Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft 2013

Default Draft 2013

March Madness and watching the tournament always has me looking out for potential prospects that can fit into what the Bulls want/need.

Some guys that may fall to our pick and have stood out to me are the following:

Tim Hardaway Jr
    James Michael McAdoo
    Isaiah Austin
    Gorgui Dieng
    Archie Goodwin
    Jeff Withey
    Lucas Nogueira
    Adreian Payne
    Patric Young
    Kenny Kadji
    Michael Snaer
    Jamaal Franklin

We need a SG and a PF/C

A young backup to Noah with some potential would be nice.

A young SG to finally fill that role would also be nice.

Default Re: Draft 2013

Alot of these guys had nice runs in the tournament and showed that they can potentially be solid NBA players. I don't think there are any sure fire stars in this draft but there is depth of talent which is good for a team like our Bulls who isn't picking the early because in this kind of draft the talent gap between the 15th pick to the 25th pick isn't that great

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Hardaway Jr is the only guy I like.

We could get a better and cheaper backup big out of the D-League. Yes, that is how disappointing this draft is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Hardaway Jr is the only guy I like.

We could get a better and cheaper backup big out of the D-League. Yes, that is how disappointing this draft is.
    Agreed. I think he's the pick if he's on the board.

But depending on how McAdoo measures at the combine I think he should get a strong look. If he has tweener size no, if he measures at a solid PF height definitely work him out.That listed height of 6'9 is probably gonna turn into a 6'7 though.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

McAdoo is a serious project. But he definitely has NBA skill, Thibs type of skill but not kind of heart. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I don't like him a lot though. He's more Tyrus Thomas in the head, than he is any kind of upgrade for us on the court.

I agree he might not have the type of mindset to be a success but I don't think he's a dumbass like Tyrus (few are), but I think he actually wants to get better, but could go either way depending on where he goes..I think with our more veteran bigs he'd be a good project to take on, given how much they bust their asses they'd be a good example, and whip him into shape.

Serious playground baller methusala's Avatar

Kadji is old with questionable shot selection, Dieng has no offensive skills and Withey might be the biggest douchebag I saw this year. Can't stand that soft ass coattail rider.

Love Hardaway, especially his shot and athleticism. Don't think he'll be available late though.

Jimmy Butler deserves a shot at the starting 2 guard next season. I do agree we will need another wing guy though - RIP is definitely gone.

This draft could be wide open after the top few players get taken. A guy like Hardaway could be a solid player so I'd be on board with him.

Cardwell-Pope has a lot of abilities that would fit in Chicago - great rebounder for his position and is a solid defender, can also score the ball. Only thing is he would likely have to drop for Chicago to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    McAdoo is a serious project. But he definitely has NBA skill, Thibs type of skill but not kind of heart. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I don't like him a lot though. He's more Tyrus Thomas in the head, than he is any kind of upgrade for us on the court.
    Mcadoo was projected to be a top 5-10 pick if he came out last year. Not saying that he deserves that or it's merited, but the potential is certainly there.
    I think he has a well balanced skill set, but he sometimes doesn't have the fire, intensity or IQ to consistently play well. Things that I think can be corrected being surrounded by a good coaching staff and a good roster both of which we have.

Quote Originally Posted by methusala
    Kadji is old with questionable shot selection, Dieng has no offensive skills and Withey might be the biggest douchebag I saw this year. Can't stand that soft ass coattail rider.

Love Hardaway, especially his shot and athleticism. Don't think he'll be available late though.
    Kadji is a big who has legit size and can spread the floor which is something we need to open the lanes for our slashers.

Dieng has serious defensive potential and he actually has somewhat of a decent jumpshot out to 15 feet.

Withey has serious size and is actually strong at finishing around the basket and is a pretty good shot blocker.

We're talking about a backup C who hopefully won't have to play a lot of minutes as long as Noah stays healthy.

Either one of these guys would be an upgrade over Nazr.

Serious playground baller methusala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Kadji is a big who has legit size and can spread the floor which is something we need to open the lanes for our slashers.

Dieng has serious defensive potential and he actually has somewhat of a decent jumpshot out to 15 feet.

Withey has serious size and is actually strong at finishing around the basket and is a pretty good shot blocker.

We're talking about a backup C who hopefully won't have to play a lot of minutes as long as Noah stays healthy.

Either one of these guys would be an upgrade over Nazr.
    A wet blanket is an upgrade over Nazr.

I'm a Miami Hurricane fan. Kadji is not someone I want to use a 1st rd. pick on.

I don't want to use a 1st on 'just' a backup either. There are a number of things the Bulls need, wasting a pick on a backup/low ceiling guy is a waste.

Jamal Franklin seems like a bulls type player to me- he and ESP Archie Goodwin should be taken ahead of hardaway, both are a level above

Quote Originally Posted by methusala
    A wet blanket is an upgrade over Nazr.

I'm a Miami Hurricane fan. Kadji is not someone I want to use a 1st rd. pick on.

I don't want to use a 1st on 'just' a backup either. There are a number of things the Bulls need, wasting a pick on a backup/low ceiling guy is a waste.
    I would argue that there aren't a number of things that we need. '

In my opinion I would say a center to backup Noah is priority number one with priority number two being a small forward to backup Deng if Butler is going to be our starting shooting guard.

Rose-Hinrich-Teague
    Butler-Bellinelli-Robinson
    Deng-?
    Boozer-Gibson-Thomas
    Noah-?

I'm guessing the roster will look something like that with maybe a few moves unless we pull of some type of trade.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Jamal Franklin seems like a bulls type player to me- he and ESP Archie Goodwin should be taken ahead of hardaway, both are a level above
    I would say that they're more athletic and maybe better defenders by a small margin, but Hardaway Jr is a better scorer and a better shooter and that's what we need more of.

Steven Adams is another prospect at the Center position.