Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mike brown

I dislike the moves Brown makes about as much as anybody. I really don't worry about Ebanks though. I wasn't ever really sold on the kid. Just because he looks like Ariza doesn't mean he can ball like him. I'm not really upset with the Artest situation either. He was brought in to play D on a guy like Pierce or Lebron in the finals. He helped LA win a championship. Short term getting Artest was good, but I think everyone knew in the long run there would need to be another option. I hope LA doesn't resign Ebanks at the end of the season. I'd rather see what money LA has go toward a legit starting SF. Hopefully the Lakers can make another run at getting Beasley. Minnesota still needs to move him so that option is still there. Anyway around it, Ebanks isn't the answer. I never really thought he was part of the Lakers future.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I dislike the moves Brown makes about as much as anybody. I really don't worry about Ebanks though. I wasn't ever really sold on the kid. Just because he looks like Ariza doesn't mean he can ball like him. I'm not really upset with the Artest situation either. He was brought in to play D on a guy like Pierce or Lebron in the finals. He helped LA win a championship. Short term getting Artest was good, but I think everyone knew in the long run there would need to be another option. I hope LA doesn't resign Ebanks at the end of the season. I'd rather see what money LA has go toward a legit starting SF. Hopefully the Lakers can make another run at getting Beasley. Minnesota still needs to move him so that option is still there. Anyway around it, Ebanks isn't the answer. I never really thought he was part of the Lakers future.
    Ok, what if Ebanks blows up with another team and we could've had him for only a million dollars.....that's money that has no effect on getting Beasley.
    Bottom line is that Ebanks has a tremendous upside but hasn't been given a chance......Phil hated rookies and Brown is just dumb......remember, Ariza was not highly regarded at all.....too many guys are starting to be passed over by teams without being given a chance......you gotta really test these guys out, they are very cheap, salary cap helpers......why pay 7 million when you have equal overall talent for a million? Find out what you have!!!
    Goudelock also wants out if he's not going to play.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Ok, what if Ebanks blows up with another team and we could've had him for only a million dollars.....that's money that has no effect on getting Beasley.
    Bottom line is that Ebanks has a tremendous upside but hasn't been given a chance......Phil hated rookies and Brown is just dumb......remember, Ariza was not highly regarded at all.....too many guys are starting to be passed over by teams without being given a chance......you gotta really test these guys out, they are very cheap, salary cap helpers......why pay 7 million when you have equal overall talent for a million? Find out what you have!!!
    Goudelock also wants out if he's not going to play.
    I just never see that guy being anything better than mediocre at times. Goudelock already has proven himself IMO (even with the limited time he's had). He was pretty consistent and showed us he can score the ball. While I don't think he deserves a crazy amount of PT he should be part of the rotation. Brown is messing up with him. Trust me, I get what you're saying. I'm one of the people that thinks some of the young guys around the league in general need a bit more of a chance. I just don't see Ebanks as being one of those guys who's really going to help a team.

Goudelock was playing a lot to make up for the aging of our once starting point guard, who severely underachieved this season.

Goudelock was coming in to hit shots and bring a spark. Truth is, 8 man rotations are in every team. We already have the more experienced steve blake playing over goudelock. Then we have barnes for the 3, and then a split between murphy and mcroberts. Tell me now, with Sessions and Blake, both very capable of playing 30 minutes each, where does Goudelock fit?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Goudelock was playing a lot to make up for the aging of our once starting point guard, who severely underachieved this season.

Goudelock was coming in to hit shots and bring a spark. Truth is, 8 man rotations are in every team. We already have the more experienced steve blake playing over goudelock. Then we have barnes for the 3, and then a split between murphy and mcroberts. Tell me now, with Sessions and Blake, both very capable of playing 30 minutes each, where does Goudelock fit?
    Blake is garbage. We get no scoring off the bench.....Goudelock is a definite scorer....that helps solve the problem. Any good coach would realize this.
    Brown doesn't and it's part of the reason we constantly blow huge leads.

NBA lottery pick

I view Goudelock as more of a 2 guard. I think he should be coming in for the few minutes that Kobe comes out. Outside of that, he should be taking some of Blake's minutes. He hasn't played well enough to be a lock to get those minutes. I can also see where the Lakers could play small ball situationally and he could come in some there. Honestly, Murphy is getting way too much PT. He's really not an ideal 4 to be stretching the floor for an offense. I get what's trying to be done with him. I just don't see it as being his specialty.

During the season, teams usually have more than an 8 man rotation. It's when the playoffs start that teams scale back their rotations to 8 guys. Especially in a condensed season like this, the Lakers should be using a few more guys for at least a few minutes. It's not a good idea to burn out the starters. If it was the playoffs I have no problem with the top 8 guys getting all the minutes.

I view Goudelock as more of a 2 guard. I think he should be coming in for the few minutes that Kobe comes out. Outside of that, he should be taking some of Blake's minutes. He hasn't played well enough to be a lock to get those minutes. I can also see where the Lakers could play small ball situationally and he could come in some there. Honestly, Murphy is getting way too much PT. He's really not an ideal 4 to be stretching the floor for an offense. I get what's trying to be done with him. I just don't see it as being his specialty.

During the season, teams usually have more than an 8 man rotation. It's when the playoffs start that teams scale back their rotations to 8 guys. Especially in a condensed season like this, the Lakers should be using a few more guys for at least a few minutes. It's not a good idea to burn out the starters. If it was the playoffs I have no problem with the top 8 guys getting all the minutes.
    This is common sense stuff
    I agree 100%

What you're saying is reasonable. The problem is, those few minutes every game that Kobe sits, usually go to blake, barnes, and even playing time for McRoberts and Murphy. I say this because Murphy used to be the only big to come off the bench to sub for either Bynum or Pau. He was kind of like the Lamar Odom sub we had (obviously not nearly as good). But you get my point.

Now when Pau Gasol sits, there are times when Bynum sits as well with him, so we use both bench bigs, the two point guards, barnes /and or kobe.

If those few minutes are given to Goudelock, everyone on the bench comes off to play much fewer minutes. You'd have 5 guys off the bench hating their minutes, and a DKlaker complaining about that too lol.

During the season, I would say teams still have 8-9 man rotations. We already use 9 guys.

What you're saying is reasonable. The problem is, those few minutes every game that Kobe sits, usually go to blake, barnes, and even playing time for McRoberts and Murphy. I say this because Murphy used to be the only big to come off the bench to sub for either Bynum or Pau. He was kind of like the Lamar Odom sub we had (obviously not nearly as good). But you get my point.

Now when Pau Gasol sits, there are times when Bynum sits as well with him, so we use both bench bigs, the two point guards, barnes /and or kobe.

If those few minutes are given to Goudelock, everyone on the bench comes off to play much fewer minutes. You'd have 5 guys off the bench hating their minutes, and a DKlaker complaining about that too lol.

During the season, I would say teams still have 8-9 man rotations. We already use 9 guys.
    Again......you don't seem to understand how condensed the schedule is and what that does to your body We have to have these guys in top shape for the playoffs. You are also missing the fact that Kobe is playing so many minutes because the bench cannot score....well, the best scorer on the bench is not getting to play.....let him play and you can rest Kobe more.....common sense. Do you see what Coach Pop is doing??? See how many guys are getting playing time???
    Don't you realize that he is by far the best coach in the NBA now????

Oh.....and Blake? He's a bust who hasn't earned the minutes he's getting.
    Goudelock has outplayed him.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I'm mainly saying rest the starters a bit more and take a bit of Murphy's time.

Local High School Star

Yeah, I'm mainly saying rest the starters a bit more and take a bit of Murphy's time.
    With 15 games to go it's time to tighten the rotations for the playoff run. The time for playing guys who will be sitting on the bench in the playoffs is over, they had their time to prove their value. Time to get the guys who'll be playing the bulk minutes ready for the next stage of the season.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=B

I'm saying this should have happened all season long though. Just one of the many disappointments of Mike Brown this season. I already said for the playoffs teams have 8 man rotations and I have no problem with the top 8 playing the most. The problem is we don't know if the top 8 would have been slightly different had a few other people got some PT earlier on. You have to admit, Brown's rotations have been terrible this year. It's not like Cleveland fans didn't have this problem either.
    2 things.....right now we have no answer for Westbrook if we face OKC, unless we think Kobe can switch to him effectively like he did before. I think Ebanks could be effective in doing the job for at least a few minutes.....probably better than anyone other than Kobe......sort of like how Phil used Lue on Iverson.

Goudelock flat out needs to play, if he doesn't I don't like our chances with the total lack of bench scoring.

Mike Brown very clearly has screwed up all season......thankfully McRoberts is now getting playing time......but why the Fk did it ever stop???? More of Brown's cluelessness.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

[QUOTE=B

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    2 things.....right now we have no answer for Westbrook if we face OKC, unless we think Kobe can switch to him effectively like he did before. I think Ebanks could be effective in doing the job for at least a few minutes.....probably better than anyone other than Kobe......sort of like how Phil used Lue on Iverson.

Goudelock flat out needs to play, if he doesn't I don't like our chances with the total lack of bench scoring.

Mike Brown very clearly has screwed up all season......thankfully McRoberts is now getting playing time......but why the Fk did it ever stop???? More of Brown's cluelessness.
    No team in the NBA really has an answer for Westbrook though. He's just a beast. I think teams take the wrong approach to beating OKC and if the Lakers had a coach to plan out the strategy correctly they would be a huge match up problem for the Thunder. A guy like Artest can give Durant a lot of problems in the post season. The thing with Durant is you have to be physical with him and make him take as many jumpers as possible and not get easy buckets. Of course he's not going to be shut down either. As long as Westbrook and Durant are working for their buckets and tired on D I don't care if they both score 30. That team only has one other scorer in Harden. Shut him down. Kobe could lock him. OKC doesn't have a big man that can score with their back to the basket. The Lakers have a huge advantage with points in the paint. I think OKC is a team that could be held to less than 90 ppg. If you're holding a team to less than 90 you should have a chance to win every game.