Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Chamberlain trying to beat the shotclock! (video)

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC25abFB3co

Who is that dude, he can't ball to save his life
    Most of these failed dunks were from his Wizards days, when he didnt had lift anymore as ~40 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I bet Wilt said the same thing the season when Kareem averaged 40 points on 50% shooting on Wilt himself..
    He actually held Kareem to a crazy low fg% compared to his normal % if you look at all the h2h...Just saying lmao

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Hakeem would NOT mop the floor with wilt or Russell IMO, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to change someone else's opinion. As Good as Hakeem was I just personally think he'd have a harder time stopping Wilt than Vice Versa...Wilt hardly ever fell for ball fakes...but, Im also not saying that Hakeem wouldn't ever best Chamberlain because Hakeem WAS a beast himself. So arguing will get us no where haha
    Your lover Jlauber used to post stuff about how Bill Russell would be a Ben Wallace type of player today.

I'm not copying Jlauber just because we can make the same connective argument. Unlike him, I try to keep it as short as possible because LONG ass paragraphs are an eyesore...Write something long explaining my point of view "JLAUBER 2!" Try to keep it short as possible " SPECIAL ED JLAUBER!!"

:)
    You just posted exactly what he's been spamming the last years and you probably heard about it from him as well.

I do respect your opinion, I just disagree with it
    That's cool, but be yourself, homie. Stealing CavsFTW's videos and then copying Jlaubers post is not something you should do if you want anyone to take you seriously.

NBA rookie of the year

He actually held Kareem to a crazy low fg% compared to his normal % if you look at all the h2h...Just saying lmao

But Kareem also dumped 40 points per game on 50% shooting over 5 games in a whole season vs Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You wanna talk about undersized? Wilt dominated players half his size, strength and ability.

What you guys need to think about (rather than looking at stats) is what a monster Wilt was....back then. In that era, seven footers were unheard of. Uncoordinated freaks even. Wilt was a different animal. People would look at a guy his size and think to themselves, "Wow, this guy isn't made for sports; he would be PERFECT for a circus."

Wilt had such a crazy level of athleticism (with less training-methods than later athletes had), looking back, you can't say you weren't impressed.
    That's actually very wrong...Shaq had more of an overall Size Advantage than the players he went against than Wilt did..There was more 7 footers back then than you think....Remember they were measured barefoot back then...Not inflated like today...example...West is listed at 6'2, when he's actually 6'4 just like Kobe...While today someone like kevin love is listed at 6'10...reality 6'7 1/2....Plus he faced those HOF players more often than any other center did his piers since his time

Walt Bellamy, Nate Thurmond, Russell to just name a small few (Went against Russ alone 142 or 3 times) While Ewing and Robinson less than 20

I'm not trying to say that Wilt would " ****IN DOMINATE HAKEEM!! NO CHANCE" Just that wilt would have an edge IMO...and I never said he would average those same numbers in a different era either

But Kareem also dumped 40 points per game on 50% shooting over 5 games in a whole season vs Wilt.
    Yeah I know, I've seen the H2H...But with "Jlauber's" argument that Kareem never was able to light up the same players wilt did the same way does say something...All I'm saying is, is that you guys aren't giving him enough credit imo..but you have every damn right to think he's just a scrub

And just to say, you don't think someone has made those same arguments to people before him? Jlauber isn't the old testament of Wilt arguments haha

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    That pass at 3:00 mark wtf

That's actually very wrong...Shaq had more of an overall Size Advantage than the players he went against than Wilt did..There was more 7 footers back then than you think....Remember they were measured barefoot back then...Not inflated like today...example...West is listed at 6'2, when he's actually 6'4 just like Kobe...While today someone like kevin love is listed at 6'10...reality 6'7 1/2....Plus he faced those HOF players more often than any other center did his piers since his time

Walt Bellamy, Nate Thurmond, Russell to just name a small few (Went against Russ alone 142 or 3 times) While Ewing and Robinson less than 20

I'm not trying to say that Wilt would " ****IN DOMINATE HAKEEM!! NO CHANCE" Just that wilt would have an edge IMO...and I never said he would average those same numbers in a different era either
    Whether or not players were measured differently then is irrelevant. I go by what is listed - and the fact is, night in and night out, Shaq faced players with a (comparable) combination of ability/skill/size/height more frequently than Wilt did.

Yeah I know, I've seen the H2H...But with "Jlauber's" argument that Kareem never was able to light up the same players wilt did the same way does say something.
    This is strawman type sh!t right here.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah I know, I've seen the H2H...But with "Jlauber's" argument that Kareem never was able to light up the same players wilt did the same way does say something...All I'm saying is, is that you guys aren't giving him enough credit imo..but you have every damn right to think he's just a scrub

And just to say, you don't think someone has made those same arguments to people before him? Jlauber isn't the old testament of Wilt arguments haha
    Jlauber actually never saw Wilt play, he changed his mind about Wilt and his era just a few years ago. He used to write that Bill Russell today would be like Ben Wallace and all kind of stuff like this;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53

You should trust to much of what he says. He changed his mind just a couple of years ago over boxscores and youtube-videos.

And why the hell are you using Jlauber as a source?

3-time NBA All-Star

Jlauber actually never saw Wilt play, he changed his mind about Wilt and his era just a few years ago. He used to write that Bill Russell today would be like Ben Wallace and all kind of stuff like this;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53

You should trust to much of what he says. He changed his mind just a couple of years ago over boxscores and youtube-videos.

And why the hell are you using Jlauber as a source?

This coming from the biggest LIAR whoever posted on ISH. He SWORE that his loverboy Hakeem did NOT guard Kareem in the '86 REGULAR SEASON games. I then posted a RECAP which CLEARLY had a helpless Hakeem allowing a 39 year old Kareem (A 39 YEAR OLD KAREEM, who couldn't jump over a matchstick) just SLAUGHTERING a 23 year old Hakeem. 46 points, on 21-30 shooting, and in only 37 minutes. Not only that, but I posted FOOTAGE (unfortunately it has since been removed) of Kareem just embarrassing Hakeem with a 40 point game. It was LAUGHABLE. I could have defended Kareem better myself.

In fact, a 38-39 year old Kareem PUNISHED the inept defensive Hakeem to the tune of TEN STRAIGHT GAMES of 33.0 ppg on .630 shooting. I have challenged ANYONE here to find a more dominant stretch of TEN STRAIGHT GAMES, whether it be the greatest player of all-time versus the many scrubs that Hakeem himself, faced, that ever hung 10 straight games of 33 ppg on .630 shooting against ANYONE else.

Not only that, the SAME Hakeem who lined up directly in those boxscores with Kareem, who he TRIED to guard in ALL ten games (Dickwad has never been able to dispute it, because, quite frankly, he DID guard him in EVERY one of those regular season H2H's...but the burden is now on the LIAR to disprove it) was also lined up directly across Artis Gilmore in TEN STRAIGHT games from the 84-85 and 85-86 seasons (BTW, Dickwad challenged me on those games, and as ALWAYS, I made a complete FOOL out of him.) And in THOSE TEN STRAIGHT GAMES, Gilmore averaged 24 ppg on...get this... .677 shooting.

Then, Dickwad has the audacity to bring up a PRIME Kareem, in his greatest season, scoring 40 ppg on .500 (a CAREER high season against Wilt BTW), in FIVE games, against a 35 year old Chamberlain on a surgically repaired knee. And that was in FIVE games.

How about their CAREER H2H's, which again, favor Hakeem far more than Chamberlain. A 38-41 year Kareem (actually 42) outscored a 23-26 year old Hakeem, 23 ppg to 22 ppg,....which is bad enough, but Kareem OUTSHOT that helpless oaf by a staggering .607 to .512 margin. Meanwhile, a 34-36 year Chamberlain (BTW, a 33 year old Wilt just CRUSHED a 22 year old Kareem in their one H2H...but that was a healthy Wilt)...held a 23-26 year old Kareem to a CAREER .464 shooting.

Think about this. An OLD Chamberlain held a PRIME Kareem to .464 shooting in 28 H2H games, while an OLD Kareem, barely able to play 30 mpg, and do anything but shoot, shot .607 in 23 career H2H's against a 23-26 Hakeem.

And it gets worse. In those 28 H2H's with an OLD Wilt (who was ROUTINELY knocking the skyhook all over the gym...and when Dickwad challenged me on that, I immediately produced a video, in which Chamberlain smacked TWO skyhooks into Kareem's face, in a span of FIVE SECS)...this OLD Wilt, and against a PRIME ATHLETIC Kareem at his most dominant point in his career, to 10 games of shooting 50% or better. TEN games out of 28! And ONE game of over 60%. With SIX of under .399.

Now, how about a 23-26 year old Hakeem against a GERIATRIC Kareem, aged 38-42? In 23 career H2H's, Kareem shot 50%, or better, in TWENTY of them. Oh, and he shot 60%, or better, in a staggering TWELVE of them. Oh, and he shot better than 70% in, get this...FIVE of them.

And before Dickwad LIES, and claims that Hakeem stopped Kareem in the '86 WCF's, well, the TRUTH was, Fitch FINALLY took the advice of SPORTSWRITERS, and put SAMPSON on Kareem. Why? Because he KNEW he had NO CHANCE with a helpless Hakeem guarding Kareem.

And before Dickwad brags about how Hakeem "dominated" the Lakers in '86, he SLIGHTLY outscored Kareem, by a 31 ppg to 27 ppg margin. He, of course outrebounded Kareem, 11 rpg to 6 rpg, but EVERYONE was outrebounding Kareem by that point in his career. And he BARELY outshot Kareem, by a .520 to .496 margin.

Let's get real here. Put the '72 Kareem, that was held to .457 shooting in the WCF's by an OLD Wilt, and to only .414 shooting in the last FOUR pivotal games of that series...against that Hakeem, and 50+ ppg games would have been the norm. Probably 60-70. Think about,...and OLD Kareem, playing 37 mpg, hung 46 points on that Hakeem, and on 70% shooting! Put a PEAK Kareem on that Hakeem, and, well...they would have booed Hakeem out of the building while Kareem would be scoring AT WILL against him.

Now, what we NEVER witnessed, though, was a PRIME Chamberlain against Kareem. The PRIME Wilt who absolutely destroyed MANY of the SAME centers that a PRIME Kareem would face, and against whom Kareem didn't come within the other side of the universe in dominating to the extent that a PRIME Chamberlain did.

How about this? A PRIME Kareem faced Thurmond in 43 H2H games. He had a total of SEVEN in which he scored 30+ against Nate, with a HIGH game of 34 points. A PRIME "scoring" Wilt (who was a FAR greater scorer in the POST-SEASON than a PRIME Hakeem EVER was BTW)...just SHELLED Thurmond in the span of 11 straight games, ranging from the last game of the '65 season, thru nine games in the '66 season, and into the first game of the '67 season. Included in those 11 straight games, were SIX games of 30+ (30, 33, 33, 34, 38, and even 45 points.) And in those games, he not only outscored Nate in TEN of the 11, he was outscoring him by margins of 33-17, 33-10, 38-15, and...get this...45-13.

In Wilt's 68-69 season, his ELEVENTH, at age 32, Chamberlain hung games of 60 on Connie Dierking, and 66 on Jim Fox. Kareem would come into the league the very next season, 69-70, and face those guys on numerous occasions. His high game against Dierking? 41 points. Oh, and BTW, in that SAME season, Chamberlain scored 43 against Dierking. And, I'm sure that if I took the time to look them up, I could find SEVERAL 50+ games against Dierking, as well.

How about Fox? Kareem faced Fox in some 30+ H2H's, and his HIGH game was 40 points.

How about Willis Reed? A PRIME "scoring" Wilt in his 64-65 season, and covering NINE H2H games, AVERAGED 40.1 ppg against Reed, with games in which he outscored Reed by margins of 41-9, 52-23, and 58-28. Find me ANY 50+ point game by Kareem against Reed.

How about the 6-11 HOFer Walt Bellamy? Kareem faced Bellamy in about 25 career H2H's (and Bellamy was a very good player even into his last season, and was playing fulltime.) Not only did Bellamy outscore Kareem in SEVERAL, Kareem's three highest games against Bellamy were 40, 39, and 35 points.

How about Wilt vs. Bellamy? Hell, in their FIRST GAME, Chamberlain waxed Bells by a 52-14 margin. In their first TWENTY STRAIGHT H2H games, Chamberlain AVERAGED...get this... 48.2 ppg against Bellamy (in ten games in 62-63, Wilt averaged 43.7 ppg, and in ten H2H's in the 61-62 season, Wilt averaged 52.7 ppg against Bellamy.) Wilt had FOUR games of 60+, SEVERAL more of 50+ (including one game in '66 in which he outscored Bellamy by a 50-26 margin), and how about this...his HIGH game against Bellamy was a 73 point game, on 29-48 shooting, with 36 rebounds.

And yet a PRIME Kareem, facing a declining Bellamy could "only" hang games of 40, 39, and 35 on Bellamy. BTW, Kareem also faced Darrall Imhoff in several games. Find me HIS 100 point game (or even a 56 point game, which Chamberlain plastered Imhoff with in their very next meeting, and in which Imhoff received a standing ovation.)

In any case, Dickwad drummed up an old VERY agenda driven video by known Wilt-hater Fecal9, in which Fecal EDITED two second half games in '64 and '67, in which he deliberately left out Wilt's dominating shots (and these two games were among the worst of Wilt's post season ...even though he outscored Russell in one of them by a 27-8 margin, while outrebounding him in the same game by a 38-19 margin.)

Dickwad alos challenged my take that Wilt came into the league with a GOOD OUTSIDE game. He demanded footage. I gave him a great highlight video, with Chamberlain hitting JUMP SHOTS from 15+ feet. BUT, that wasn't good enough for the clown. He wanted more game footage. I provided the '62 NBA all-star game...again, Chamberlain hitting a myriad of shots from up to 15 ft. (in a game in which was the greatest ever played by an all-star, in which he scored 42 points, on 17-23 shooting, and with 24 rebounds.) Not good enough for Dickwad. (As a sidenote Dickwad...care to give us Hakeem's all-star game stats... or 9 ppg on .409 shooting in his all-star career.) So, thanks to CavsFan and Jongib369, we have full game, and near full game footage, in which Chamberlain is ROUTINELY hitting shots from 15+ ft (including a recently released game in which he hits a beautiful JUMP SHOT from about 17 ft.)

So, if the idiotic Dickwad is going to waste time reposting an agenda-driven EDITED video in an OBVIOUS attempt to disparage Wilt, well, I will post KJ slamming the ball in Hakeem's grill.

Oh, and BTW, game four of the '99 Houston-LA playoff game is on YouTube in 10 segments. Go ahead and watch what a 26 year old Shaq just abuses a 36 year old Hakeem with. Incidently, a 36 year old Chamberlain held a 26 year old Kareem to .450 shooting in SIX regular season games (while Wilt shot .737 against Kareem, including one game in which he outscored Kareem, 24-21, while outshooting Kareem, 10-14 to 10-27.)
    Last edited by jlauber; 08-19-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
    That pass at 3:00 mark wtf
    That pass was made by Elgin Baylor

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    @Cavaliers, And yet chances are that most of the hearsay that most Jlauber arguments are based on are utter and total bullshit.
    HEARSAY! Heresay is when I post a VIDEO of TEX WINTER claiming that he witnessed a high school Chamberlain taking three steps and dunking the ball from the FT line. In fact, it was so much "hearsay" that Winter convinced the ruling bodies to BAN the dunking of FTs BECAUSE of Chamberlain.

You yourself have never provided one shred of actual RESEARCH to ANY of YOUR posts.

I have plastered MY posts with RESEARCH, FACTS, STATS, LOGIC, and even VIDEO FOOTAGE.

GTFO you moron.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Millwad - your trying to hate on Jlauber - great, but its pissing me off every time you carelessly throw former players (and an entire NBA era) under the bus. I don't know whether your banking on the fact that there is barely any film of that era to back up stupid demands like "Show me Calvin Murphy dunking!" (which is unfair). Or if your just genuinely convinced guys back then weren't athletic enough to dunk or finish left handed layups? (Which is just plain dumb).

There isn't a single Calvin Murphy game on film. Not one. Might as well say "show me film of him scratching his balls cause I don't believe he had any!". I combed my entire archive and found a grand total 1 minutes of footage of the guy. And what are the odds. He dunks in that footage. If A guy has 1 minute of footage to his name and in that 1 minute has a clip of him dunking... chances are it was no freak accident. Chances are, he's a dunker.

http://youtu.be/VPTFk7oMwZw
    This dickwad clown is a complete idiot. As always he challenges anything I post, and as ALWAYS, I make a complete FOOL out of him. Once again he demands me to find someone who could dunk like the 6-1 KG (BTW, the 60's was FILLED with players who were playing ABOVE the RIM)...and, I IMMEDIATELY come up with an article on the 5-9 Calvin Murphy (BTW, one of the greatest scorers in college history, and a fine NBA player), and in which he was doing two-hand behind the head dunks. Dickwad challenges that article and demands VIDEO proof. Of course, as you said, you find a one minute VIDEO, and in it Murphy is dunking the ball.

And the moron STILL questions it.

Just like he did on your video when Chamberlain is CLEARLY within a couple of inches of the top-of-the-backboard (and here again, without benefit of a running start.)

Or my article on Gus Johnson's vertical, when he challenged the point about Joey Johnson's vertical. I IMMEDIATELY produced an article not only crediting Johnson with a 48" vertical, but it claimed that he had his CHIN above the rim. Of course he demanded more.

The FACT is, you could produce a VIDEO of Chamberlain doing backflips over the backboard, and he would still attempt to deny it.

From now on, the burden of proof will be on that legendary LIAR to disprove what everyone else posts.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Millwad with his agenda again Truly sad