, which is why this show is great.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    wtf was with that swat team? shit went action movie all of a sudden, that was awful.
    So what would you have preferred instead? They walk in and pretend to guard the store. Then suddenly pull guns on everyone. Standoff, swat teams wins out. They retrieve whats inside the wall and then leave? You set up the scene for us. Curious how you wanted it to go down. Because that thing in the wall had to be retrieved by the terrorist and the one guy was on to it as we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So what would you have preferred instead? They walk in and pretend to guard the store. Then suddenly pull guns on everyone. Standoff, swat teams wins out. They retrieve whats inside the wall and then leave? You set up the scene for us. Curious how you wanted it to go down. Because that thing in the wall had to be retrieved by the terrorist and the one guy was on to it as we saw.
    To me it basically went like this.

The CIA moved in on the store to search for anything suspicious. Nazir's group had vision on the store through the camera that we see the pseudo swat team carrying the case out of the store at the end of the scene.

They were likely sitting back, watching through the camera hoping the CIA didn't find the case and left so they didn't have to do anything. It wasn't there plan to attack anyone in that store.

Instead that guy Quinn started knocking on the wall the case was in. Whoever was watching the camera saw and let the emergency response team know so they can move in and take the case before the CIA could find it.

That attack was a drastic plan B measure to the Plan A of sitting back hoping the CIA didn't find the case and left.

Hold the hell on.

The only thing in that case was a bunch of C4? Did I hear that right? You're an al-Qaeda level terrorist operation and you need to kill 6 federal agents so they don't find some simple explosives? Or because you can't get more or something, even though it's not exactly plutonium?

That makes it so much worse.

Yeah i'm hoping they were lying or just assumed it was C4.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Yeah i'm hoping they were lying or just assumed it was C4.
    Yeah I was under the same impression. I think wrote for Claire just to make it out as C4 with no consideration so the audience is unsuspecting of what really is inside the case.

That's why I didn't refer to it as C4 in my last post. I think they've got something going on more their and want to write it off early as C4 so we don't expect it.