Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Sakkreth
Raps

Default Picking a team.

So I wanna start following NFL. I am from Europe, from Lithuania to be exact, the country where most people think that rugby and american football is the same thing. I am not entirely new to NFL, I was following it a bit around 8 years ago, back then I had my clear favourite team, it was Rams and my favourite player was.. .well it's not hard to guess I think, Marshall Faulk. I also liked Bucs, well mainly only because that team had the only player from my country WR Jurevicius.

Now, with no idea of how good teams are and stuff (no I don't wanna pick strongest team), and what players play for the teams, well ofc I know few like Vick, Favre, Brady etc. I want to pick new favourite team, because that way it's a lot more fun to follow the whole thing.

So... my first teams I thought about were Vikings, Packers (those two are kinda in rivalry if I am not mistaken, atleast from the older times) Rams and Ravens.

What are your thoughts guys ?
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: Picking a team.

Tampa Bay has a pretty good young core of guys. Why not jump back on them?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Just watch a handful of games, many as it takes; maybe a full year, until you feel yourself gravitate towards someone. You know how fandom works, can't just have people tell you "hey, you should like this team because X." Just watch until you find someone you like.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Go with someone crummy and (presumably) watch them work their way from the bottom up. The immediate gratification isn't there, but it will pay off in the end (or, that's what I like to tell myself)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Hey, Dalton looked surprisingly solid. Against the Browns, but still.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
jazz873
National High School Star

Packers

I need a fellow fan here to chat with
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Vikings are eh, Peterson is fun to watch but they have a new HC, weak OL, no downfield threats at WR so its not hard to defend their pass, a QB well after his prime. Might be a frustrating watch if you picked them.

Stl Rams were one of those young teams with Sam Bradford 2nd yr guy at the helm. But injuries have already b!tchslapped them. There are no Marshall Faulks on that team and really they dont have any star studded players you might take an interest in to follow them regardless.

TB Bucs is a young upcoming team. Might be worth giving them a look. They have some players that you might like. Josh Freeman has a nice arm, can run if need be. Blount is a rugged RB, straight smash mouth (not like Faulk in running styles) and WR Mike Williams.

GB Packers have one of the best offenses in the NFL and maybe the best passing attack in the NFL. Just won the SB, so its a team bandwagoners like. They have star studded personalities on both sides of the ball. Team is going to be tough to beat in the playoffs.

Ravens are a nice team to root for. They finally added some weapons on offense outside of just a rushing attack. RB you got Rice and Ricky Williams, nice RB duo there. Then Boldin/Lee Evans at WR. Really good OL and a young QB with good tools. Defense has been their forte and they still are dope. Just kicked the living sh!t out of Pittsburgh. Ravens might be a team you should consider watching. Real good team if you dont want to pick the strongest teams in the NFL (like GB).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
Sakkreth
Raps

So many replies in a short time, thanks guys. Gonna watch the games, and I'll decide my favourite team within time, but thing is I cannot watch all the games, so I need to pick games, for tonight I picked Bucs vs Vikings.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Since we're talking up our own teams, you could watch Indy struggle this year to maybe 5ish wins and get either a Reggie Wayne replacement (if not better) or a studly back 7 defender while having plenty of meaningful games to watch in Manning's twilight and then see how they handle replacing the best football player ever, that's always a pretty interesting thing to see.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: