Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default ISH throughout the years

Let's compare the 1st page of the Main Forum.

I've taken the captures of the main forum 1st page for several dates during the same period of each year in the equation, each time using the same day+month of the year, or comparable days, making sure not to compare weekends with weekdays etc. I've come to the following representative numbers for each year:

Some notes:
    - 2007 wasn't a great year. Don't know why.
    - 2010 was a terrific year. Mainly because some posters had GREAT sticky posts. For example, Stro Show's daily Post thread and Stro Show's Daily Buy thread. Where did he go? He was extremely valuable to this site (and to Jeff's income). Sidenote: one of these StroShow topics was stickied. This helped a lot, but it also shows wehad some GREAt posters back then.
    - 2016 has been a good year for views, but the worst year when it comes to replies. Could mean we have a lot of lurkers. Or a lot of F5's. Traffic is trafffic, I guess.
    Last edited by LootOP; 04-11-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Default Re: ISH throughout the years

Informative data Loot. This will help us guide InsideHoops in the right direction.

Damn, 2010 just said **** y'all and took a massive shit on every year's head. Absolute obliteration.

Banned

I stopped posting there.

When I was an unknown i would hit 100 replies easily. Multiple 400 reply threads.

We use to have friendly competition with one another, laker fans, to see who can outdo one another.

This was around kobe's second run back to back.

As a matter of fact, I had a nickname for making hit threads.

Kenny griffin and i were kings.

If i felt motivated i can do it again with an alternate account. Im too well known now.

Banned

Jeff should post some stats from his archive. This, after all, is a simplification and this data can be influenced by several great (stickied) threads. For example, I've excluded the "InsideHoops Forum Guidelines, Feedback" thread each year, since it would skew the stats in favor of recent years.

Banned

Naw bro...stickies didn't do jack.

There is a correlation from NBA ratings to message boards. We use to have HUGE game threads. The early East Coast games and then the West Coast games with the Lakers. Kobe and company generated a lot of buzz.

I haven't posted in the NBA board regularly and the game threads are slow. We went from Kobe crashing ISH to barely having 100 replies on a Lakers game thread.

Huge game threads...follow it up by massive troll threads = Numbers.

You just can't do that anymore with the players like Lebron or Curry.

Kobe threads about his greatness legitimately threatened all time rankings and will get people to talk about him vs. Michael Jordan. You're not going to get that with Lebron or Curry and this is a record breaking year too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Naw bro...stickies didn't do jack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LootOP

You want to bring up a sticky with 100k views and 4000 replies and compare that to our game threads for that year? A Kobe championship year. The numbers of ISH was greatly increased due to Kobe and company.

Those game threads are easy views and replies. Then you succeed it with all the troll bait threads after a game and you have instant numbers. Till the mods would delete them. You're not accounting for the deleted threads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

You want to bring up a sticky with 100k views and 4000 replies and compare that to our game threads for that year? A Kobe championship year. The numbers of ISH was greatly increased due to Kobe and company.

Those game threads are easy views and replies. Then you succeed it with all the troll bait threads after a game and you have instant numbers. Till the mods would delete them. You're not accounting for the deleted threads.
    Only reason I posted the screenshot is to show you the notion 'Stickies didn't do jack' is false.

Deleted threads, obviously, aren't accounted for in any year. Game Threads probably were around on the 1st page of every year, much like there were one or two on the occasions I've checked for 2016. Game threads aren't really doing that well anymore.

2016 can be a good year if Jeff improve this forum. Allow every user to use a forum signature, and only allow 2 accounts per poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    2016 can be a good year if Jeff improve this forum. Allow every user to use a forum signature, and only allow 2 accounts per poster.
    Signatures are shit, unless heavily restricted in size.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Not sure about the multiple accounts per user either.

Restricted in size just like in Prosportsdaily.

Quote Originally Posted by LootOP
    Not sure about the multiple accounts per user either.
    Absolutely undoable unfortunately. I can log 10+ accounts from a singe PC, there are so many tools, vpns, proxies, virtual machines, etc.
    Last edited by fiddy; 04-11-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Banned

Absolutely undoable unfortunately. I can log 10+ accounts from a singe PC, there are so many tools, vpn, proxies, virtual machines, etc.
    Sure, but why "allow" it.