Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Best rookie season of all-time

There have been 3 players that as rookies you could make a serious argument that they were already the best player in the world..

Wilt
    Kareem
    Bird

And that goes by the only thing that matters ( save the stats ) their impact to how much their team scores vs how much the other team scores.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    There have been 3 players that as rookies you could make a serious argument that they were already the best player in the world..

Wilt
    Kareem
    Bird

And that goes by the only thing that matters ( save the stats ) their impact to how much their team scores vs how much the other team scores.
    I would say that Oscar and Russell also qualify.

Kareem

Decent playground baller

Wilt definitely had the better rookie season than Kareem, but yes I would say Larry and MJ follow those guys in great rookie seasons, and there were others we are failing to mention like maybe Nate tiny archibald, maybe wes unseld, and from the Aba artis Gilmore had a great rookie season. If we include playoffs magic Johnson makes it up there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Bill Russell too. Led the league in rebounds and blocks (I'm assuming the latter) and led his team to a championship.
    Russell did indeed lead the Celts to their first ever title, but the problem was, during the regular season, he missed 24 of their 72 games (and Boston actually played better in the games that he missed.)