Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why does revenge of the sith get so much hate?

Yeah it felt rushed but it was decent movie better than episode 1 and 2. It just happens to be grouped with the other two movies.

Banned

Default Re: Why does revenge of the sith get so much hate?

It is a really shit movie that combined all of the shit things in Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in to one movie.

It had a few good scenes. Order 66 and the Opera House are IMO good scenes. The rest of the film was garbage. It was disappointing because you can tell how it could have been an awesome epic movie if someone else wrote and directed it.

The romance scenes between Anakin and Padme are as bad as anything in Attack of the Clones and in many places they are worse.

Lucas is good at coming up with cool stories but bad at executing them.

When it came out Revenge of Sith got a lot of hype as "the best of the prequels." In actuality it is just as awful as Attack of the Clones.

The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels and TPM isn't very good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    It is a really shit movie that combined all of the shit things in Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in to one movie.

It had a few good scenes. Order 66 and the Opera House are IMO good scenes. The rest of the film was garbage. It was disappointing because you can tell how it could have been an awesome epic movie if someone else wrote and directed it.

The romance scenes between Anakin and Padme are as bad as anything in Attack of the Clones and in many places they are worse.

Lucas is good at coming up with cool stories but bad at executing them.

When it came out Revenge of Sith got a lot of hype as "the best of the prequels." In actuality it is just as awful as Attack of the Clones.

The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels and TPM isn't very good.
    Well your in the minority most people think episode 3 is the best out of the prequels. Obi-Wan's final duel with Anakin/Vader is probably the best saber duel in the whole star wars saga.

Banned

No way. That final fight was like watching someone play Star Wars the videogame on Playstation 3.

That fight does not hold up. It is ridiculous and too over the top.

The best saber fights in all of Star Wars are probably the Darth Maul fight, and the fight at the end of The Force Awakens.

In terms of build up and emotions, the best fights are in Empire and Return of the Jedi.

Try watching Revenge of the Sith again. You won't enjoy it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    it's shit but when compared to two pieces of garbage trash it makes it look better than it really is.

although, it does have much better dialogue than episode ii, but still very at parts. acting is also better, namely ewan mcgregor and ian mcdiarmaid's.
    Some of the dialogue is better. The Anakin/Padme scenes are even worse than they were in attack of the clones.

What the **** was Obi Wan doing with that lizard on that desert planet for 1 and a half hours? This movie was just shit all around.

Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels. Padme/Anakin romance is worse and more cringe than Jar Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Some of the dialogue is better. The Anakin/Padme scenes are even worse than they were in attack of the clones.

What the **** was Obi Wan doing with that lizard on that desert planet for 1 and a half hours? This movie was just shit all around.

Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels.
    Padme/Anakin romance is worse and more cringe than Jar Jar.
    not with 10 year old downs syndrome kiddo at the forefront

One of the things that I think hurt the entire prequel trilogy: everyone who saw the OT already knew how it was going to end. I think as an actor...as a storyteller...I'd be less inclined to give a shit if I knew going into it that my entire audience already knows the end of my story.

I saw all three in theaters and the only moment I can remember an entire audience of people having a true outward reaction to what they were seeing on screen was the end of II when Yoda throws down with Dooku. Everyone walked out of the theater saying "What the...Yoda can do THAT?! Awesome!" And even then because George Lucas is such a boner at crafting his story, he cheapened what should have been THE duel of the series when Yoda fights Palpatine. These are the two unquestionably strongest users of the Force trying to kill each other...THIS is what I paid to see! Instead it became "Yeah, I saw Yoda flip around and Force-throw huge shit last movie against Saruman..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    not with 10 year old downs syndrome kiddo at the forefront
    It had Qui Gon and Darth Maul.

Qui Gon wasn't the most awesome character but Liam Nieson made him cool.

Anakin wasn't in the movie enough to ruin it. Grown up Anakin was the "hero" of the next two movies and they sucked because of it.

Banned

it's shit but when compared to two pieces of garbage trash it makes it look better than it really is.

although, it does have much better dialogue than episode ii, but still very at parts. acting is also better, namely ewan mcgregor and ian mcdiarmaid's.
    Obi-wan killed it in the movie revenge of the sith could have been much better but I still think it's decent.

All of the prequels despite their faults were more entertaining and authentic than
    Disney's Fan Service: The Movie

Banned

phantom menace had some of the best scenes of the prequels and also some of the worst. the story and shit they put in it makes it my second best of the prequels. I'd go 3>1>2. 2 last because some of the dialogue is just flat out terrible and shouldn't have made it in to such a big movie.

Banned

Funniest looking Jedi Master ever.

Banned

I'm disappointed we never got to see Yaddle in action.

Banned

yoda getting in lightsaber duels killed his character. seriously.

everything that's good about him in the OT is ruined with the weird flippy shit he does in the PT. pure fan service, and im not surprised people loved it at the time.
    Well he was the Grand Master for a reason. Plus he's like two feet how do you think his fighting style would look like.

everything that's good about him in the OT is ruined with the weird flippy shit he does in the PT. pure fan service, and im not surprised people loved it at the time.
    You were not even born when the prequell shit came out, but people hated it instantly.