Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Why doesnt everyone move to California?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    I would believe this if it weren't completely false.

Bush almost single-handedly collapsed this country's economy. He literally broke the law and maintained a war with no approval from other branches of government (how the **** did he not get impeached?!). He basically destroyed everything that Clinton AND HIS OWN FATHER built.

Again, our world completely changed with Obama. He wasted a shit ton of money early on bailing out this backward ass companies, but now millions of Americans are benefiting from the healthcare bill he backed. A bunch of social policies have changed under his presidency. I'm not real sure how this is disputable. I wonder what else he could have done if he wasn't cockblocked by republicans for 6 years. Yes, he overspent A LOT, but at least the citizens see something from it...other than dead relatives (thanks Bush).

If you think these are the same, you have something wrong in your head.
    Right there, is the moment I knew you didn't know what you were talking about.

The U.S. Congress has granted President George W. Bush the authorization he sought to wage war if necessary to disarm Iraq, as the Senate followed the House of Representatives to support him with overwhelming votes.

Handing Bush a major victory, the Democratic-led Senate voted 77-23 for a war powers resolution negotiated between the White House and congressional leaders backing a possible use of force to rid Iraq of suspected weapons of mass destruction and possibly oust Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

The Republican-led House earlier on Thursday passed it 296-133.
    Your Democrat Senate voted for it dumbass.

Default Re: Why doesnt everyone move to California?

Not really sure where you are getting your info but The War Powers Resolution requires the president notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. Congress never declared war against Afghanistan or against anyone. There is technically no state of war today against anyone as a matter of constitutional law as formally declared (they only passed a resolution supporting the war). He also lied about "weapons of mass destruction" and therefor negating his entire basis for war in the first place. He basically used a loophole to acquire "authorization of force." Literally one of the worst presidents ever...not debatable.

BTW, I love how you neglected the other truths in my post UK2K.

Edit: I agree that the Democratic congress had no balls hence why I posted this in my first post here: "democrats not accomplishing what they were voted to do." Read my posts carefully please and stop jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Dbrog; 09-01-2015 at 04:31 PM.