Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Duncan won't surpass Kobe.....

...and here's why, it's very easy, if Spurs beat Miami, Duncan will never surpass Kobe because he's never defended his title and go back to back. That is why I have Kobe ahead of Duncan.

We know for a fact that every time Kobe wins a championship, he has gone to win another one. Duncan has won many rings, to his credit, but he can never defend his title. Defending your title is what makes players become legends.

Banned

Default Re: Duncan won't surpass Kobe.....

Ban.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dwight Shrute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    ...and here's why, it's very easy, if Spurs beat Miami, Duncan will never surpass Kobe because he's never defended his title and go back to back. That is why I have Kobe ahead of Duncan.

We know for a fact that every time Kobe wins a championship, he has gone to win another one. Duncan has won many rings, to his credit, but he can never defend his title. Defending your title is what makes players become legends.

Did you say Kobe or Shaq?

Because Shaq was the leader of the 3peat

Wow. That's an incredibly arbitrary criteria but I guess it's the last possible straw to grasp.

Troll who tries to provoke you

2 solid MVPs BEATS 1 consolation MVP
    3 solid FMVPs BEATS 1 solid FMVP & 1 weak FMVP
    1 rookie of the yr BEATS bench warming teenage legacy

4 championships as LEADER beats 2 championships as leader & 3 championships as d*** rider.

Next...

Earned not given

I know, How can u surpass something that youare already in front of, You can't lap someone in a straight line form of ranking, exactly OP.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Who the fukk said Kobe is ahead of Duncan in the first place ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Who the fukk said Kobe is ahead of Duncan in the first place ?
    Many people do for this same reason. It's the Kobe haters that put Duncan ahead of Kobe.

I have been arguing this for years and never needed to bring it up but out of the top 10 greats of all time, Duncan has never went back to back.

Repeating is something that's very underrated. Shaq did it. Hakeem did it. MJ too.

If you want to look up past champions and FMVP, what separates a majority of these guys is their ability to repeat.

Did the phrase.....back to back....3peat....4peat mean anything to you guys?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    2 solid MVPs BEATS 1 consolation MVP
    3 solid FMVPs BEATS 1 solid FMVP & 1 weak FMVP
    1 rookie of the yr BEATS bench warming teenage legacy

4 championships as LEADER beats 2 championships as leader & 3 championships as d*** rider.

Next...
    Kobe can string titles together. Duncan wins once every 3 years on average. 3 years is enough time to rebuild and win.

Lakers have been stringing Finals wins and appearances.

Impressively enough, each new thread started by the OP is more ignorant and worse than the last thread he started.

Decent playground baller nosfan773's Avatar

Kobestan coming to grips with the lose-lose situation he/she is about to face the next two weeks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wow. That's an incredibly arbitrary criteria but I guess it's the last possible straw to grasp.
    It's not the last straw. It has always been a criteria. A guy winning twice in 5 years isn't as good as the guy that goes back to back. It has been that way for years.

You just heard of it now because I didn't need to remind people this. Now that Duncan is back in the Finals and people are saying he's going to pass Kobe, I have to remind people of this.

Hakeem would not be where he's at if it wasn't for his back to back titles.

Banned

It's the Kobe haters that put Duncan ahead of Kobe.
    Or people with sense.

Your argument is booty chatter, nothing more.

Many people do for this same reason. It's the Kobe haters that put Duncan ahead of Kobe.

I have been arguing this for years and never needed to bring it up but out of the top 10 greats of all time, Duncan has never went back to back.

Repeating is something that's very underrated. Shaq did it. Hakeem did it. MJ too.

If you want to look up past champions and FMVP, what separates a majority of these guys is their ability to repeat.

Did the phrase.....back to back....3peat....4peat mean anything to you guys?
    Its only the kobetards that put kobe ahead of duncan not the other way around