Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: ISH Hall of Fame Project: Class of 2000 Voting

holy shiiiiiiit you guys are freaking ****!!!! I love bball, but you guys are taking it too far you ****nnnn dweeebs. lollllllll, WTF u guys needa do something better, this is the reason i never post on this site, you guys are freaking weeeeirdd

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Yeah, I dont think I could possibly disagree with that more. Haywood had like 5 all star seasons, McGinnis had around 7, and wasn't a worse player in any sort of noteworthy way. McGinnis clearly had a more noteworthy career.
    I think both are about as even as even can get. Both have seven season at 20+ and six seasons at 10+ (McGinnis with seven.) There career avgs are very similar. Haywood 20.3 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 bpg and McGinnis 20.2 ppg, 11 rpg and 1.8 spg.

McGinnis just had the luck of having better teams. He was on possibly the most talented ABA team in the Pacers (between them and Kentucky) and the most talented team in the NBA in Phily. Doc J, Free, Collins, Dawkins. They should have won the title in 77. He went from 21/12 in the regular season to 14/10. And it wasn't a fluke, the very next season he's 20/10 and in the playoffs, 15/8.

Besides his lone ABA season, his expansion Sonics made the playoffs once. And he did as bad as McGinnis, from 22/9 reg season to 16/8 playoffs. His second best player during his Sonics tenure was Fred Brown.

You can't go wrong with either being ahead of either. But they're not that far apart.

Hope you're feeling better G.O.A.T...

I think this is a pretty clear class of new players. Some good candidates but I think these 6 have to make it in:

Drexler
    Dumars
    Magic
    Moses
    Parish
    Nique

From previous classes, I'm still supporting Sergei Belov, Gus Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Drazen Petrovic, and Bobby Jones.

That's 11 though...I guess I'll have to drop support of Parish since he probably shouldn't be unanimous, but will clearly make it in this time (I think he's better than Dumars, but Dumars will need the support to make it in it seems).

Can someone tell me more about Marčiulionis? Should I be supporting him here?