Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Karl Malone gives Isiah Thomas 40 stitches

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This is what happens when you think you're tough and want the bad boy image. You get your smashed in by Karl Malone. Don't act hard unless you your mouth can write checks your body can cash.
    LOL. You must not know Isiah. The guy was a straight killer. One of the toughest SOBs to ever lace them up and would slit your throat if you gave him the chance. He talked the talk but he also walked the walk. The leader of the "Bad Boys", one of the best teams to ever step on the NBA court.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Jazz were legendary cheapshots.

Malone only outdone by Stockton.

If he was going for the block, arm would be straight and he wouldn't turn his back, he gave token effort to make it look legit, but you can tell by his reaction he did what he set out to do, Pistons were dirty, Malone and Stockton didn't like the fact that they were getting all the dirty cred so they had to dirty it up.

Barkley >>>>>>>> Malone, at least Chuck would fight Shaq and Oakley, the Letter Carrier picked on 5'11" PGs. I heard next game he went after Spud Webb and then the following year Mugsy was on his hit list.
    While Stockton was no different than any other little guard like Zeke (def dirty) Stockton never gave anyone 40 stitches or knocked them out (Robinson) or knocked their tooth out (Nash) like Malone did. So no, I don't think that Malone was outdone by Stockton or Zeke or almost anyone who I can think of.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    Karl Malone was awesome and was not a racist like Isiah.
    Karl Malone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah
    Karl Malone is so awesome, he completely abandons his daughter, yet Isiah's kids rave about him.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    While Stockton was no different than any other little guard like Zeke (def dirty) Stockton never gave anyone 40 stitches or knocked them out (Robinson) or knocked their tooth out (Nash) like Malone did. So no, I don't think that Malone was outdone by Stockton or Zeke or almost anyone who I can think of.
    It's a well known fact that Stockton was an incredibly dirty player.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    It's a well known fact that Stockton was an incredibly dirty player.
    No shit, I'm pretty sure I didn't deny that and compared him to Zeke who was also dirty. Trying to say he was worse than Malone is foolish. Please give me an example of something he did that even remotely compares to Malones track record .

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This is what happens when you think you're tough and want the bad boy image. You get your smashed in by Karl Malone. Don't act hard unless you your mouth can write checks your body can cash.
    I've got a heavy Pistons bias but... Isiah Thomas never really hit me as a guy trying to sit atop a throne without partaking in a few battles himself. He broke his hand punching people in the face on two different occasions (on a pair of Bill's - Cartwright and Laimbeer), turned in one of the greatest quarters in NBA history on a severely sprained ankle, and generally showed a willingness to face everything head-on, even when it involved brawling.

There's not a lot he could do about stopping himself from bleeding profusely from the head, but it's not as if that was the first time he faced physical resistance. Of all the players throughout NBA history, to make such comments about Isiah Thomas seems particularly out of place. Even if he wasn't the strongest player ever, that feller almost never backed down and always accepted whatever consequences headed his way.