Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1151585960616263 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

I pretty much haven't been able to play the game because I don't want to start my association/my player with inaccurate rosters, then feel shit when I'm halfway through a season and new rosters come out with the missing players in them.

I'm a realism freak and I'm sure their would be plenty of people just like me out there. 2k is a disgrace.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    I pretty much haven't been able to play the game because I don't want to start my association/my player with inaccurate rosters, then feel shit when I'm halfway through a season and new rosters come out with the missing players in them.

I'm a realism freak and I'm sure their would be plenty of people just like me out there. 2k is a disgrace.
    by the time you get a season into your own myplayer/assocation your league has changed through trades any way. Which IS realistic that the rosters would change rather then stay on the real world rosters for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    by the time you get a season into your own myplayer/assocation your league has changed through trades any way. Which IS realistic that the rosters would change rather then stay on the real world rosters for ever.
    The in game trades and signing/releases are fine because it's part of the game. But I just want the numerous missing players in the game. Like I want to play my association with Portland yet Claver and Freeland are missing. Two players aren't on the roster and that's annoying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    The in game trades and signing/releases are fine because it's part of the game. But I just want the numerous missing players in the game. Like I want to play my association with Portland yet Claver and Freeland are missing. Two players aren't on the roster and that's annoying.
    Misunderstood I thought you meant you want you rosters accurate in your game. I agree the rosters are still missing players who were active on opening day which sucks. I also really enjoyed having the d-league hopefully it's been taken out to prepare for an overhaul next 2k release that includes real d-league players.

2K13 is great and all, but I somewhat regret forking over the $55 for it when I could've just bought 2K12 for $19. All I play is the MyCareer mode anyway, so shit... I could've just gone with 2K11.

There's no denying this game is better than the previous two, but only by so much. 2K11 had that awesome "MJ's Greatest Games" mode and 2K12 had the legends mode. 2K13? They added MyTeam, but it's wack because it takes too long to build up your roster, unless you pay for the VC.

The new roster update (1st of the season) is embarrassing. They've added a total of 3 new players (27 still missing) and changed the ratings on a whopping 2 players (Harden and Lillard). 2K is horrendous at providing thorough roster updates, this is a huge letdown and pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    2K13 is great and all, but I somewhat regret forking over the $55 for it when I could've just bought 2K12 for $19. All I play is the MyCareer mode anyway, so shit... I could've just gone with 2K11.

There's no denying this game is better than the previous two, but only by so much. 2K11 had that awesome "MJ's Greatest Games" mode and 2K12 had the legends mode. 2K13? They added MyTeam, but it's wack because it takes too long to build up your roster, unless you pay for the VC.
    Tried playing MyTeam, but got fed up with it since people just quit when they're getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    The new roster update (1st of the season) is embarrassing. They've added a total of 3 new players (27 still missing) and changed the ratings on a whopping 2 players (Harden and Lillard). 2K is horrendous at providing thorough roster updates, this is a huge letdown and pisses me off.
    Roster updates? They're terrible at providing game updates in general.

We haven't been given many of the new alternative jerseys either...

If anyone plays on PC like I do, I highly recomend downloading 'Laroster Update 6'. It's a great roster and has every missing player with correct cyber faces and such. Only had to tweak some player potentials to my liking

If anyone else is annoyed by how often the ai attacks the basket especially after fast breaks i recommend mkharsh33s sliders for a realistic game play experience

Offense
    Inside Shot Success 44 / 46
    Close Shot Success 44 / 46
    Mid-Range Success 48 / 51
    3PT Success 45 / 48
    Layup Success 50
    Dunk in Traffic Frequency 45
    Dunk in Traffic Success 45
    Pass Accuracy 48 / 38
    Alley-Oop Success 47
    Contact Shot Success 46

Defense
    Driving Contact Shot Frequency 100
    Inside Contact Shot Frequency 100
    Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF 60
    Layup Defense Strength RELEASE 55
    Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER 45
    Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE 45
    Help Defense Strength 75
    Steal Success 50

Attributes
    Quickness 45 / 44
    Vertical 50
    Strength 50
    Stamina 50
    Speed 45 / 44
    Durability 50
    Hustle 75 / 25
    Ball Handling 47
    Hands 50
    Dunking Ability 50
    On-Ball Defense 60
    Stealing 50 / 45
    Blocking 100
    Offensive Awareness 50 / 75
    Defensive Awareness 100
    Offensive Rebounding 55 / 45
    Defensive Rebounding 100
    Consistency 0 / 75
    Fatigue Rate 57
    Injury Frequency 60
    Injury Severity 50

Tendencies
    Take Inside Shots 25
    Take Close Shots 25
    Take Mid-Range Shots 45
    Take 3Pt Shots 50
    Post Shots 100
    Attack the Basket 0
    Look for Post Players 100
    Throw Alley-Oops 50
    Attempt Dunks 40
    Attempt Putbacks 100
    Play Passing Lanes 15
    Go for On-Ball Steals 40
    Contest Shots 100
    Backdoor Cuts 0

Fouls
    Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
    Charging Foul Frequency 100
    Blocking Foul Frequency 100
    Reaching Foul Frequency 100
    Shooting Foul Frequency 100
    Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

Difficulty All-Star
    Game Style Custom (start by inputting at "All Star / Simulation")
    Game Speed 52
    Quarter length 11 Minutes
    (Association Sim Quarter length 12 Minutes)
    Fatigue On
    Injuries On
    Shooting Type Real Player %
    FT Shooting Type Real Player %
    Free Throw Difficulty 100

My Controller - Controller Settings:
    Automatic Shot Contest - Intense-D
    Defensive Assist Strength 100

i also recommend setting run plays to 0 in all the coaching profiles(or you could just download the os sim collab roster)

sourceshttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-sliders.html
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-basket.html
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar

My Player has improved from 2k11 to 2k13. So you save a few bucks to miss out on new features, upgrades and improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    My Player has improved from 2k11 to 2k13. So you save a few bucks to miss out on new features, upgrades and improvements.
    As it turns out, I currently own 2K13, so I didn't save the few bucks or miss out on the new features at all.

I've owned the 2K series from 2K11 through 2K13, so I know about the changes. My favorite was 2K12 simply because of the legend's mode, but 2K13 is definitely an improvement in game play.

Im thinking of buying this game soon. I didn't get 2k12, I have 2k11. I played 2k13 a couple times with some friends and I can tell that they fixed up a lot.

I just want to get consensus from the people here, should I buy it? I loved crew mode but they didn't put back in. I love my player and my team looks great too.