Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
The_Masterplan
Banned

Default Is the naismith award the best college player award?

Because if it is the 4 finalists are Acie Law of aTm, Kevin Durant, Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina and Alando Tucker of Wisconsin.

I think Acie Law should win it of durant and tucker cus aTm went further in the tournament and without Acie law aTm would be terrible and aTm was 0-16 three years ago. Acie Law is a huge part of that.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Re: Is the naismith award the best college player award?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Because if it is the 4 finalists are Acie Law of aTm, Kevin Durant, Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina and Alando Tucker of Wisconsin.

I think Acie Law should win it of durant and tucker cus aTm went further in the tournament and without Acie law aTm would be terrible and aTm was 0-16 three years ago. Acie Law is a huge part of that.

So is Billy Gellipse(sp?)...and w/o durant Texas would be terrible too...A&M was expected to do well this season...Texas wasnt.

So what that A&M has went 1 round more than Texas???Thats not that big of a deal.Anyone that watches college basketball knows that Durant is the best college basketball player this year. The voters of the Naismith Award will agree with the voters out in the Big 12. End thread.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
So is Billy Gellipse(sp?)...and w/o durant Texas would be terrible too...A&M was expected to do well this season...Texas wasnt.

So what that A&M has went 1 round more than Texas???Thats not that big of a deal.Anyone that watches college basketball knows that Durant is the best college basketball player this year. The voters of the Naismith Award will agree with the voters out in the Big 12. End thread.

A&M will probably go further too. Acie Law has been a beast and very very clutch. He is also the best PG in the league. Durant was nowhere to be found against the Aggies in OT and Acie faced him up with a 3 to tie it up.

Last edited by The_Masterplan : 03-19-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
hippos
Banned

Law won't get it simply because he's not good enough. Same with Tucker.

That leaves Durant and Oden. Oden wasn't playing at a high level long enough due to injuries.

Therefore Durant is the POY.

This isn't like last year where Morrison and Redick were just as important, just as clutch and just as good (arguably in college) as each other.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos

That leaves Durant and Oden. Oden wasn't playing at a high level long enough due to injuries.

This isn't like last year where Morrison and Redick were just as important, just as clutch and just as good (arguably in college) as each other.

Oden wasnt a finalist
Old 03-20-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos

Arent you anti-kevin durant anyways?

BTW this is masterplans homer boasting to give acie law some pub. we know hes clutch.

he isn't on durants level.plus what is aTm's starting line up compared to Durants in terms of experience? Dont cry cause Acie Law couldnt lead the ags to a 12 conference win record, as frosh, but lead them to a 0 win conference record.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #7
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Arent you anti-kevin durant anyways?

BTW this is masterplans homer boasting to give acie law some pub. we know hes clutch.

he isn't on durants level.plus what is aTm's starting line up compared to Durants in terms of experience? Dont cry cause Acie Law couldnt lead the ags to a 12 conference win record, as frosh, but lead them to a 0 win conference record.

LOLz nice one. I wasnt even a fan of aTm three years ago. No, I am not a bandwagon. My bro didnt start going there until two years ago so i wasnt a fan of any team.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:19 AM   #8
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
LOLz nice one. I wasnt even a fan of aTm three years ago. No, I am not a bandwagon. My bro didnt start going there until two years ago so i wasnt a fan of any team.

Defination of a bandwagon fan.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:36 AM   #9
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Defination of a bandwagon fan.

How is that a being bandwagon fan? They werent even that good 2 years ago and i was still a fan. Everyone becomes a fan at some points and at this point i had a reason to be a fan of aTm because my bro was going there. I had no interest in any other school because none of my parents went to a college with a good basketball team.

So guess whenever you have interest in a team for a good reason you are a bandwagon fan. Looks like everyone is a bandwagon fan then.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: