Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I can't believe Basketball is the 9th most popular sport in the world...

I'm not surprised. In America, it's not even the most popular sport (football is... the NFL kind, not the MLS kind).

This f orum sucks dick

Default Re: I can't believe Basketball is the 9th most popular sport in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    I love basketball but I think cricket is more popular than basketball. Just because we have a lot of Indians.
    Lol no it's not. Cricket is only popular in India and nobody likes India. Basketball and Football is way more popular. You know how many people watched the Superbowl last season worldwide? 3 Billion people.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

No fukking way, basketball is no.2 and I don't need to read any retarded report to know this.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    Lol no it's not. Cricket is only popular in India and nobody likes India. Basketball and Football is way more popular. You know how many people watched the Superbowl last season worldwide? 3 Billion people.

Are you retarded? Do you even know how many people are there in the world??

Where the hell did you pull that stat out? From your ass?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    I'm not surprised. In America, it's not even the most popular sport (football is... the NFL kind, not the MLS kind).
    By a country mile too.

Nothing even comes close to football. The biggest question is whether or not basketball is even second on the list. I believe, in general, the World Series gets higher ratings than the NBA Finals.

And I got a big laugh at the 3 billion people watching the Super Bowl. I think it generally gets 110+ million viewers in America. That's still a huge number, but 3 billion?
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 08-28-2013 at 12:07 AM.

This f orum sucks dick

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Are you retarded? Do you even know how many people are there in the world??
    7 Billion. And you're retarded. Football is the 2nd most watch sport in the world aside from Soccer. In a study done by espn in different regions of the world, they asked people their favorite athlete and 10% said Tom Brady while other football players made the list too. Shush Kid, you don't know shit.

Lol no it's not. Cricket is only popular in India and nobody likes India.
    That's not true. Cricket is popular not only in India but also in the Commonwealth (former British colonies), countries such as England, Australia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc. So that's about 2 billion population which dwarfs the US.

This f orum sucks dick

That's not true. Cricket is popular not only in India but also in the Commonwealth (former British colonies), countries such as England, Australia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc. So that's about 2 billion population which dwarfs the US.
    No it's not get your facts straight. Fact is cricket is nothing compared to Soccer, football, and Basketball although it may be in the top 10, it's definitely not more popular. How many people veiwed the Cricket National championship crack or whatever they have? 3 Billion people worldwide watch the Superbowl. You're in denial.

The rankings are by participation not viewership or fans of a sport

And South Africa, Zimbabwe, West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand... very popular sport.

No it's not get your facts straight. Fact is cricket is nothing compared to Soccer, football, and Basketball although it may be in the top 10, it's definitely not more popular. How many people veiwed the Cricket National championship crack or whatever they have? 3 Billion people worldwide watch the Superbowl. You're in denial.
    You're the one in denial, dude. Here's the viewership for the ICC Cricket World Cup (from Wikipedia):

The tournament is the world's third largest (with only the FIFA World Cup and the Summer Olympics exceeding it), being televised in over 200 countries to over 2.2 billion television viewers.[45][46][47][48] Television rights, mainly for the 2011 and 2015 World Cup, were sold for over US$1.1 billion,[49] and sponsorship rights were sold for a further US$500 million.[50] The 2003 Cricket World Cup matches were attended by 626,845 people,[51] while the 2007 Cricket World Cup sold more than 672,000 tickets.
    Now tell me where you got that 3 billion figure for the Super Bowl.

BTW, I don't even watch cricket. I can never understand that sport.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    According to this...

http://www.top10always.com/top-10-sp...played-sports/

I always thought Basketball is the 2nd most popular behind soccer or at least top 4 because of its worldwide popularity.

Seriously though, its screwed because Basketball is waaaaayyyyy more popular then that. Of course, soccer will always be no.1 because of its accessibility such that even poor nations can play. You don't even need a goalpost, just use two shoes as markers.

Field hockey 2nd? That's ridiculous, i don't even know one field hockey player. Plus you need a hockey rink and every player needs a hockey stick. Its not as accessible as basketball.

I can understand Cricket as 3rd because Indians are crazy about it and India is a big country. But that again, most of the fans/players are purely concentrated in India.

I mean we have Yao that has already convinced potentially billions of people to watch Basketball (Because of China), and in countries like Philippines its their national sport. Europe is also ultra-competitive in Basketball.

Honestly, I don't see basketball being anywhere besides 2nd. Its ridiculous someone thinks its 9th.

How many other countries have you lived in to know what the rest of the world likes?

This f orum sucks dick

You're the one in denial, dude. Here's the viewership for the ICC Cricket World Cup (from Wikipedia):

Now tell me where you got that 3 billion figure for the Super Bowl.

BTW, I don't even watch cricket. I can never understand that sport.
    lol Wikipedia get out of here kid.

lol Wikipedia get out of here kid.
    You can go to the Wikipedia page and follow the sources (in numbers). It's not like they just made up the stats without backing it up with sources.

Now show me your sources for that "3 billion Super Bowl viewers" claim.