Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    The Nets will pay >60 million dollars just on the starting unit alone: Deron/Johnson/Wallace/Humphries/Lopez.

Talk about wasting money.
    Will that lineup even make the playoffs?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Ben Wallace will be regarded as one of the best rebounders of all time but the Pistons (pre-Rasheed Wallace days) were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Are we going to discredit him as a rebounder too because of it?

And how much inflating are we really talking about? To use the Ben Wallace example, after Rasheed joined the team, his averages dropped like 2 or 3 rebounds. Which would make Kris a 9-10 rpg player. Not really that bad if you ask me.

His point production most definitely will go down, but his rebounding should be fine. If I take issue with anything Kris does, it's what he does on offense. He tries too much to do what he's not. But as far as rebounding goes, he's a pretty good one, and as good as anyone not named Kevin Love or Dwight Howard.
    I acknowledge (in a second post on this) that ben wallace's stats are also inflated. it comes with the territory. funny how other nets fans get all butthurt about it when its really just an observation (in which I never singled out hump, but also acknowledged lee and moose).

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    They could all easily average 10 rebounds in 35 minutes on those Nets playing next to Shelden Williams.

Especially when doing barely anything else. They were simply never put in a situation like that. But everyone can see you are just a blind homer.
    No, I think you're just blind. Kris has averaged 10rpg in 27mpg in the just the season prior. Guys you put up, who've been on bad teams and played significant rebounds couldn't put up 10 rebounds in less than 30 minutes. Kwame Brown? Who was he rebounding against when he was on the Lakers and Bobcats? Diop and Chris Mihm? Didn't even break 8.

Scola is a guy when they were fronting Battier at PF when Yao went down couldn't average 10 rpg. McGee played most of this season with 6'7" Trevor Booker at the 4 and he didn't either.

And barely anything else? The guy was like our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer for most of the season. If anything, his rebounding numbers went down this season because he was asked to score instead of just rebound.

You're just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    I acknowledge (in a second post on this) that ben wallace's stats are also inflated. it comes with the territory. funny how other nets fans get all butthurt about it when its really just an observation (in which I never singled out hump, but also acknowledged lee and moose).
    Ok, I did not see the other post. I'm not butthurt, I just don't think people can knock Kris as a rebounder. There's plenty of other things you can criticize him for. Whether it be offensively, personally, or mentally. But as a rebounder? That's the one thing he's legitimately good at.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Ok, I did not see the other post. I'm not butthurt, I just don't think people can knock Kris as a rebounder. There's plenty of other things you can criticize him for. Whether it be offensively, personally, or mentally. But as a rebounder? That's the one thing he's legitimately good at.
    no, I think you have been reasonable (as you most always are) in this thread. Kris is a good rebounder, no doubt.

I've seen him twice injure teammates knocking them out of the way. For rebounds. he's give it his all.

No, I think you're just blind. Kris has averaged 10rpg in 27mpg in the just the season prior. Guys you put up, who've been on bad teams and played significant rebounds couldn't put up 10 rebounds in less than 30 minutes. Kwame Brown? Who was he rebounding against when he was on the Lakers and Bobcats? Diop and Chris Mihm? Didn't even break 8.

Scola is a guy when they were fronting Battier at PF when Yao went down couldn't average 10 rpg. McGee played most of this season with 6'7" Trevor Booker at the 4 and he didn't either.

And barely anything else? The guy was like our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer for most of the season. If anything, his rebounding numbers went down this season because he was asked to score instead of just rebound.

You're just awful.
    When Kwame played on the Bobcats that was a solid rebounding team. Same with the Lakers. Give him carte blanche on a horrible rebounding team? He could do it. He is one of the weaker cases on my list, I agree, but I think he could do it. He has the physical tools and rebounding ability.

Scola? Averaged 9 rebounds per game in 30 minutes on a team with Yao, Artest, Landry. But he can't average 10 on the Nets? GTFO. The reason he doesn't average monster stats is because he is a consummate team player who doesn't play for stats. He is better than Humphries at literally every single thing involving basketball.

McGee? Doesn't average a double double because he doesn't get to play 35 minutes a game. Would easily do so in those minutes, especially on those Nets. If you think he wouldn't average a double double on the Nets you must be insane.

You can take all the cases you (wrongly) doubt off my list, and still end up with the 29+ guys you asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    When Kwame played on the Bobcats that was a solid rebounding team. Same with the Lakers.

Scola? Averaged 9 rebounds per game in 30 minutes on a team with Yao, Artest, Landry. But he can't average 10 on the Nets? GTFO. The reason he doesn't average monster stats is because he is a consummate team player who doesn't play for stats. He is better than Humphries at literally every single thing involving basketball.

McGee? Doesn't average a double double because he doesn't get to play 35 minutes a game. Would easily do so in those minutes, especially on those Nets. If you think he wouldn't average a double double on the Nets you must be insane.

You can take all the cases you (wrongly) doubt off my list, and still end up with the 29+ guys you asked for.

I can go on and on about players on that list that aren't averaging 10 rebounds. And you neglect that Kris was averaging 10 rebounds while playing 27 minutes on the Nets. You hinge on the 35+ minute season alone but yet you're allowed to introduce other seasons? So when McGee and Hump played
    similar minutes and one did better than the other, it's disregarded?

I could go on about the cases you list. Hickson? Where was that double digit rebounding on the Cavs when they were the 22nd worst rebounding team in the 10-11 season? Aldridge? 6th worst rebounding team in the league, and he has never broken that plane. Maxiell? Never even crossed 7 and he's played similar minutes to Kris' 27 mpg season where he averaged 10. Horford? Atlanta has always been one of the worst rebounding teams the last few seasons and he hasn't crossed 10. In his 35mpg season, his stats look awfully comparable to Kris, if you ask me. Josh Smith? Same thing as Horford. Never averaged 10 and is one of the worst rebounding teams.

I can keep going. It's not worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is a good deal, but Jeremy Lin is overpaid.

yea that's what I was thinking...

guess dude needs to date a Kardashian.

-Smak

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Default Re: Kris Humphries is re-signing with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

wow...the new CBA didn't do sh*t.

Default Re: Kris Humphries is re-signing with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Looks like thread went to hell

No one denies the fact that Hump can get numbers. The issue is he's not a difference-maker and he's being paid like one.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    no, I think you have been reasonable (as you most always are) in this thread. Kris is a good rebounder, no doubt.
    I have been preaching humps rebounding and work ethic this entire thread. The way he goes up against frontcourts on his own is amazing. His rebounding and work ethic is what earned him this contract.

I can go on and on about players on that list that aren't averaging 10 rebounds. And you neglect that Kris was averaging 10 rebounds while playing 27 minutes on the Nets. You hinge on the 35+ minute season alone but yet you're allowed to introduce other seasons? So when McGee and Hump played
    similar minutes and one did better than the other, it's disregarded?

I could go on about the cases you list. Hickson? Where was that double digit rebounding on the Cavs when they were the 22nd worst rebounding team in the 10-11 season? Aldridge? 6th worst rebounding team in the league, and he has never broken that plane. Maxiell? Never even crossed 7 and he's played similar minutes to Kris' 27 mpg season where he averaged 10. Horford? Atlanta has always been one of the worst rebounding teams the last few seasons and he hasn't crossed 10. In his 35mpg season, his stats look awfully comparable to Kris, if you ask me. Josh Smith? Same thing as Horford. Never averaged 10 and is one of the worst rebounding teams.

I can keep going. It's not worth it though.
    It's not worth it, because you are completely wrong.

So you are seriously arguing that Josh Smith, Al Horford, Scola or Aldridge aren't vastly superior forwards compared to Kris Humphries, and we are supposed to take you seriously? Are you trolling? Not even the worst homer could be that fanatical.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

wtf? If Humphries is a 12 mill player then Ibaka will be max