Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fir

I don't see any major changes...although, I do expect Flip and Sheed to be looked at first. Some amount of changes will take place, and are of course needed....the question is where.

The Pistons are a 50 win team "as is"....you don't blow up 50 win teams...you tweak them.

Still, if the right deal (s) comes along, I expect Joe D. will do what he has to do...and no one is 100% safe.

Living Legend

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fired?

They just got beat by a better team top to bottom. What do you expect?

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Default Re: Will Flip Saunders be fired before Monday??

i know it isnt Rip's fault he is a very good player and he played very well this series. but if i was the pistons i would explore his trade value to see if they can pick up a talented defensive beast with at least decent offensive skills big man to along side wallace. when they were in the finals those 2 times the last couple years its cause they had 2 talented beast defenders in the wallace's defending the paint. it was just tough to score on them because the opposing teams couldnt score in the paint against them. Rip is expendable and can be replaced but what ben wallace brought to that team for all those years wasnt and that's why they havent been able to make the finals anymore.

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fir

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    One thing I was dissapointed in FLIP was that he didn't use Rasheed in the low block enough. Did anyone see how much trouble Sheed was giving Perks down low in the third quarter???? If they would of continue doing that, sheed wouldn't be shoooting such low percentage shots.
    Pretty sure Wallace is more to blame for that aspect.

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fired?

trade wallace and prince for lebron

Quote Originally Posted by shaoyut
    trade wallace and prince for lebron
    How old are you? just curious because this is one of the dumbest trade proposals ive seen in my time on ISH.

Is Elton Brand an option? I see he has an opt-out. A trade for Sheed could free up a buunch of money for the Clips at the end of the year and possibly not piss of their fans if Brand just walks.

For such a quality team, the Pistons' cap situation is very impressive. The only players signed past next season are Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Amir Johnson. They dont have a single "bad" contract. Combined with the fact that they have an impressive group of young players, I expect Joe Dumars to continue to make the right moves, and I see no reason why the Pistons wont continue to be perennial players in the Eastern Conference

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Default Re: I blame Detroit's loss solely on Rasheed Wallace.

Here's something I heard on ESPN that I agree with. They said that this core group had been playing together for so long, that they're TOO comfortable with each other, leading to a sense of comfort on the floor (which is usually good) but ZERO urgency. Zero intensity.

They suggested changing a piece or two will resurge this group.

Default Re: I blame Detroit's loss solely on Rasheed Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Here's something I heard on ESPN that I agree with. They said that this core group had been playing together for so long, that they're TOO comfortable with each other, leading to a sense of comfort on the floor (which is usually good) but ZERO urgency. Zero intensity.

They suggested changing a piece or two will resurge this group.
    That, and 3 out of the 4 key guys will be 30 or older next season. Not that I see any dramatic falloffs in their performances, but you pretty much know at this point what you are going to get from this group. The "upside" is non-existent. They have maxed out. Alot of teams wish they could "max out" like the Pistons and get 50+ wins and an ECF finals appearance each season, but you worry about the lack of urgency and intensity that has reared it's ugly head the past 3 years now. You can argue that they were the favored team vs. Miami/Cleveland/Boston (maybe? am I wrong about the Boston?). Great teams don't play down to the competition. They find ways to remain motivated.
    Last edited by mlh1981; 05-31-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

prediction: Sheed goes to the Mavs in the offseason.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    prediction: Sheed goes to the Mavs in the offseason.
    For?

i honestly think that they'll give rasheed to the cavs for like joe smith, sasha pavlovic and big Z.

can u imagine that line up?

c: Wallace
    pf: Wallace
    sf: James
    sg: Wally.s
    pg: West

that would kick some ass!.

Flip is a terrible coach, and I've been subjected to him for so long that I've actually become numb to watching his horrible basketball schemes.

That being said, it's not really important to fire him now, as I think this team's window has passed. I just don't think the core players have the youth and energy to play championship level basketball. They can do so in spurts, but I think it's probably age, not arrogance, that induces them to "flip the switch". They don't have the legs to hustle 48 minutes, and hustle is what that team was originally designed around. They imposed their will on games with monsterous passion and athleticism.

I do think their will be major changes at some point in the next year. Dumars has to see the writing on the wall at this point. Time for a new direction.

Like someone mentioned already...the Pistons contract issues are good. The options on which player (s) to move, are a few....It's going to be interesting watching Joe D's moves.