Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Last couple games has shown how having a great pg makes scoring much easier for kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Kobe Stan: Wow! I never knew having a great point guard makes scoring easier.

Regular fan:

You Kobe haters don't know jack.
    You regular fans are wack and usually are the one who are always
    wrong in discussion. This is obviously in retaliation to all the years
    of detractors harping on FG% and his shot output since he has
    never had the convenience of playing with a good pg.

Banned

Default Re: Last couple games has shown how having a great pg makes scoring much easier for kobe

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    since he has never had the convenience of playing with a good pg.
    Never never?

So I imagined this:

But please, don't let the facts interfere with the excuse-making festival. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Never never?

So I imagined this:

But please, don't let the facts interfere with the excuse-making festival. Carry on
    Van Excel was probably the best PG Kobe played with before Nash. Payton in LA was horrible, a shell of himself and never picked up the triangle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Never never?

So I imagined this:

Van exel way before his prime and an old ass Gary payton? LOL.. Are you playing dumb or is this shit for real?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Van Excel was probably the best PG Kobe played with before Nash. Payton in LA was horrible, a shell of himself and never picked up the triangle.
    Payton played and started in all 82 games that year while putting up 14.5 PPG/4.2 RPG/5.5 APG on 47%FG/33% from 3. All this as the 3rd option behind Shaq and Kobe. That team could've won the championship if it hadn't been for well... you know

And it's always hilarious to me that Kobe stans have the nerve to complain about Kobe's supporting casts (even when he was part of the supporting cast for a big chunk of his career) when no other superstar in NBA history has had as many great teammates as consistently as him. Most NBA greats were drafted by bottom feeder teams with little to no support and they had to suffer through hard times before getting a chance to team up with guys that Kobe was given straight out of high school. I mean the Lakers were a 55-60 win team during the time Bean was riding the bench.

I'm just looking forward to when the Lakers inevitably shit the bed in the playoffs (assuming they make it) and people like you tell the rest of us about how Steve Nash couldn't figure out Mike D'Antoni's system

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Van exel way before his prime and an old ass Gary payton? LOL.. Are you playing dumb or is this shit for real?
    Wait, wait, wait... so 25-26 year old Nick Van Exel wasn't in his prime yet... 35 year old Gary Payton was an 'old ass'... that makes 39 year old Steve Nash what exactly?

Think before you type.

Wait, wait, wait... so 25-26 year old Nick Van Exel wasn't in his prime yet... 35 year old Gary Payton was an 'old ass'... that makes 39 year old Steve Nash what exactly?

Think before you type.
    Not to mention Payton put up 20/4/8 the year before and NVE was an Allstar

And he put up 8/5 on 36 percent in the playoffs.

But that's besides the point. The point here is that Gary payton wasn't a traditional point guard in the mold of Steve Nash. He was more of a scoring guard and not a true facilitator.. Like a Kevin Johnson or Russell Westbrook.. He wasn't a stockton or kidd or Nash.

Having a great facilitator which payton and van exel were not obviously helps kobe and everyone else on the team.. Point flies over your head again..

Think before you type.
    Kobe wasn't in his prime.. He was 17/18 years old. This is the first time we've seen kobe as a complete player still somewhat in his prime with a great facilitator/pg. Nash has never elied on his physical gifts.. He s pure craftiness, handles, vision, passing, shooting, IQ. Straight skill. Apples and oranges compared to payton who most definitely relied more on great physical gifts though he was still a skilled post scorer and passer.. Not a great facilitator though which is the point of this thread.
    Last edited by tpols; 12-29-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I just want to say Kobe a few times. Kobe. Yay. Kobekobekobe. Kobe. OK.

Banned

Kobe wasn't in his prime.. He was 17/18 years old. This is the first time we've seen kobe as a complete player still somewhat in his prime with a great facilitator/pg. Nash has never elied on his physical gifts.. He s pure craftiness, handles, vision, passing, shooting, IQ. Straight skill. Apples and oranges compared to payton who most definitely relied more on great physical gifts though he was still a skilled post scorer and passer.. Not a great facilitator though which is the point of this thread.
    Alright, so when the Lakers implode again this season I hope all the Kobe stans stay consistent with the above point when it comes down to excuse-making time. I don't want to hear about how Steve Nash was a broken down shadow of his former self who couldn't pick up D'Antoni's system. We already have to figure out how the best center in the league magically turned into a scrub after joining up with Kobe, we don't have the resources to investigate how an ageless wonder who "has never elied on his physical gifts.. He s pure craftiness, handles, vision, passing, shooting, IQ. Straight skill" magically aged overnight.

Alright, so when the Lakers implode again this season I hope all the Kobe stans stay consistent with the above point when it comes down to excuse-making time. I don't want to hear about how Steve Nash was a broken down shadow of his former self who couldn't pick up D'Antoni's system. We already have to figure out how the best center in the league magically turned into a scrub after joining up with Kobe, we don't have the resources to investigate how an ageless wonder who "has never elied on his physical gifts.. He s pure craftiness, handles, vision, passing, shooting, IQ. Straight skill" magically aged overnight.
    Only way the Lakers are losing is with their defense and if Gasol decides to disappear like he's done for a couple years. If they all play up to par should be at least a finals appearance.

Banned

Only way the Lakers are losing is with their defense and if Gasol decides to disappear like he's done for a couple years. If they all play up to par should be at least a finals appearance.
    Ah, so Gasol is still the go to guy for excuses. Good to know.

And Lakers in the finals... I'll bookmark this

Ah, so Gasol is still the go to guy for excuses. Good to know.

And Lakers in the finals... I'll bookmark this
    Gasol played with no heart.. Got dominated by Carl Landry, Dirk, Kenneth fried, and ibaka in consecutive years despite being the tallest, biggest, most skilled power forward in the league. Nash should be able to resurrect him though. I could see Lakers losing because of their weak d and that's it. Offense should be great come playoff time if they stay healthy.

1987-88 Bulls (Pippen was still a bench player, Sam "Who?" Vincent was PG for half the year, other half seems to have been John Paxson )
    Jordan averages 35 PPG on 53.5% FG (.603 TS%)

Next year, Jordan averages 33 PPG on 53.8%FG (.614 TS%). Pippen is now a starter, but averages 3.5 APG to Jordan's 8.0 APG. OP is a disgrace, Pippen wasn't a PG anyways