Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Actually I'm pretty much a Brooklyn Nets fan these days. I was too young for glory days of the Knicks and my Dad was a Dave Cowens fan, so I grew up a as a Celtics fan even before they drafted Bird, but I haven't been a hardcore fan of any team sine I was in my 20's. Actually when I joined ISH it was part of return to basketball fandom brought on by the Magic-Bird nostalgia that was going around. I did, of course, root for the Celtics against LA in recent years.

Courtship of Rivals?....

the greatest basketball ever...

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - "KevinNYC" seems to know alot about a wide range of subjects ( i've talked to him about Politics all the way to Fossil Fuels)...and although we argue about certain things...he seems to know alot about many diffrent avenue's..
    Agreed, I have different political views, but respect his knowledge and am very impressed with his knowledge on a variety of subjects.

I'd also mention ThaRegul8r, Psileas, Fatal9(doesn't post here anymore,though) and KBlaze off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting some, but I primarily post on the NBA board.

Courtship of Rivals?....

the greatest basketball ever...
    That and the Book When the Game was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Agreed, I have different political views, but respect his knowledge and am very impressed with his knowledge on a variety of subjects.

I'd also mention ThaRegul8r, Psileas, Fatal9(doesn't post here anymore,though) and KBlaze off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting some, but I primarily post on the NBA board.

Yeah I hardly ever see you on the OT boards....

But you are one of the best/smartest NBA Posters here...always look forward to reading yo BBALL posts....

Ikill......

   

brooklyn nets, eh?

OT: The discussion here (on the NBA Board, don't spend much time on OTC) is definitely at a higher level than it was at my last stop (ESPN NBA General, ugh ). If you parse out the trolling, this is probably the best basketball forum out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    OT: The discussion here (on the NBA Board, don't spend much time on OTC) is definitely at a higher level than it was at my last stop (ESPN NBA General, ugh ). If you parse out the trolling, this is probably the best basketball forum out there.
    I would say RGM has the best pure basketball talk. This place is way too diluted with Kobe And Lebron talk, and isn't moderated enough IMO. However the OTC has its great moments, although it used to have more interesting characters a couple years back

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I would say RGM has the best pure basketball talk. This place is way too diluted with Kobe And Lebron talk, and isn't moderated enough IMO. However the OTC has its great moments, although it used to have more interesting characters a couple years back

by pure do you mean Modded to the point that everyone just regurjitates the same tired ____________( fill in copy and pasted stats from BR)

Nothing pure at all from RGM....they mainly have the same tired topics up all week ( lots of them copied from ISH)....and of course its modded to death so you have less troll topics.....but it also provides zero fun interaction.

I have an account for there for over 5 years .......Place is dead now ....

Knowlegable posters and stupid Trolls>overly Modded site with posters posting stats like spam bots.

by pure do you mean Modded to the point that everyone just regurjitates the same tired ____________( fill in copy and pasted stats from BR)

Nothing pure at all from RGM....they mainly have the same tired topics up all week ( lots of them copied from ISH)....and of course its modded to death so you have less troll topics.....but it also provides zero fun interaction.

I have an account for there for over 5 years .......Place is dead now ....

Knowlegable posters and stupid Trolls>overly Modded site with posters posting stats like spam bots.
    Well personally, I usually take my talents to the Raptors board and I can say that without a doubt, the topics there are more in depth and thought out (when not in full panic mode, or sheep mode) than anything close to here. From proper cap breakdowns, to playbook dissecting, just more advanced critical thinking in general.

The main general board is somewhat boring I tend to agree but again, much more mature and less cluttered than over here. I will go back and forth between the two as my personal preference

You can't judge a persons intelligence on a forum.

Some of the more intelligent posters here in reality are trolls on this site.

The ones that put in effort to appear smart are often not that intelligent at all.

If you are an American you are coming from pretty far back too.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Well personally, I usually take my talents to the Raptors board and I can say that without a doubt, the topics there are more in depth and thought out (when not in full panic mode, or sheep mode) than anything close to here. From proper cap breakdowns, to playbook dissecting, just more advanced critical thinking in general.

The main general board is somewhat boring I tend to agree but again, much more mature and less cluttered than over here. I will go back and forth between the two as my personal preference

I could see that.....ISH is to Mosswood park and Rucker as RGM is to Brown University YMCA and the Princeton offense.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I find that difficult to believe. Trolling is 24/7 and eventually infiltrates everything. Even the people who don't troll are almost always carrying agendas.

To me there are a couple great posters who you can have engaging discussions.

Anyway I joined the site because Dklaer is a tactical genius

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Green"]Thanks for nothing.

Spell&Grammar[/COLOR][/FONT]

   

people who seldom if ever try to draw attention to themselves but who consistently find excellent points to make in a low-key, friendly way. you'd almost think that they're aussie or some shite. :P

miller-time