Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Spike Lee Gentrification Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Communities improve when white people move in because white people bother to improve them.

Black communities stay preoccupied with BET and Jordan sneakers and chains and rims and gats and expensive sunglasses to wear to the club.

Seriously, wtf do you want? You can only lead a horse to water. Black people can vote. They can volunteer. They can communicate and network in their neighborhoods. This apparently isn't good enough. They want MO MONEY from wherever dat white community be at. Put rims on the toaster.

Look at em they spinnin they spinnin they spinnin

And yo, let's be 100% honest here. "Black communities" are not bastions of thoughtful debate and noble struggle. Smart black people LEAVE the hood once they get a good job. These communities are the people that just don't give a shit, don't read, don't pay attention, don't participate. And there are plenty of poor white communities like this too. But this idea that the black community is filled with scholars who can't get a fair shake?

Yeah, white people are in a hurry to fix up the subways for these guys.

you're an idiot... no wonder you got KTFO

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    you're an idiot... no wonder you got KTFO

I changed the picture cause even tho those kids probably aren't going on to "great things" its a pretty harmless fake-gangsta picture, we all took em when we were younger.

But everyone knows the deal. Regular black dudes grew up and found work and had a kid or two and took care of em.

NIKKAS just planted seeds all over the place, went to prison and their lil niklets got raised by mothers of questionable credibility and no fathers and are now runnin around stickin shit up and gettin high at 12 years old and all this chit. There's nothin white people can do or care to do bout this. Sick of us takin the blame for this shit. Unless you wanna DEPORT or STERILIZE the nikkas who have kids and dont take responsibility, black poverty aint goin away.

Believe me, I'd be all for it. But others won't be. And they'll just keep blamin whitey. Whatever man. Shit aint gonna change unless black people do. The excuses just gonna prolong the chit. Hey, not my problem.

I changed the picture cause even tho those kids probably aren't going on to "great things" its a pretty harmless fake-gangsta picture, we all took em when we were younger.

But everyone knows the deal. Regular black dudes grew up and found work and had a kid or two and took care of em.

NIKKAS just planted seeds all over the place, went to prison and their lil niklets got raised by mothers of questionable credibility and no fathers and are now runnin around stickin shit up and gettin high at 12 years old and all this chit. There's nothin white people can do or care to do bout this. Sick of us takin the blame for this shit. Unless you wanna DEPORT or STERILIZE the nikkas who have kids and dont take responsibility, black poverty aint goin away.

Believe me, I'd be all for it. But others won't be. And they'll just keep blamin whitey. Whatever man. Shit aint gonna change unless black people do. The excuses just gonna prolong the chit. Hey, not my problem.
    You're an idiot...

Most homes owned in the city of Philadelphia are owned by black women, or black families (that include men)

wannabe thugs (or whatever your stereotype entails) don't own any property in the city and they aren't a factor when discussing proeperty values and why Gentrification issues are important to property owners in the city

NBA Legend

You're an idiot...

Most homes owned in the city of Philadelphia are owned by black women, or black families (that include men)

wannabe thugs (or whatever your stereotype entails) don't own any property in the city and they aren't a factor when discussing proeperty values and why Gentrification issues are important to property owners in the city

What?? The environment of a community is a huge factor when discussing property values. There are tons of places in every city that would make good locations in terms of transportation, proximity to businesses and so forth but are dirt cheap and many people won't touch them because of violence, crime, blight, etc.

If you're looking at buying a house and the agent tells you the homicide statistics are very high in this neighborhood, you're going to be like "Well, as long as they don't technically OWN the homes, I'm good right?"
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 03-01-2014 at 02:29 AM.

NBA Legend

The people on the block aren't mad at the white people for coming back (property values are sky rocketing and that is a good thing for everyone who still owns a home in the area), they just wonder where was all the attention 5 years ago when they were screaming for better services and schools.. I actually met some of the white guys who bought homes in the area and they are nice guys with some good ideas...

its just that the people wonder why it took this to improve a neighborhood that had been crying for it for so long..

You could ask this about the areas around trailer parks in Kansas as well.

When people with higher income move to an area it increases the tax revenue.

Why is this a white people issue for Spike? Because those white people who are bringing in money are suddenly asking to keep the music down late at night? Ohhh, boo hoo. I guess Spike has his hand out for the white man's money, but just doesn't want the white residents having any say in how the city operates.

Someone needs to tell Spike it doesn't work that way.

lol Spike Lee - such a wasteman and fraud. He should keep his mouth shut and go make some more shitty films.

What?? The environment of a community is a huge factor when discussing property values. There are tons of places in every city that would make good locations in terms of transportation, proximity to businesses and so forth but are dirt cheap and many people won't touch them because of violence, crime, blight, etc.

If you're looking at buying a house and the agent tells you the homicide statistics are very high in this neighborhood, you're going to be like "Well, as long as they don't technically OWN the homes, I'm good right?"

People who don't do anything or own anything? those people don't worry about the quality of schools in their neighborhood, or why the trash doesn't get picked up weekly.. They aren't concerned about the quality of services

That is why they don't count