Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
KB24Fan
I hit open layups

Default Top Ten Reason The Suns Will Never Win A Championship

1.steve nash doenst play with enough heart
2.what championship caliber team plays with an 7 man rotation
3.trade talks about sending your best player away(amare stoudimere)
4.trade talks about sending your all-star do everything player away(shawn marion)
5.the spurs are just better
6.i hate to say it your just one player away
7.i think the cardinals are pulling you guys down
8.great regular season team but get scared when they know they got the mavericks or the spurs coming up in the playoffs.
9.thinking grant hill is the missing piece he just one rough night with tamia from missing a big span of games
10.and my top ten reason why the suns will never win a championship. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Last edited by Rab : 07-16-2007 at 04:07 PM.
KB24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Top Ten Reason The Suns Will Never Win A Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24Fan
4.trade talks about sending your all-star do everything player away(shawn marion)
8.great regular season team but get scared when they know they got the mavericks or the spurs coming up in the playoffs.
9.thinking grant hill is the missing piece he just one rough night with tamia from missing a big span of games
10.and my top ten reason why the suns will never win a championship DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
dude im pretty dang aphauled and downright offended and this horsecrap and now ill back it up and shut down every point you make with legit arguments
1. sayin steve nash lacks heart playin basketball is like sayin michael jordan wasnt really black, everyone who has a brain for the NBA knows this
2. the first year in the nash era dantoni did not have much of a rotation and its still not that wide to this day but its gettin better each season and im pretty sure that weve gotten deep into the playoffs each season so you could try and link our not winning a championship to small rotation but its a lame correlation cuz theres not much to disprove it
3. all the trade talks about amare were other teams wanting him, and thats it, period. kerr stated that he has never inquired to any teams about dealing STAT but they have asked about him, only to no avail. and im pretty sure kobe wants out and your team was entertaining offers so you might not wanna bring that up.
4. there are always trade talks about marion, wake up and smell the coffee dude, the only reason it seems more serious this year is cuz his contract is up next season and any superstar thats contracts up soon has their team wondering what its gonna cost to keep them or if they should try to trade and get some good value or just end up losing them to free agency and gettin nothin in return, which is why the suns organization cleared up cap space recently and is still trying to so that they can re-sign marion.
5. the spurs are a great team, i hate them with a passion cuz all they ever do is flop and cry like freakin lil girl baby wusses, but they are great tho ill admit it, however the two years weve run into them in the playoffs weve been shortsided - jj gettin hurt (even tho i admit we still probably woulda lost that series still in 6) and then this year amare and boris' supsension, and last year against the mavs we didnt have kurt or amare and raja was hurt, oh and thats weird dallas went on to the finals...
6. and i think we have all the players we needed last year, but for certain unfortunate events we didnt get to the finals, however this year we basically upgraded from james jones to grant hill, which im waitin to see if it will pan out, i think it will if they stick to startin him
7. haha yes the cardinals do give az sort of a bad rep
8. i think all my previous rebuttals silence this number
9. you may be right about this but according to reports (and of course this is specualtion) grant is in the best shape hes been in in a while, but we just have to wait and see
10. this is the second worst reason because as much as the suns defense gets slammed we have three of the best defenders in the league in marion, raja, and kurt and im pretty sure amare is gettin to be a force down low on the D end.
So KB24fan you might wanna reconsider the crap you come in here with dude, im not tryin to be immature and bicker about this but some of the stuff you stated (i.e. #1) is so ridiculous. steve nash, no heart? please.

Last edited by Rab : 07-16-2007 at 04:08 PM.
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:06 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
dude im pretty dang aphauled and downright offended and this horsecrap and now ill back it up and shut down every point you make with legit arguments
1. sayin steve nash lacks heart playin basketball is like sayin michael jordan wasnt really black, everyone who has a brain for the NBA knows this
2. the first year in the nash era dantoni did not have much of a rotation and its still not that wide to this day but its gettin better each season and im pretty sure that weve gotten deep into the playoffs each season so you could try and link our not winning a championship to small rotation but its a lame correlation cuz theres not much to disprove it
3. all the trade talks about amare were other teams wanting him, and thats it, period. kerr stated that he has never inquired to any teams about dealing STAT but they have asked about him, only to no avail. and im pretty sure kobe wants out and your team was entertaining offers so you might not wanna bring that up.
4. there are always trade talks about marion, wake up and smell the coffee dude, the only reason it seems more serious this year is cuz his contract is up next season and any superstar thats contracts up soon has their team wondering what its gonna cost to keep them or if they should try to trade and get some good value or just end up losing them to free agency and gettin nothin in return, which is why the suns organization cleared up cap space recently and is still trying to so that they can re-sign marion.
5. the spurs are a great team, i hate them with a passion cuz all they ever do is flop and cry like freakin lil girl baby wusses, but they are great tho ill admit it, however the two years weve run into them in the playoffs weve been shortsided - jj gettin hurt (even tho i admit we still probably woulda lost that series still in 6) and then this year amare and boris' supsension, and last year against the mavs we didnt have kurt or amare and raja was hurt, oh and thats weird dallas went on to the finals...
6. and i think we have all the players we needed last year, but for certain unfortunate events we didnt get to the finals, however this year we basically upgraded from james jones to grant hill, which im waitin to see if it will pan out, i think it will if they stick to startin him
7. haha yes the cardinals do give az sort of a bad rep
8. i think all my previous rebuttals silence this number
9. you may be right about this but according to reports (and of course this is specualtion) grant is in the best shape hes been in in a while, but we just have to wait and see
10. this is the second worst reason because as much as the suns defense gets slammed we have three of the best defenders in the league in marion, raja, and kurt and im pretty sure amare is gettin to be a force down low on the D end.
So KB24fan you might wanna reconsider the crap you come in here with dude, im not tryin to be immature and bicker about this but some of the stuff you stated (i.e. #1) is so ridiculous. steve nash, no heart? please.

dude... quit wasting your energy typing to brainless 3 year olds... just read his username... a Laker fan = a jealous fan... and his post count is pathetic and thus unreliable... thou shall not react to his dumb ignorance...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

i thought that when i read his stuff too wally world but i was too compelled to try and shut him down with sensible logic, and i did
Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24Fan
10.and my top ten reason why the suns will never win a championship. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!
1. Completely wrong
2. They use a short rotation yes, but more than 7. The only time they used less is when Amare and Diaw were suspended.
3. Fabricated by Minnesota and ATL. The FO has denyed every rumor. Steve Kerr had Amare in his office 3 different times to tell him he was going nowhere.
4. This talk comes up every year. Also, if there was a chance this team could've swapped a Marion led package to Minny to land KG, there is no reason why this trade talk shouldn't have taken place.
5. Maybe the only Top 10 you have correct.
6. No they're not. They have just a good a chance as Dallas or SA.
7. This is just stupid.
8. The Mavs? Are you kidding me? They may not want to see the Spurs, but Dallas is a team the Suns are not afraid to play.
9. Grant Hill is not the missing piece, nor does this team think he is. He's an upgrade over James Jones though who they just traded.
10. The Suns are a better defensive team than people give them credit for. They're defense against SA was not half bad.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #6
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

hey rab i like the backup and im not dissin you but i think you just repeated about everything i said.....
Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
rising_suns_2008
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I am going to pull the plug in this topic and change it around....

Here are the top 5 reason why the SUNS will win a championship come next season....

1. Signing Grant Hill will give plenty of experience in the SG/SF position and players like Shawn and Amare can play respectively in the PF and C positions.

2. Steve Kerr has had plenty of experience in his playing days, so he knows what it takes to be a championship caliber team...and to succeed to the top!!!

3. Amare's average last season after the knee surgery he had 20ppg 9reb a game.... He is going to go nuts next year and reminding about that series against SPURS a couple of years back in the conference finals where he averaged nearly 40pts a game against TIM DUNCAN!!!

4. The suns picked up some really tight and exciting youngsters and this should bring plenty of spark of the bench.... Tucker @ DJ Strawberry.

5. Suns have lost the last 3 years in the playoffs where they were so close to winning. They should of won last year if it wasn't the suspensions... and I feel the SUNS year is next year!!!
rising_suns_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

good call all around, five legit reasons, i like it
Old 07-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
hey rab i like the backup and im not dissin you but i think you just repeated about everything i said.....
Mine is the shortened version.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rising_suns_2008
I am going to pull the plug in this topic and change it around....

Here are the top 5 reason why the SUNS will win a championship come next season....

1. Signing Grant Hill will give plenty of experience in the SG/SF position and players like Shawn and Amare can play respectively in the PF and C positions.

2. Steve Kerr has had plenty of experience in his playing days, so he knows what it takes to be a championship caliber team...and to succeed to the top!!!

3. Amare's average last season after the knee surgery he had 20ppg 9reb a game.... He is going to go nuts next year and reminding about that series against SPURS a couple of years back in the conference finals where he averaged nearly 40pts a game against TIM DUNCAN!!!

4. The suns picked up some really tight and exciting youngsters and this should bring plenty of spark of the bench.... Tucker @ DJ Strawberry.

5. Suns have lost the last 3 years in the playoffs where they were so close to winning. They should of won last year if it wasn't the suspensions... and I feel the SUNS year is next year!!!

i would also like to add that even if the suns don't win a championship...our consolation is that the lakers will have done worse than us....
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

your version was incomprehensible and too long.

Last edited by Hawker : 07-24-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

reason why the Suns will win 10 at least 3 consecutive championships - we're gonna get KG!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #13
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

I'm technically a Bobcats fan... but I love almost every player on the Suns and I love their style of play. And it absolutely kills me when people say they can't play defense. I know someone said it earlier. But the biggest point to make in this argument is that the Suns run and gun never slow down they score more points then anyone and that means the opposing team gets more possessions then when playing a normal team and score more points. Bell and Marion are amazing defenders and Amare is a good defensive presence inside. If you want to look at a team with horrid defense that tried to play the Suns style look at the Grizz in the last 2 months they would score 120-130 and still lose by 10 or 15 points. If for their style of play to be successful you still have to be able to defend or the other team will easily score even more then the Suns
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: