Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

I didn't like the way he tried to get position in the post though. No bend in his knees, didn't get low.... no physical exertion on his part that he wanted the ball down low.

I'd like to see him be more assertive and have a more athletic posture while trying to gain position in the post instead of being straight legged.

Gotta love coach Calhoun. After the Columbia game, coach never happy, makes this great comment: "I'm looking to the game when Jeremy's shot doesn't go and Shabazz has four fouls," Calhoun goes on to say: "Then what happens? … Everyone is telling them we have a good front court. Really?"

And then when we were boxed out and could not fight for a rebound, coach lets this comment fly: "There's no other word to describe it. … Once we get boxed out, we stay boxed out. I told them we should cancel weight training the rest of the year because it's not doing us any good." Coach wants to players to become aggressive on the boards. I think, in time, they will.

Ladies have the court today...Holy Cross.

Let's go, Huskies!!
    Last edited by JellyBean; 11-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.

goood squad deff gonna be a conteder for the crown

Holy crap!!! The ladies just crushed Pacific University 112-53..a 59 point beat down. Kaleena had a nice game, dropping 25 pts. The next game is against Stanford. This should be a good one. Nice win, ladies

Short re-cap of the UConn basketball program.

UConn Men:Ryan Boatright gets a six game suspension for receiving improper benefits during his AAU days. He will be able to play 11/26/11.

Roscoe Smith is rounding into season form for the fellas. Jeremy Lamb continues to lead and heal from an ankle injury. The rest of the team is finding their roles and playing well.

UConn Women: Welcome to the Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis show!! Monday, KML opened eyes across the country, well for those who are not fans of women's basketball. KML played like a vet against a very talent and deep Stanford team. Bria Hartley, Stef Dolson, and KML put the Huskies on their backs and lead the Huskies until the rest of the team woke up. KML was cool. Knocking down shots like Maya Moore use to. Bria, oh that speed!! Looks sharp and ready to lead the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    where you at now? karma is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    where you at now? karma is a bitch
    obviously the first thing I would do is to post in the UCONN thread after UNC loses. makes perfect sense. dumbass.

I already posted in the observation thread.......

**** you.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    obviously the first thing I would do is to post in the UCONN thread after UNC loses. makes perfect sense. dumbass.

I already posted in the observation thread.......

**** you.

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Someone is mad

He even negged me, what a idiot

Men's Hoops: The fellas took one on the chin against UCF in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. However, we battled back against a very tough Florida St team the following day. Also during the FSU game, Ryan Boatright made his UConn debut and he did quite well. Up next for the Huskies is the Big East/SEC Challenge 12/3/11

Women's Hoops: The ladies remain undefeated. Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis is Maya Moore part II. The young lady can play. Bria Hartley smooth as ever. Her game is rounding into classic UConn point guard status. Sue Bird would be proud. Stef Dolson. This young lady continues to impress. By looking at her, you are like "I can out run her or out hustle her." But in an actual game, nothing happening. She is another gem for coach Auriemma. My favorite player, besides Bria and Caroline Doty, is Kelly Farris. She does everything without complaining. She guards the best player, rebounds, scores, and passes and never worries about how many points she has, blocks, or rebounds. It is all about team with her amd you gotta love that. Up next for the Lady Huskies, defending champs Texas A&M.

Go, UConn!!!

We have our 3rd option, and his name is Ryan Boatright!! The kid is nice. He dropped 23 and threw out 6 dimes....5 boards btw. Jermey Lamb got 14. Orlander added 12.

When we had a 3 guard lineup, we took off!!! It was scary good Coach Calhoun has a plan B in mind.

Nice win, fellas!!

Go, Huskies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    We have our 3rd option, and his name is Ryan Boatright!! The kid is nice. He dropped 23 and threw out 6 dimes....5 boards btw. Jermey Lamb got 14. Orlander added 12.

When we had a 3 guard lineup, we took off!!! It was scary good Coach Calhoun has a plan B in mind.

Nice win, fellas!!

Go, Huskies!!!
    It was a nice game, watching Boatright off the bench was a spark for us.
    Nappier wasn't so good like in other games, but still a good overall game.

Curious on UConn fan opinions on Arkansas? I live in Arkansas and, outside of UNC, they are the team I follow the closest and see most of their games. I had to miss the game because I had to be at a high school tournament.

Anyway, I thought Arkansas would lose by around 15, so the final outcome didn't surprise me. On top of that, their best player (Marshawn Powell) tore his ACL earlier in the year and is done for the season, and they are really young. B.J. Young, Ky Madden, Devonta Abron, and Hunter Mickelson are all freshmen and see heavy minutes and/or start. And Mardracus Wade and Rickey Scott are sophomores and both start. In other words, six of our top eight are freshmen or sophomores.

The only players they'll lose off this team are Michael Sanchez (who kinda sucks anyway) and Marvell Waithe and they'll get Marshawn Powell back next year. I think they're a legit top 20-25 team next year.

Heard on the radio B.J. Young had a coming out party for Arkansas, and your freshman guard had one too. Wish I could have seen it.