Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I find Lebron's career a bit embarrassing to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    I don't see how the lack of mental fortitude come finals time isn't a huge negative mark on his legacy. He's not a big winner when it's all said and done. He doesn't have that mental edge when the pressure it's at its highest point that guys like Jordan and Kobe had.

The worst finals performer among the top 12 greatest player of all time. LeBron > Kobe in the finals. Just check their numbers.

lebron>>>kobe

3rd best player of all time you dimwits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The worst finals performer among the top 12 greatest player of all time. LeBron > Kobe in the finals. Just check their numbers.
    The most important number we need to check is who came away with the most finals wins as either a 1st or 2nd option on their respective teams. Every time Kobe got to the finals he was worn down due to the tougher competition in his conference. Lebron in the east cruised to the finals. When your that fresh from having an easier path to the finals, you are going to have better numbers that the guy who played in the more difficult west.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 04-08-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He is as good as anyone that has ever played.

Perception plays a large part into how a player is looked upon. In reality, Bron might be the best ever. His attitude at times has let him down though.

For me, there is no one outside of Shaq that I would take over Bron. All things held equal, I think he gives you the best shot at winning.
    Talent-wise, yeah, Lebron is right there with the best. Few if any players have ever been as gifted. The one thing I would have liked to have seen more from him (and you alluded to it) is killer instinct. We've seen glimpses of it, but he's had too many instances where he's been passive or has appeared to briefly lose focus. The 2011 finals are the most glaring example. If Lebron had Jordan or Bird's mentality, he could have been the GOAT.

If someone would have just sat his ass down and said "you see what you just did to those Pistons? That's what you have to do EVERY time." He would
    have that killer instinct. Instead his coaches have all been bitches afraid to tell him how it has to be.

I don't think Bron's career is embarrassing, but looking at everything together, it does seem like he underachieved. He really blew it with the Miami thing. That couldn't have turned out worse for him, let's be honest. Doing that and ending up with 2 rings, 1 of which was kinda suspect...

If Bron doesn't win another ring, he really did have a pretty underwhelming career. He'd be like Wilt.

People say winning isn't everything, but the thing is... you can say that when there are a bunch of Dynasties and the player is stuck on a bad team (like when talking about KG or AI or whatever), but the NBA has been wide open ever since 2010; that's why dude has been in the NBA Finals over and over.

-Smak

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He is as good as anyone that has ever played.

Perception plays a large part into how a player is looked upon. In reality, Bron might be the best ever. His attitude at times has let him down though.

For me, there is no one outside of Shaq that I would take over Bron. All things held equal, I think he gives you the best shot at winning.

There's this guy. His name is Michael Jordan.

Look him up sometime.

Or look at the shoes you might be wearing.

Banned

At end of this season, Lebron will be 2 reg season games away from tying number of reg season games played by Jordan. Still a few rings to go.

On the court, Lebron is mostly an all timer. He just lacks that mental toughness that other greats had that made them rise to the occasion. Lebron has the ability to get to the highest stage but he can't succeed there on his own.

But his off court antics are all time cringeworthy. He's the most beta, pathetic, emo, awkward superstar ever in pretty much any sport I can think of.

Did you see him dancing on the sidelines during one of his kids' games? Dancing. Attention whore to the bone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Like I can just see Bird and Jordan f*ckin lolling hard and talkin mad sh*t about Lebron at the gym.

Like Bird misses a few shots in a row before making one. Lebron chuckles a bit. Bird, tells Lebron it's still a better percentage than his finals record. Lebron goes into Jordan cry face mode.

This is one of the most hyped players ever and instead of having 5 or 6 championships he barely has 2 after numerous ass beatings in the Finals with stacked teams. His legacy is ruined. I cheered for him too, but it's time to admit it. He'll never reach that status Jordan has. He's just lost way too much.

Lebron is done unless Golden State decides to sign him as a 6th man.
    The worst part about it all is joining two superstars all in their prime IN THE EAST. Beating up on sub 500 teams and then getting crushed by the only good team you face in the postseason.

I don't see how anyone can take lebron seriously unless you're a brainwashed buffoon.

He's the sports equivalent of Obama--an absolute 100% fraud, through the through.

He's a top 5 player ever

All the negative talk against him, is mainly TV talk

He was ranked 3rd in the all time list already at 31

People respect the hell out of him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    He's a top 5 player ever

lmao, he isn't even a top 5 player since Jordan retired. And Curry has already surpassed him as player.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    He's a top 5 player ever

He's a great player.

Hardly anyone respects him.

I know what you feeling OP, it's easier to cope with 2/6 than to make the effort of thinking, long winded arguments and fighting off trolls...

I mean, by all accounts with his performance last year he should be a 3x Champ/FMVP, his teammates were historically garbage.

How can one hate on that. 4x MVP, 3x Champion/FMVP

Like ESPN said it, top 3 boi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I know what you feeling OP, it's easier to cope with 2/6 than to make the effort of thinking, long winded arguments and fighting off trolls...

I mean, by all accounts with his performance last year he should be a 3x Champ/FMVP, his teammates were historically garbage.

How can one hate on that. 4x MVP, 3x Champion/FMVP

Like ESPN said it, top 3 boi
    lol in the Finals he shot like 32%, played literally no defense, and was invisible in the clutch.

Get the hell out of here, basketball neophyte.