Page 62 of 153 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

If we got this many haters, we must be doing something right.

Good article. Absolutely no class at all by Illini fans. I can understand booing him to an extent, but chanting "Liar" "cheater" "Shut up Sampson" and throwing things at Eric Gordon's family? Wow. Get a f*cking grip on yourselves. I liked how a student said "Eric Gordon is responsible for our play this season." HOW F*CKING IDIOTIC IS THIS STATEMENT? Your team is responsible for your lethargic play, not somebody else a state over. So unreal.

Go Illinois!!!

That article is a peice of trash obviously written by someone with an agenda. You can tell from that one piece.
    All these years, watching Illinois in those hideous orange uniforms, you thought the program could not look any worse.
    '
    Way to be objective....

Eric Gordon deserved all the heckling he got. I would have chanted right along with them if I were there.
    One or two fans throwing things is not representative of the fan base, it's just the few idiots that every fan base has. Indiana probably has more than it's fair share. Indiana fans did the same sh!t to Sean May when he played at the other Assembly Hall a few years back, so quit being so hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Good article. Absolutely no class at all by Illini fans. I can understand booing him to an extent, but chanting "Liar" "cheater" "Shut up Sampson" and throwing things at Eric Gordon's family? Wow. Get a f*cking grip on yourselves. I liked how a student said "Eric Gordon is responsible for our play this season." HOW F*CKING IDIOTIC IS THIS STATEMENT? Your team is responsible for your lethargic play, not somebody else a state over. So unreal.

Go Illinois!!!

One guy said that. Every fan base has their idiots. Something you should be familiar with.

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Go Illinois!!!
    He is a liar, but most things directed at him were because of his father. Indiana fans chanted "Shutup Weber" at their place, and they even said "**** you refs". So stop feeding into what ESPN tells you and get a ****ing clue.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Good article.
    The best part was the objectivity. Or something like that.

Absolutely no class at all by Illini fans.
    Every fanbase thinks their rival fanbase has no class.

I can understand booing him to an extent, but chanting "Liar" "cheater" "Shut up Sampson" and throwing things at Eric Gordon's family? Wow.
    The only thing you just said that was out of line was throwing things. And that was one idiot. Not all 16,700 people. Calling Gordon and his family liars isn't out of line; it's the truth. Calling Sampson a cheater isn't out of line; it's the truth. Telling an opposing coach to shut up? How is that "wow"-worthy?

Get a f*cking grip on yourselves. I liked how a student said "Eric Gordon is responsible for our play this season." HOW F*CKING IDIOTIC IS THIS STATEMENT? Your team is responsible for your lethargic play, not somebody else a state over. So unreal.
    Again, one person. If I wanted to hold up the opinions of a single Indiana fan....actually, it really isn't necessary, because Indiana fans are morons as a collective whole.

What's being lost in all of this is that Gordon should have been thrown out of the game for taking a swing at Mike Tisdale. If this was the NBA, it would've been reviewed on the monitor, and there'd have been an automatic ejection and suspension. Why this is getting swept under the rug, I don't know.

I'm almost inclined to agree with my dad, who said he's glad Gordon didn't come here. The kid's a classless, whiny prick and he's gonna be gone in a year anyway, which means while he could have saved this season he would have impeded our progress over the next several years. I don't fully agree with him, but he makes a valid point.
    Last edited by TheGame414; 02-11-2008 at 04:10 PM.

And the dominance over Minnesota continues.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

When illinois wins, they blow the other team out of the gym! wtf is up with that? im talking tons of 20+ point blowouts. why can't illinois play like that more often?

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Because the opponent can't always show up as inexplicably lethargic as Minnesota did tonight.

I'll take it, though.

3-4 years of McCamey > one year of Gordon.

Last night's is the story of the season... Sigh.

Every time you think this team is making great strides...they play a game like that.

When was the last time Penn St. swept us.

Saw a basketball once

I agree, Demetri McCamey for 4 years will be a better investment than having Eric Gordon for 1 year. U of I's season has held no surprises. I expected them to be around .500. I wouldn't give up on this team just yet though. If you look at the top competition they have played this year they were in every game. Including that Duke game. Illini are young and are still trying to figure themselves out but I wouldn't count them out in post season play. They have played Indiana, Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin, Purdue and Michigan State all close. This team has the potential to win the big ten tourney. Things could get interesting. Even if not this year, for sure in the next couple.

It appears as though Brian Carlwell will be transferring after the spring semester.

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/sport...022008aaa.html

Champaign, Ill. - Illinois head coach Bruce Weber announced today that sophomore Brian Carlwell has left the Illini basketball team. Carlwell plans to remain in school and will transfer to another program after completing the spring semester.
    Good luck to him wherever he ends up.