Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Let s be real: Hibbert is the best center in the league

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    So shaq was never the best center in the league?

[COLOR="White"]Note: I am not saying Dwight is close to Shaq. Just pointing out that being a bad FT shooter does not exclude one from being the best center in the league.[/COLOR]
    SHAQ AVG 30PPG,13 REBS,3 BLKS AND DWIGHT NEVER AVERAGE MORE THAN 22 PPG

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    So Hibbert beasts against Ekpe Udoh, Miroslav Raduljica, and Zaza Pachulia = Best Center ?

How come the best center got locked up vs Marc Gasol last game they played and he scored 3 points on 1-4 shooting 7 rebounds ? Had 5 blocks, but the Stephenson and George won that game for the Pacers.

Yeah, impacts the game more than any center.

Hibbert is like the Mark Eaton of this era. Hibbert is slightly better at scoring, but he does almost nothing else better than Eaton. Don't think Eaton ever got considered the best center in the league, even though he anchored the best defense in the league on multiple occasions.
    HE CAN HOOKS WITH BOTH HANDS,SHOTS FROM 17 FT,MUCH BETTER THAN DWIGHT ONLY CAN DUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    HE CAN HOOKS WITH BOTH HANDS,SHOTS FROM 17 FT,MUCH BETTER THAN DWIGHT ONLY CAN DUNK
    I never said anything about Howard.

Hibbert's not the best center in the league, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I never said anything about Howard.

Hibbert's not the best center in the league, though.
    It amazes me that Hibbert is getting so much hype here for what is basically a 10-10-5 .500 FG% season (so far.)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    It amazes me that Hibbert is getting so much hype here for what is basically a 10-10-5 .500 FG% season (so far.)
    It's funny to me. This era centers have been garbage since Duncan/Shaq got done.

I like Hibbert, but I feel like he should put up much better scoring numbers considering how well he moves for a man of his size. Also has a nice touch on his hook shot and can even hit a mid range jumper every once in a while. For some reason that just hasn't translated into good offensive numbers. He's arguably the best defensive player in the league though.

Hibbert >>> Wilt aka poor mans Mcgee

umad?

It's just a prisoner of the moment reaction, as usual.

If Howard, Gasol, Duncan, etc... score 3 points 7 rebounds 5 block game, while their wing players absolutely dominate the last game they played, you could have sworn they were role players.

And yeah, the line is basically very Mark Eaton-esque. Nothing wrong with saying Hibbert=Eaton either, Eaton was a beast on defense. Best center ? He's too inconsistent. A fine fit for the Pacers, but that team will have either George, Stephenson, or Hibbert set the tone and if Granger ever returns to form, him too.

If it was really Hibbert's team, he would be commanding Top MVP consideration, DPOY consideration, and averaging much more minutes and numbers. As of now, that's not even him. It's Paul George for the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Hibbert >>> Wilt aka poor mans Mcgee

umad?
    You would be hard-pressed to find single games in Wilt's career...in which he played so poorly (10-10-5 .500 FG% numbers.)

You would be hard-pressed to find single games in Wilt's career...in which he played so poorly (10-10-5 .500 FG% numbers.)
    Prime Wilt would be a bench player today..

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Prime Wilt would be a bench player today..
    Yep... a player who was nearly 7-2, and would be measured at over 7-3 in today's NBA, with a 7-8 wingspan, 280-310 lbs, with track speed and a college high-jump champion...would be a bench player in today's NBA. Probably be backing up someone like Chuck Hayes.

Very good NBA starter

Yep... a player who was nearly 7-2, and would be measured at over 7-3 in today's NBA, with a 7-8 wingspan, 280-310 lbs, with track speed and a college high-jump champion...would be a bench player in today's NBA. Probably be backing up someone like Chuck Hayes.
    Even through I diss Wilt a lot no way he doesn't put up some amazing numbers today. He would definitely be a defensive player of the year. He was a freak of nature in terms of length and height. He got Orlando Dwight explosiveness, but taller and bigger.

Local High School Star

in just less than 30 mpg,9 fga

Local High School Star

but wilt is soft mentally

I don't care how crazy it sounds, I'd rather have Hibbert than Dwight Howard.