Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The long awaited trailer for Terrance Malick's new movie: The Tree of Life

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...fe/trailer.php

This movie is some serious $hit.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The long awaited trailer for Terrance Malick's new movie: The Tree of Life

this is the first i've heard of it. i've only ever seen badlands, but it was more than awesome enough for me to try out anything else malick does without a second thought. i should really watch 'thin red line'.

this one looks cool. i was immediately reminded of 'the fountain', but it looks more like a deep (and maybe twisted?) coming of age movie. i look forward to seeing it.
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The long awaited trailer for Terrance Malick's new movie: The Tree of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobs
this is the first i've heard of it. i've only ever seen badlands, but it was more than awesome enough for me to try out anything else malick does without a second thought. i should really watch 'thin red line'.

this one looks cool. i was immediately reminded of 'the fountain', but it looks more like a deep (and maybe twisted?) coming of age movie. i look forward to seeing it.

Surprised you haven't seen that movie yet. The Thin Red Line is one of the more underrated films ever made. For me personally, it's Sean Penn's and Jim Caviezel's best performances to date. The casual movie-goer will probably consider Malick's work as boring and lacking motivation or action, but Malick directs as if he's telling a story and you're reading from a book, only with vivid images and haunting narrative.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw the trailer to this on the big screen when I went to go see Black Swan, and it was rather impressive.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

looks good, reminds me of american beauty a little bit in that it revolves around family, it's been a while since a good movie about a family has come out
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i came a few times...

i have to say, i saw my first mallick film the other night "the new world" which had some sequences which were possibly the most beautiful i have ever seen, and its funny cause his style- to capture beautiful looking shots at the expense of all other elements of the film is exactly what i feel i want to go for. i have always felt that story and script is vastly over valued as being the bases for a films quality....vastly.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Love Malick's work. This looks very intriguing.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: